U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 03:14 PM

31 posts, read 57,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
How come every noob poster in the immigration forum sounds just like ProLogic? I wonder...

How do you know it isn't going to do anything? Please share your crystal ball with me and let me know what the next winning lotto numbers are
FEDERAL LAW IS THE LAW OF THE LAND. 14TH AMENDMENT.

Even if these measures do come to pass nothing will come of it like what everyone here is imagining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 03:22 PM

17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alely View Post

Even if these measures do come to pass nothing will come of it like what everyone here is imagining.
If enough people start to demand change, something CAN come out of it.

The tricky part is elevating the issue onto the national radar, and this does it just fine.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:41 PM

902 posts, read 505,464 times
Quote:

I see we have another person who knows nothing about the Constitution and the true interpretation of it. These are usually the same people who will swear that the Bible is literal. Oh well, such ignorance in this country these days.

Old 12-31-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
If enough people start to demand change, something CAN come out of it.

The tricky part is elevating the issue onto the national radar, and this does it just fine.
Are you following me?

Look I love this whole people can do attitude, but do you honestly think real Americans run America?

Old 12-31-2007, 03:45 PM

13,048 posts, read 21,158,596 times
Quote:
Are you following me?

Look I love this whole people can do attitude, but do you honestly think real Americans run America?
Did the teacher who taught you the clever "ASSUME" trick also tell you who really runs America? This I gotta hear....

Old 12-31-2007, 03:46 PM

17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
Quote:
Are you following me?

Are you trying to say the corporations run America? I agree.

But lets remember that the only reason why amnesty WASN'T granted lasted year was because Americans kept up the pressure on their representatives.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:01 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Are you trying to say the corporations run America? I agree.

But lets remember that the only reason why amnesty WASN'T granted lasted year was because Americans kept up the pressure on their representatives.
"AMNESTY" passed in 2006 in the senate but the anti-immigrant republicans in the house refused to consider it. The democrats and immigration advocates didnt really like the bill this year because it was too tough etc. In 2009 with a larger majority in the senate and even larger majority in the house and possibly a dem president "amnesty" will pass. The very vocal minority who call everytime they don't like any sensible immigration bill won't be able to kill it this time.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Did the teacher who taught you the clever "ASSUME" trick also tell you who really runs America? This I gotta hear....
Corporations do. Don't be so naive. Even TriMT7, who's been arguing the whole time with me from post to post, agrees.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:09 PM

4,834 posts, read 5,440,733 times
I always liked The Great State of Arizona...!

Old 12-31-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
I see we have another person who knows nothing about the Constitution and the true interpretation of it. These are usually the same people who will swear that the Bible is literal. Oh well, such ignorance in this country these days.
"True Interpretations"

Wow, someone actually accused me of being a bible thumper... Dude, that hurt.

I would in now way shape or form, even under cruel and unusual punishment ever even imply that the bible is literal. That's just wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or