Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 01:24 PM

419 posts, read 2,016,951 times

Advertisements

If 12 percent of the workers in Arizona are illegal aliens, that is alot of people who potentially could be laid off in the upcoming year. Many of these people will be facing an economic crisis and will not have the money to just pick up and move to CA or Mexico. These people are usually making under $10 an hour and live paycheck to paycheck. Their loss of income will cause a huge ripple effect that will strain social services and police resources.

Here are my predictions:

Hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens will lose their jobs and will be forced to go to social services for help. They may not be eligible for some services but the problems will be so severe that the tax payers will be forced to help.

Many newly unemployed illegals will be forced to start committing crimes which will cause huge problems

There will be many- many- many stories in the newspaper about the poor unemployed illegal worker who is now desparate and they will no longer be able to support their family. The stories will be very pro illegal immigrant and will persuade people to change their mind about the illegal workers, which will effect legislation.

As more illegal immigrants are newly unemployed, they will start some serious demonstrations which will scare America.

Eventually the courts will step in and eliminate all local and state laws regarding illegal immigration and the federal government will continue to do nothing.
===================
Lets discuss this a different way and really get into the issue of what we can do when so many illegal immigrants become unemployed. It will cause problems and an easy, lets deport and arrest them cop out will not work.

Last edited by questioner2; 12-31-2007 at 01:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 01:28 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,133,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
Here are my predictions:

Hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens will lose their jobs and will be forced to go to social services for help.
They're not eligible for that help. They shouldn't get it.

Quote:
Many newly unemployed illegals will be forced to start committing crimes which will cause huge problems
Pick 'em up and deport them.

Quote:
There will be many- many- many stories in the newspaper about the poor unemployed illegal worker who is now desparate and they will no longer be able to support their family. The stories will be very pro illegal immigrant and will persuade people to change their mind about the illegal workers, which will effect legislation.
Not me. Cry me a river. They should leave.

Quote:
As more illegal immigrants are newly unemployed, they will start some serious demonstrations which will scare America.
I'm not scared and never will be. They have no right to be here.

Quote:
Eventually the courts will step in and eliminate all local and state laws regarding illegal immigration and the federal government will continue to do nothing.
LOL...riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:34 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,735,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
They're not eligible for that help. They shouldn't get it.
If they are not eligible Then why does your side always claim they use it?

Old 12-31-2007, 01:35 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,352,516 times
When I became "newly unemployed" I managed to avoid being "forced to start committing crimes" - to this day, I do not know how I dodged THAT bullet.

When I became "newly unemployed" I still managed to get by without taking a government handout. I just don't know how I managed....

Oh, that's right, I got another job! And I didn't have to worry about working under the table, since I am working in the country I am a citizen of! It really is underrated - I would highly recommend it to all those in AZ who might find themselves wondering how they will get by after the new law takes effect.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:36 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,133,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
I cannot believe you're asking this question when the answer is so obvious: identity theft. Just because they shouldn't get it doesn't mean they won't.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:40 PM

419 posts, read 2,016,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I cannot believe you're asking this question when the answer is so obvious: identity theft. Just because they shouldn't get it doesn't mean they won't.
Using the E-Verify program will hopefully eliminate a large number of simple identity theft because most illegal aliens who work in low wage labor currently just make up a name and a social security number at random. They do not have the ability to actually steal lock stop and barrell somones name, age, identification and social security number.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:44 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,352,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
Using the E-Verify program will hopefully eliminate identity theft because most illegal aliens who work in low wage labor currently just make up a name and a social security number at random. They do not have the ability to actually steal lock stop and barrell somones name, age, identification and social security number.
That information is peddled on the same streets they are getting their drugs from - read up on it.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:51 PM

17,290 posts, read 29,349,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
They USE their "citizen by default only" kids to get it.

Yet no outrage from "your side" over THAT exploitation either.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:33 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,504,874 times
They got here didn't they? They can go back home just fine.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:47 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,590,420 times
Is the law even going to stick. What is the word out of the most liberal court in San Fran?

In another thread someone posted that many businesses haven't even signed up for the e-verify system..

What does that tell you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration