U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:26 PM

67 posts, read 37,422 times

Advertisements

Europeans, not just Americans, are also having serious problems with immigration from third world countries, but for different reasons.

I have been to England twice this year. I love the place for the crappy food and the eccentrics and just all that history, but there are cities in England that are just too dangerous for me to visit. You dont go to parts of Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, and East London for example, if you happen to care about your precious white skin, precious to me anyway because its the only one I have. The Islamic radicals who live there will spit on you, or worse, and of course if you fight back the police will arrest you not them.

The problem is not so much with immigrants per se, but the fact that the new immigrants refuse to assimilate into British culture. In fact radical Islamics are now demanding that British culture change in their favor and that Islamic Sharia law supplant British law! Most Brits take this with a shrug and a pint of warm beer, although I detect an undercurrent of great dissatisfaction with the way Muslims are behaving in Britain.

You may not believe what Im about to say, but it is true. Some Muslim children in English schools now refuse to take basic geometry because drawing a 90-degree right-angle is offensive to Islam because the Christian Cross is made of four right-angles, and this is apparently OK with the local school authorities!

PC madness has taken over so much in England that you now cannot take photographs in public places if there are children present. An English friend, who runs a small B&B in South London, told me that he personally knows a tourist who was nearly arrested for taking pictures of the lion-statues in Trafalgar Square because the police thought he might be photographing some kids who were running about. The British bobbies examined his camera and decided he wasnt, but for crying out loud

In Australia, where PC is rife, some department-store Santas in Queensland were told a couple of weeks ago not to say, Ho Ho Ho as it was offensive to Black culture because Black people sometimes refer to women as Hos. They were instructed to use, Hi Hi Hi instead. I suppose the Aussies responsible for that silliness can be forgiven for their ignorance, but really ...

Are we in the West all going mad?

We are not yet at this level of group insanity in America, but I fear it is coming because good people shut their mouths for fear of being called the R word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2007, 11:58 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,003,968 times
I've been to the UK. I lived in Oxfordshire for a couple of years. I really liked it but it was a long time ago.

I did see on the news however, that in about 30 some years, more people will be born in England without British blood in their veins than do have it. That's scary. Especially considering the vast numbers of nuclear weapons the British have. I can see in the future a very real possibility of a Muslim British PM who takes the nation to war.

Back when I was there, the PC problem wasn't prevalent. I mean you have PC fanatics everywhere, but it wasn't as rabid as it seems now.

But we are getting pretty PC here in the states now as well. Look at the problems we are having with the Hispanic illegal aliens. Frequently cops will watch a citizen get beaten by an illegal at one of those illegal alien pep rallies, and either outright not protect the citizen, or even go so far as arrest him.

Old 12-31-2007, 01:38 AM

69 posts, read 247,504 times
Unite the Americans and Europeans into a mobilized army, then the rest of the battle will be child's play.

Old 12-31-2007, 05:59 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Knowing the Brits; they will tolerate some of that extremist crap for a while-------then, look it!

It will become open season on the Islamists.

Actually; in a way, the above are essentially 'replaced' the Irish immigrants over there at the bottom of the food chain.

Old 12-31-2007, 06:42 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,972,613 times
I lived in the UK for years and only recently moved back to the United States.

The examples in the OP's post are an extreme exaggeration, but the overall message is true: the UK is being taken over by PC madness. However, some of the most extreme stories you hear about over there turn out not to be true. They're rumors started by tabloid papers like The Sun or the Daily Mirror, who print tiny retractions a few days later after the damage has been done.

For example, one paper printed a story that schools in York were forbidden from serving hot cross buns because the cross shape on them was offensive to some students. Amazingly enough, my ex and I knew someone who worked at a primary school in York and he said the story was pure unadulterated BS, and that everybody at the school was shocked and monumentally annoyed to be the subject of an untrue story in the tabloid press.

However, the damage has been done. Google "Hot cross buns, York" and see how many blogs and whatnot list the hot cross buns debacle in York as an example of political correctness gone mad. Then read this from the City of York Council:

http://www.york.gov.uk/news/newsarchive/2003/april/158330 (broken link)

So....while there are plenty of true examples of PC gone mad in the UK, you need to be very careful what you believe. Papers in the UK all have a political agenda; there is no such thing as impartiality in journalism over there. Look out for stories like this from the conservative press, particularly the Sun, the Mirror, the Express, and the Telegraph. These papers will admit it when they've been called out, but nobody pays any attention to it and the papers know that.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:11 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
hell; look at some of our official symbols here in the USA that may offend some people.

The 'Star of David' shaped logo on the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's patrol cars.
The red star on the State of California's flag
The Crescent Moon logo on the City of New Orleans official vehicles-----again, including police vehicles.

One catches my drift

Old 12-31-2007, 07:42 AM

2,257 posts, read 3,453,686 times
Whether the extreme examples are true or not I dont know. When I see legitimate news sources report throngs of muslims going on 2 week riots in Paris or a mosque full of men wathcing the world trade center bobmings and laughing in London, or politicains in the Netherlands preplexed with the problem of Muslim sleeper cells I have to pay attention.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:56 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,972,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Whether the extreme examples are true or not I dont know. When I see legitimate news sources report throngs of muslims going on 2 week riots in Paris or a mosque full of men wathcing the world trade center bobmings and laughing in London, or politicains in the Netherlands preplexed with the problem of Muslim sleeper cells I have to pay attention.
Yes, there is a lot of craziness over there. I'm just saying people need to pay attention to sources. If something sounds utterly and completely ridiculous, there's a good chance it isn't true. It sometimes is, but it usually isn't. Take it from me...I used to live there, I know what it's like. The British media can be astonishingly unreliable.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:03 AM

2,257 posts, read 3,453,686 times
Yeah, you gotta wonder about the British media. I guess you dont have to look very far to see what motivates them and it isnt objective fact based journalism its the $ (or pound). Not that American journalists are any better. You have to be like the guy in spianl tap who said he believes everything he reads because it makes him more selective

Old 12-31-2007, 02:32 PM

67 posts, read 37,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I lived in the UK for years and only recently moved back to the United States.

The examples in the OP's post are an extreme exaggeration, but the overall message is true: the UK is being taken over by PC madness. However, some of the most extreme stories you hear about over there turn out not to be true. They're rumors started by tabloid papers like The Sun or the Daily Mirror, who print tiny retractions a few days later after the damage has been done.

For example, one paper printed a story that schools in York were forbidden from serving hot cross buns because the cross shape on them was offensive to some students. Amazingly enough, my ex and I knew someone who worked at a primary school in York and he said the story was pure unadulterated BS, and that everybody at the school was shocked and monumentally annoyed to be the subject of an untrue story in the tabloid press.

However, the damage has been done. Google "Hot cross buns, York" and see how many blogs and whatnot list the hot cross buns debacle in York as an example of political correctness gone mad. Then read this from the City of York Council:

http://www.york.gov.uk/news/newsarchive/2003/april/158330 (broken link)

So....while there are plenty of true examples of PC gone mad in the UK, you need to be very careful what you believe. Papers in the UK all have a political agenda; there is no such thing as impartiality in journalism over there. Look out for stories like this from the conservative press, particularly the Sun, the Mirror, the Express, and the Telegraph. These papers will admit it when they've been called out, but nobody pays any attention to it and the papers know that.
My examples are true and not exaggerated. In fact I could add some more anecdotal stuff that is almost unbelievable as to how PC has taken over England, and I will, but let's explore the madness about these idiotic Muslim immigrant scum that are destroying England, and Europe for that matter ...

We are talking about Islamic madmen who are so offended that a teacher would allow her kids to name a teddy-bear Mohammed that they wanted to behead the teacher. In the end the British government had to intervene to secure her freedom. Yes it happened in Sudan, but there were plenty of Islamics in England who were so deeply outraged they also wanted her killed - I was in England last month when this happened and I watched some of these guys being interviewed on SkyNews.
http://edition.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/africa/11/27/sudan.bear.ap/index.html (broken link)

Doctors in Scotland are no longer allowed to eat at their desks for fear of offending Muslims. (I know, I know, utter insanity rules ...)
http://www.parapundit.com/archives/004491.html

The lunatic Muslims who are outraged that Inter-Milan's soccer outfits because their uniforms are an "offense against Islam", yeah that makes sense.
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle3035438.ece

And let's not forget that Muslims all over the planet were rioting and killing because of a few silly cartoons published in a Danish newspaper.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4670370.stm

According to Policy Exchange 40% of Islamics in Britain want the establishment of Sharia law. Doesn't that worry you?
http://islamineurope.blogspot.com/20...lim-youth.html

When they don't like something Muslims immediately start rioting, killing, destroying property.

There is a reason for this, and it's not just because Muslims generally are dumb. It's because Islam is a shoddy worthless POS religion that destroys all civilization in it's path toward world domination, and the Islamic unwashed immigrants in England are paving the way to destroying England and it's culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or