U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2014, 07:42 AM

31,481 posts, read 14,565,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I don't think I did. He said whites. He meant whites. He may not be coming from a bad place but he's definitely not thinking.
How I interpreted what he said by "whites are giving away this country" is that far too many of them are bleeding heart liberals based on white guilt and fear of being called a racist. Let's face it though it is mostly whites (because they are the majority in this country) who are the most vocal against illegal immigration also and they do get called racist for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2014, 10:25 AM

16,740 posts, read 9,472,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How I interpreted what he said by "whites are giving away this country" is that far too many of them are bleeding heart liberals based on white guilt and fear of being called a racist. Let's face it though it is mostly whites (because they are the majority in this country) who are the most vocal against illegal immigration also and they do get called racist for it.
But ya gotta look on the bright side; get enough of them and jobs will start coming back to the U.S. because it will be the next cheap labour third world country to export jobs to from places like Thailand, Mexico, Malaysia, Phillipines, BANGLADESH etc..

Just a matter of time.

Old 10-29-2014, 12:34 AM

8,856 posts, read 10,312,965 times
Quote:
Well, he hasn't been back so we may never know. I DO understand the argument about being afraid of being called a racist when it comes to the subject. One thing that's interesting in my state is we have always had a large Hispanic population, going back literally hundreds of years, and many of these folks are very vocal about illegal immigration. Same with my husband's extended family, who immigrated here legally from South America only back in the 1970s.

Old 10-29-2014, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Well, he hasn't been back so we may never know. I DO understand the argument about being afraid of being called a racist when it comes to the subject. One thing that's interesting in my state is we have always had a large Hispanic population, going back literally hundreds of years, and many of these folks are very vocal about illegal immigration. Same with my husband's extended family, who immigrated here legally from South America only back in the 1970s.
By being vocal can I presume you mean they oppose it? Unfortunately, that doesn't represent the sentiments of many Hispanics across the country.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:27 PM

8,856 posts, read 10,312,965 times
Quote:
By being vocal can I presume you mean they oppose it? Unfortunately, that doesn't represent the sentiments of many Hispanics across the country.
They do. They came here legally and resent the illegal surge and what has happened to the nice middle class suburbs that they (hubby's family) settled in. I think you'll find that many (most?) legal Hispanics/Latinos feel the same way. What I find difficult to deal with when discussing this issue, is that those who came here legally had the means/education to do so. When we (and I'm including myself in this) say get in line, do it legally, we're not talking to the peasants from Mexico and Central America...they cannot.

Old 10-29-2014, 11:37 PM

8,623 posts, read 5,893,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Watch them drag Texas school systems (and those around the rest of the country, for that matter) down. Lower test scores (never mind that the testing and NCLB are both on the stupid, useless side), overcrowded classrooms, higher property taxes and hampering the progress of English-speaking American citizens already in those classes.

It is truly amazing the sense of entitlement that those who come here illegally have.

More amazing is the sense of empowerment of those who empowered them.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:51 AM

1,347 posts, read 775,025 times
The only explanation for the continuation of illegal alien entry en masse since 1965 is that corporate america is wholly behind it, no other force in this country could be so powerful as to be able to control congress and the president to such a degree that they are willing to completely ignore the wishes of the general public, and take an action that will lead to the destruction of the nation.

There are at least 30-40 million illegals in the US, making up at least 10% of the population, and with a growth rate between 3-5% per year at least, the country will be overrun with them within 20 years, turning the US into a country resembling a central american banana republic, practically broke under the weight of providing support and services for a parasitical population flowing in for handouts for the better part of the last 50 years.

I believe it was initiated as a corporate strategy to counter the middle class wage gains of the 1950s and its union power; the democrats saw it as an opportunity to buttress their voting block much as Mayor Lindsey of NYC saw the acceptance and formation of public employee unions as a means of purchasing a large bloc of votes for him and future democrats, all at a cost of diluting and eventually destroying the fabric of this nation. I personally believe that if the Founding Fathers could be reincarnated, they would execute a long list of democrats for treason, starting with LBJ if he was still alive.

If I was a real conspiracy theorist, I would question if this was also a russian/chinese plot by our enemies to undermine and destroy this country by driving large amounts of poor, uneducated parasites from central and south america into the US through propaganda about the "golden sidewalks" and easy handouts offered here.

IMO, regardless of obama's failed record on other issues, the promotion and acceptance of the mass invasion of alleged "minors" that has occurred on his watch is an impeachable offense.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:59 AM

10,833 posts, read 11,566,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
This leftie thinks the illegals need to be sent home without hesitation or regards to their country of origin.
It seems most who live in States along the US/Mexico border have the same feelings regardless of their political views.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:08 AM

Quote:
They do. They came here legally and resent the illegal surge and what has happened to the nice middle class suburbs that they (hubby's family) settled in. I think you'll find that many (most?) legal Hispanics/Latinos feel the same way. What I find difficult to deal with when discussing this issue, is that those who came here legally had the means/education to do so. When we (and I'm including myself in this) say get in line, do it legally, we're not talking to the peasants from Mexico and Central America...they cannot.
I think the polls and advocacy groups would prove you wrong. Of course we cannot allow in all the peasants from south of our border and for the obvious reasons but that doesn't give them the right to come here illegally anyway.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:17 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Uh; we DON'T need more "peasants" from ANY country unless they have skills the US really does need. We have many of our own kind who are unskilled but WANT to work. Def NO reason for their wages to be forced down even lower. As it is, many of us are now on food stamps. Things are THAT bad in 2014.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or