U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-29-2014, 07:16 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,350,866 times
Reputation: 5895

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Votre_Chef View Post
This entire thread rests upon the premise of a lie from a rightwing propaganda source.
Like most Americans: I want illegal aliens GONE. Start by letting the cops arrest any illegal JUST being being here illegally; word will get out real quick and most will self deport. The few hard heads left WILL shut up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-29-2014, 11:43 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,779,358 times
Reputation: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Retired View Post
I just saw this on Fox News. Pretty disgusting ! Obama won't start travel restrictions from Africa, Obama will not secure our Southern border, and now he is preparing to allow 34 million illegals the opportunity to stay in America and work. Is Obama really stupid or is he trying to destroy America ?
Both of those statements are true. He is a stupid SOB and he thinks he can destroy the Nation. He thinks
he can keep the Democrats in power by sticking his nose up every brown azz he can find......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2014, 12:05 PM
 
Location: USA
18,612 posts, read 13,768,006 times
Reputation: 12170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Like most Americans: I want illegal aliens GONE. Start by letting the cops arrest any illegal JUST being being here illegally; word will get out real quick and most will self deport. The few hard heads left WILL shut up.
In my view we should really employ the same policy that Mexico uses with South Americans. Arrest, Fine, Deport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2014, 12:07 PM
 
Location: Southeast, where else?
3,914 posts, read 4,027,939 times
Reputation: 5781
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
What is the Obama Administration up to?

US Ordering 34 Million Green Cards for Illegal Plan
Preparing votes....probably have some disclaimer on it that if they use it, they automatically cast Democrat at any future elections....can't even hide this lopsided deal.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2014, 03:18 PM
 
Location: USA
18,612 posts, read 13,768,006 times
Reputation: 12170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
Preparing votes....probably have some disclaimer on it that if they use it, they automatically cast Democrat at any future elections....can't even hide this lopsided deal.....
And the opening of the flood gates will be our undoing. We can absorb only so many immigrants at one time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2014, 04:53 PM
 
31,942 posts, read 14,712,394 times
Reputation: 8518
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
And the opening of the flood gates will be our undoing. We can absorb only so many immigrants at one time.
That's precisely why we have annual quotas. We need to get back to diversity in those numbers also instead of favoring one group as that is a recipe for colonization not assimilation. As for illegal immigration it should be out of the question, period!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2014, 05:00 PM
 
Location: USA
18,612 posts, read 13,768,006 times
Reputation: 12170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's precisely why we have annual quotas. We need to get back to diversity in those numbers also instead of favoring one group as that is a recipe for colonization not assimilation. As for illegal immigration it should be out of the question, period!
"That's precisely why we have annual quotas. "
And what good are quotas or any other government controlled process if they ignore them anyway
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2014, 06:06 PM
 
31,942 posts, read 14,712,394 times
Reputation: 8518
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"That's precisely why we have annual quotas. "
And what good are quotas or any other government controlled process if they ignore them anyway

I don't think our government ignores our annual quotas for legal immigration. It is the enforcement against illegal aliens that is ignored.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2014, 03:26 AM
 
Location: Swiftwater, PA
13,292 posts, read 10,667,780 times
Reputation: 9510
The biggest problem I have with illegal immigration is that we do not have a choice who comes into our Country. Our leadership is doing that. If it was up to me and it isn't; I would give our Country to another country that shared similar values - maybe Great Britain (at least they speak my language). Maybe even Canada where some speak my language. I would not chose a country where we do not share their language or values.

Mexico is a great county to visit - if they could ever get control of the drug lords. But many illegals from Mexico and other Sothern neighbors do not want to be assimilated into our culture. They will not even take the first steps to gain citizenship - they want us to bend our laws to accommodate them. We had to be crazy to ever start a system of support for those that break our laws. 34 million new green cards will not help - just hand them the key to your home and leave for Canada. I have a feeling that Canada would not take 300,000,000 of us fleeing from our own Country!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-02-2014, 06:40 AM
 
31,942 posts, read 14,712,394 times
Reputation: 8518
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
The biggest problem I have with illegal immigration is that we do not have a choice who comes into our Country. Our leadership is doing that. If it was up to me and it isn't; I would give our Country to another country that shared similar values - maybe Great Britain (at least they speak my language). Maybe even Canada where some speak my language. I would not chose a country where we do not share their language or values.

Mexico is a great county to visit - if they could ever get control of the drug lords. But many illegals from Mexico and other Sothern neighbors do not want to be assimilated into our culture. They will not even take the first steps to gain citizenship - they want us to bend our laws to accommodate them. We had to be crazy to ever start a system of support for those that break our laws. 34 million new green cards will not help - just hand them the key to your home and leave for Canada. I have a feeling that Canada would not take 300,000,000 of us fleeing from our own Country!
I have no problem with fair quotas which includes Mexicans. The problem is that there isn't much diversity in those quotas anymore. Large numbers of family reunifications and illegal immigration from same group is a recipe for colonization not assimilation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top