U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 07:23 AM

5,971 posts, read 2,805,709 times

Advertisements

Politicians have destroyed this country. I also blame Reagan for starting the illegal immigration problem by giving three million illegals amnesty in 1986
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2014, 08:10 AM

31,804 posts, read 14,654,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Politicians have destroyed this country. I also blame Reagan for starting the illegal immigration problem by giving three million illegals amnesty in 1986
I agree that Reagan shouldn't have granted amnesty back in 1986 however part of the deal was that congress would secure the border. That didn't happen. He also thought it would only be 300,000 that would come forward when it ended up being 3 million.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:40 AM

9,191 posts, read 18,552,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I agree that Reagan shouldn't have granted amnesty back in 1986 however part of the deal was that congress would secure the border. That didn't happen. He also thought it would only be 300,000 that would come forward when it ended up being 3 million.
This pretty much started the whole mess outside of the 1965 Immigration and Nationality Act.

They (illegal alien butt-kissers and illegal aliens themselves) know that if they just keep pounding away, that there will eventually be another amnesty. Well, it looks like that time has arrived.

Just wait until after the midterm elections are over.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:44 AM

4,919 posts, read 3,498,953 times
I worked long and hard for my Permanent Residency Card. Then I worked hard to become an American citizen. This pisses me off more than I can say. I wouldn't be surprised if it pissed off every single person in this country who paid all the money, filled out all the paperwork, had all the physicals and fingerprints, traveled to all the INS/ICE offices for interviews, and then stood in line and waited.........for years. I also wouldn't be surprised if it pissed off every single person in every single nation, who has been working through the legal process for years now, and who are still waiting their turn.

You do the right thing. You obey the law. You work legally through the process. And then millions of uneducated and unskilled and un-background-checked just walk across the border and this country welcomes them with open arms and a ton of free stuff. FU Federal Government and the low life, scum sucking, voting-block building politicians who are destroying this country one illegal immigrant at a time.

And BTW - Nancy Pelosi recently reprimanded a reporter for calling illegal immigrants, illegal immigrants. She wants them to be called "undocumented persons". For a long time after I moved to this country I was recognized by the government as a Legal Resident Alien.

Since these folks do not come here legally there is nothing wrong with calling them what they are. Illegal. A euphemism that pretties up what is happening on our southern border (and the overall impact that illegals have on this country) doesn't change a damn thing. They still are what they are, and the impact to this country (financially, demographically, educationally, security wise etc etc) is what it is.

Lipstick on a pig and all that.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:49 AM

10,400 posts, read 8,369,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
I just saw this on Fox News. Pretty disgusting ! Obama won't start travel restrictions from Africa, Obama will not secure our Southern border, and now he is preparing to allow 34 million illegals the opportunity to stay in America and work. Is Obama really stupid or is he trying to destroy America ?
I vote for option #2.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:34 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,988,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
Do we actually have 34 million available jobs?

On the business shows they get all excited if the jobs report shows a few thousand new jobs. Mostly part time. Where are we going to put 34 million people?
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklin_mac View Post
They're already here, aren't they.
Here is a thought on where to put them. How about stockpiling them back where they came from?

Old 10-22-2014, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
As this is a breitbart article we can have free license at creativity.
I suspect all those whiners and malcontents who are no longer happy about living in the USA are about to get replaced with 35 million people who will appreciate living in America.
I suspect that this is another example of Obama choosing to ignore the law of the land, the Constitution and the will of citizens just to show that he can, further degrading the country. It is what he does.

Old 10-22-2014, 10:38 AM

31,804 posts, read 14,654,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
This pretty much started the whole mess outside of the 1965 Immigration and Nationality Act.

They (illegal alien butt-kissers and illegal aliens themselves) know that if they just keep pounding away, that there will eventually be another amnesty. Well, it looks like that time has arrived.

Just wait until after the midterm elections are over.
Yes and in the meantime these Central Americans will keep flooding our border claiming refugee status that will just compound the problem.

As for the claim that we citizens don't appreciate our country one of the things I have appreciated about it is because we limit immigration to what we can accommodate and have laws against illegal immigration. That is no longer the case. Why would any sane American appreciate illegal immigration? Aren't we a nation for the rule of law? Kind of a stretch to claim we don't appreciate the good things that make this country great, isn't it? Illegal immigration isn't one of the good things as it is against the laws of this country.

Last edited by Oldglory; 10-22-2014 at 10:47 AM..

Old 10-22-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I worked long and hard for my Permanent Residency Card. Then I worked hard to become an American citizen. This pisses me off more than I can say. I wouldn't be surprised if it pissed off every single person in this country who paid all the money, filled out all the paperwork, had all the physicals and fingerprints, traveled to all the INS/ICE offices for interviews, and then stood in line and waited.........for years. I also wouldn't be surprised if it pissed off every single person in every single nation, who has been working through the legal process for years now, and who are still waiting their turn.

You do the right thing. You obey the law. You work legally through the process. And then millions of uneducated and unskilled and un-background-checked just walk across the border and this country welcomes them with open arms and a ton of free stuff. FU Federal Government and the low life, scum sucking, voting-block building politicians who are destroying this country one illegal immigrant at a time.

And BTW - Nancy Pelosi recently reprimanded a reporter for calling illegal immigrants, illegal immigrants. She wants them to be called "undocumented persons". For a long time after I moved to this country I was recognized by the government as a Legal Resident Alien.

Since these folks do not come here legally there is nothing wrong with calling them what they are. Illegal. A euphemism that pretties up what is happening on our southern border (and the overall impact that illegals have on this country) doesn't change a damn thing. They still are what they are, and the impact to this country (financially, demographically, educationally, security wise etc etc) is what it is.

Excellent post. Could not rep you officially again, but +1.

Old 10-22-2014, 01:04 PM

9,191 posts, read 18,552,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post

It's just really too bad that everyone who has done it the right way isn't ticked off at every illegal alien and illegal alien butt-kisser in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or