U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 08:38 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times

Advertisements

Even Sen. John McCain has surrendered. A steadfast supporter of immigration reform with a pathway to citizenship, the Arizona Republican has essentially acknowledged that his party's anti-immigration forces have demolished any hope of soon legalizing the roughly 11 million undocumented immigrants in the U.S.

GOP has derailed immigration reform - Chicago Tribune

Like that's a problem NOT allowing illegal aliens to stay in the US?

Now to really step up the work in making their lawbreaking kind get the hint and LEAVE the US.

IMHO the pro amnesty fans are starting to run real scared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2014, 11:16 AM

7,064 posts, read 10,808,136 times
No reform needed, just enforcement.

Old 10-20-2014, 11:47 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
The so-called reform was a porkulous package that did very little to address actual problems within the system and a whole lot to pander to one very specific group. It did nothing to address the needs of the nation so I for one am thrilled that it is squashed.

Old 10-20-2014, 12:30 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The so-called reform was a porkulous package that did very little to address actual problems within the system and a whole lot to pander to one very specific group. It did nothing to address the needs of the nation so I for one am thrilled that it is squashed.
Ditto, and it needs to be continued to be squashed over and over every time it rears its ugly head.

Old 10-20-2014, 01:06 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,620,550 times
Default Need a clean Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ditto, and it needs to be continued to be squashed over and over every time it rears its ugly head.
What truly need to happen here is a clear precise bill. This a hot topic and most Americans are at wits end with the lack of over sight from the Obama and the HLS. Oh did I mention the lack of enforcement form the DOJ.

Plus the disrespect that Illegals have crossing in US Territory.
I love how the other side plays that Rep. are responsible here, just because they did not even read the bill and the Pork within.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:05 PM

3,847 posts, read 3,160,344 times
This should be put to a vote during the next presidential election and be put to rest finally.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:17 PM

12,734 posts, read 7,352,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
What truly need to happen here is a clear precise bill. This a hot topic and most Americans are at wits end with the lack of over sight from the Obama and the HLS. Oh did I mention the lack of enforcement form the DOJ.

Plus the disrespect that Illegals have crossing in US Territory.
I love how the other side plays that Rep. are responsible here, just because they did not even read the bill and the Pork within.
A Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill was passed with a Bipartisan senate vote of 68-32 and sent to the republican controlled house. If Boehner would bring the bill to the floor, the Republican Controlled House could amend the bill to suit their exact agenda and send it back to the Senate. This would include eliminating all the "pork" you mentioned and setting the exact process of reforming our immigration policies. House Republicans could do this any time they chose to do so. This is how congress has always worked.
So yes, it is completely the republicans fault by not doing their job in the House. the Republicans don't want to discuss comprehensive immigration reform so they deflect off on the Democrats when in reality, it's House Republicans who are monkey wrenching the whole process.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:46 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,620,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
A Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill was passed with a Bipartisan senate vote of 68-32 and sent to the republican controlled house. If Boehner would bring the bill to the floor, the Republican Controlled House could amend the bill to suit their exact agenda and send it back to the Senate. This would include eliminating all the "pork" you mentioned and setting the exact process of reforming our immigration policies. House Republicans could do this any time they chose to do so. This is how congress has always worked.
So yes, it is completely the republicans fault by not doing their job in the House. the Republicans don't want to discuss comprehensive immigration reform so they deflect off on the Democrats when in reality, it's House Republicans who are monkey wrenching the whole process.
If this is true it pains me that we can not work together on this. Most of on this forum know my position.

Old 10-20-2014, 02:57 PM

12,734 posts, read 7,352,730 times
Quote:
If this is true it pains me that we can not work together on this. Most of on this forum know my position.
Immigration reform bill 2013: Senate passes legislation 68-32 - POLITICO.com

The Senate on Thursday passed the most monumental overhaul of U.S. immigration laws in a generation, which would clear the way for millions of undocumented residents to have a chance at citizenship, attract workers from all over the world and devote unprecedented resources for security along the U.S.-Mexico border.
The vote was 68-32. Fourteen Republicans crossed the aisle to vote with all Democrats in favor. Thursday’s vote now puts the onus of immigration reform on the Republican-led House, where leaders have been resistant to the Senate legislation.

Just saying, this whole matter could have been solved along time ago if the Republicans in the House had the political will. They have the power to amend this Senate bill any way they like to suit their agenda. Then submit it to the Senate for a vote. Why won't they?
My bet is that as soon as the Mid terms are over, then the Republicans will turn on a dime and be for comprehensive immigration reform. They have to be, if they intend to be competitive in the 2016 elections.

Old 10-20-2014, 03:11 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Here lays the issue. The House Republicans don't want anything that resembles amnesty or a path to citizenship for illegal aliens and rightly so. So just want kind of amendment could they send to the Senate? There is no reform needed that includes the above so what would be the point of amending the Senate bill and sending it back to them when the main components of the Senate bill would be tossed out? A so-called CIR bill is ludicrous to begin with therefore there is no possibility of both sides working together when the main idea of the bill is ludicrous to begin with.

Last edited by Oldglory; 10-20-2014 at 04:34 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or