U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 04:17 PM

31 posts, read 57,360 times

Advertisements

Read "While Europe Slept" by Roger L. Simon. It'll give you a good idea on what has been happening over there and also scare the crap out of you and make you grateful for US immigration laws
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 04:35 PM

67 posts, read 37,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alely View Post
Read "While Europe Slept" by Roger L. Simon. It'll give you a good idea on what has been happening over there and also scare the crap out of you and make you grateful for US immigration laws
Someone just turned me on to that book ... Doily ... I think it's by Bruce Bawer though.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:56 AM

131 posts, read 519,192 times
Zanman, You are correct...... "While Europe Slept" is by Bruce Bawer, I've read it. Another good book to read is "America Alone" by Mark Steyn.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:02 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,974,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanman View Post
My examples are true and not exaggerated. In fact I could add some more anecdotal stuff that is almost unbelievable as to how PC has taken over England, and I will, but let's explore the madness about these idiotic Muslim immigrant scum that are destroying England, and Europe for that matter ...

We are talking about Islamic madmen who are so offended that a teacher would allow her kids to name a teddy-bear Mohammed that they wanted to behead the teacher. In the end the British government had to intervene to secure her freedom. Yes it happened in Sudan, but there were plenty of Islamics in England who were so deeply outraged they also wanted her killed - I was in England last month when this happened and I watched some of these guys being interviewed on SkyNews.
http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/africa/11/27/sudan.bear.ap/index.html (broken link)

Doctors in Scotland are no longer allowed to eat at their desks for fear of offending Muslims. (I know, I know, utter insanity rules ...)
http://www.parapundit.com/archives/004491.html

The lunatic Muslims who are outraged that Inter-Milan's soccer outfits because their uniforms are an "offense against Islam", yeah that makes sense.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3035438.ece

And let's not forget that Muslims all over the planet were rioting and killing because of a few silly cartoons published in a Danish newspaper.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4670370.stm

According to Policy Exchange 40% of Islamics in Britain want the establishment of Sharia law. Doesn't that worry you?
http://islamineurope.blogspot.com/20...lim-youth.html

When they don't like something Muslims immediately start rioting, killing, destroying property.

There is a reason for this, and it's not just because Muslims generally are dumb. It's because Islam is a shoddy worthless POS religion that destroys all civilization in it's path toward world domination, and the Islamic unwashed immigrants in England are paving the way to destroying England and it's culture.
The UK media is so full of it that I have a hard time believing pretty much anything printed or on TV there.

I said that there is a lot of PC BS going on there. That doesn't mean that every horrible anecdote in the media is true. Some are, some aren't. It can be hard to cut through the BS sometimes. Basically if something sounds utterly and completely ridiculous, the odds are decent that it's not true.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:04 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,968,014 times
How come I've been offended for years by all sorts of things, but never said anything? BECAUSE I DON'T CARE - I just ignore it. Turn the other way, forget about it.

For goodness sakes, people have such thin skin. I couldn't care less what someone says to me, or about me, or about any group, or anything because if I don't like it, I'll just IGNORE it. People should mind their own business, and don't worry about what people are saying. It's ridiculous to have to limit free speech because someone is "offended", oh, God, forbid. "Oooohh....oh, I'm so offended.......you mustn't do that" - what a bunch of pansies to even give a hoot.

Old 01-02-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
How come I've been offended for years by all sorts of things, but never said anything? BECAUSE I DON'T CARE - I just ignore it. Turn the other way, forget about it.

For goodness sakes, people have such thin skin. I couldn't care less what someone says to me, or about me, or about any group, or anything because if I don't like it, I'll just IGNORE it. People should mind their own business, and don't worry about what people are saying. It's ridiculous to have to limit free speech because someone is "offended", oh, God, forbid. "Oooohh....oh, I'm so offended.......you mustn't do that" - what a bunch of pansies to even give a hoot.
It is unfortunate that there are not more people with your attitude.

I have often wondered why people get so tangled up with their own opinions that they see no alternative, have no sense of humor or irony, and will kill or die for those opinions.

Allow me to virtually buy you a virtual warm pint of grog! Cheers ...

Old 01-02-2008, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
The UK media is so full of it that I have a hard time believing pretty much anything printed or on TV there.

I said that there is a lot of PC BS going on there. That doesn't mean that every horrible anecdote in the media is true. Some are, some aren't. It can be hard to cut through the BS sometimes. Basically if something sounds utterly and completely ridiculous, the odds are decent that it's not true.
I agree that some news sources in the UK are a bit, um, wonky (the term means "suspect" in England, not studious).

However you mention The Telegraph as a not so trustworthy paper, which I have not found to be on the level of The Mirror or, of course, News of the World. If page three stares back at you with a huge pair of tatas and a nice smile, and the "hard" sudoku puzzle is bloody simple, well the newpaper might not be an international organ of truth. The Telegraph I think is a pretty decent paper, although my favorite is The Guardian as reasonably independent. I read the Mirror and the Sun for fun. They're comics only. The Times, sadly, has lost its former halo as the best newspaper in the world since Murdoch bought it.

So anyway it's always hard to know what is really going on. I generally rely on anecdotes because I trust my judgement in people. Fact is that PC is destroying British culture, which used to be, many years ago, based on simple common sense ...

Old 01-02-2008, 12:21 PM

1,861 posts, read 2,968,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanman View Post
It is unfortunate that there are not more people with your attitude.

I have often wondered why people get so tangled up with their own opinions that they see no alternative, have no sense of humor or irony, and will kill or die for those opinions.

Allow me to virtually buy you a virtual warm pint of grog! Cheers ...
Thanks, Mate, very nice of you!

Old 01-02-2008, 10:32 PM

8,240 posts, read 14,899,006 times
Darn that old Colonialism! Now we get why Imperialsm and the 'White Man's Burden' was such a bad idea. The chickens are coming home to roost...why stay in the middle east or Africa when you can be in Europe instead??

Old 01-02-2008, 11:29 PM

1,693 posts, read 3,106,847 times
I love that Americans are Bonding with the Brits and Austrailians. We need to be strong together people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or