U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 01:30 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,978,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Probably because he has a habit of race baiting on this forum. Most of the pro-illegal crowd (if the scant few can be considered a crowd) realize they have no footing in this debate, so they try to twist the illegal issue into a race/ethnicity issue.

Those of us who are for the enforcement of our laws/anti illegal don't reduce our argument to a question of race/ethnicity - we want illegals from ALL countries out of the US. They can go home and re-try the LEGAL WAY, like those immigrants in the US LEGALLY.
Good call DontH8Me; the pro-illegals are usually the ones dealing the race card.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 01:33 PM

419 posts, read 1,809,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I thought we were discussing illegals not Hispanics. There is nothing wrong with legal Hispanics populating any area of the country. There is something very wrong with areas being populated by illegals.

Just curious...why are you equating illegal with Hispanic?
I think because most people know that most Hispanics who have moved into these small towns that do not speak any english and have limited skills and education are illegal. The hispanic advocates say it themselves, there are few opportunities for legal immigration for most low skilled people from Mexico. If this is true, then most Hispanics who have come here in the last 10 years are illegal

Old 12-31-2007, 01:37 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,007,288 times
What it comes down to is we only have so many entry level jobs to steal and the Pacific southwest is full up of illegals. So they naturally have to move out into the heartland to find employment.

The bigger picture however, is that when you begin to get enclaves of illegals, they attract more. They feel safe in numbers when plying their criminal trade.

Old 12-31-2007, 04:35 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,224,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Possible but the elitists there may decide that NIMBY (Not In My Back Yard) may trump being PC very quickly.

Then we will start seeing the howls of indignation!
This would be a GOOD thing

Old 12-31-2007, 10:24 PM

4,750 posts, read 7,544,360 times
When living in North Carolina, there were a few years there when I first heard reports about increasing illegal immigration occuring in the city of Charlotte. I heard frustrated citizens in those areas calling into the local talk radio stations, etc. and voicing their concerns and complaints about related increases in crime, drunk-driving crashes, and so on. I remember vaguely thinking "what's the big deal about it? There can't really be THAT MANY people here illegally, can there? Surely they are guarding our borders, aren't these angry people overreacting?" . I also falsely assumed the "problem" was confined to the "big city" limits. Within a few years my own little southern "Mayberry" town, was overwhelmed, the disadvantages of this new breed of illegal immigration very apparent, and I finally "got it". It's easy for people who live in areas of the country that have not been effected by this yet, to talk and judge other people on the issue, as if they know all about it. They do not. Like anything else, until someone experiences the downsides of this problem first hand, they do not have a clear understanding of the issue at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or