U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-30-2014, 02:46 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
The only explanation for the continuation of illegal alien entry en masse since 1965 is that corporate america is wholly behind it, no other force in this country could be so powerful as to be able to control congress and the president to such a degree that they are willing to completely ignore the wishes of the general public, and take an action that will lead to the destruction of the nation.

There are at least 30-40 million illegals in the US, making up at least 10% of the population, and with a growth rate between 3-5% per year at least, the country will be overrun with them within 20 years, turning the US into a country resembling a central american banana republic, practically broke under the weight of providing support and services for a parasitical population flowing in for handouts for the better part of the last 50 years.

I believe it was initiated as a corporate strategy to counter the middle class wage gains of the 1950s and its union power; the democrats saw it as an opportunity to buttress their voting block much as Mayor Lindsey of NYC saw the acceptance and formation of public employee unions as a means of purchasing a large bloc of votes for him and future democrats, all at a cost of diluting and eventually destroying the fabric of this nation. I personally believe that if the Founding Fathers could be reincarnated, they would execute a long list of democrats for treason, starting with LBJ if he was still alive.

If I was a real conspiracy theorist, I would question if this was also a russian/chinese plot by our enemies to undermine and destroy this country by driving large amounts of poor, uneducated parasites from central and south america into the US through propaganda about the "golden sidewalks" and easy handouts offered here.

IMO, regardless of obama's failed record on other issues, the promotion and acceptance of the mass invasion of alleged "minors" that has occurred on his watch is an impeachable offense.
Which corporations target illegals for employment? Who is hiring them in mass? Most Fortune 500 Corporations do background checks and already require proof of status. I know for a fact Procter & Gamble has been using a form of E-Verify for the last 6 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-30-2014, 06:03 PM
 
1,347 posts, read 774,847 times
Reputation: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Which corporations target illegals for employment? Who is hiring them in mass? Most Fortune 500 Corporations do background checks and already require proof of status. I know for a fact Procter & Gamble has been using a form of E-Verify for the last 6 years.
I have you on ignore, so I'll respond to this post with shall we say, a large grain of salt. For starters, almost every restaurant in every major city (cooks, busboys, delivery men on bicycles), nanny service companies, IT firms, farms, meat-packing facilities, gardeners/landscapers, construction firms, hotels (maids, cleaning service, etc), and as for Fortune 500 companies, they create smaller service firms through which they "hire" to provide cleaning services, security men, etc., and those contractor firms do not do thorough background checks - so the F500 firms can claim plausible deniability.

The 40 million illegals are all over, so you are either willfully ignorant or living under a rock.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2014, 06:17 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadisonR View Post
I have you on ignore, so I'll respond to this post with shall we say, a large grain of salt. For starters, almost every restaurant in every major city (cooks, busboys, delivery men on bicycles), nanny service companies, IT firms, farms, meat-packing facilities, gardeners/landscapers, construction firms, hotels (maids, cleaning service, etc), and as for Fortune 500 companies, they create smaller service firms through which they "hire" to provide cleaning services, security men, etc., and those contractor firms do not do thorough background checks - so the F500 firms can claim plausible deniability.

The 40 million illegals are all over, so you are either willfully ignorant or living under a rock.
So you can't name any major corporations who actively recruit illegals.. Maybe you should look at the people who are trying to pass laws to legalize illegals. Maybe you should look at the sanctuary states who allow illegals to thrive. You know Obama and his friends.
Maybe you should focus on a justice department that focuses on states trying to enforce our immigration laws, rather than on illegals and states who aid and abet illegals.
The fortune 500 corporations like P&G tend to require their contractors to also do background checks and prove legal status. P&G actually fired not 1 but 3 Temp services for failing to do so. But hey blame corporate America for it all when it is really our elected reps who facilitate and refuse to pass laws requiring mandatory E-Verify and harsh penalties for violators. It isn't the job of business to police the nation.
Glad I am on your ignore. Sometimes it better to be known for your enemies rather than your friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2014, 07:35 PM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8349
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So you can't name any major corporations who actively recruit illegals.. Maybe you should look at the people who are trying to pass laws to legalize illegals. Maybe you should look at the sanctuary states who allow illegals to thrive. You know Obama and his friends.
Maybe you should focus on a justice department that focuses on states trying to enforce our immigration laws, rather than on illegals and states who aid and abet illegals.
The fortune 500 corporations like P&G tend to require their contractors to also do background checks and prove legal status. P&G actually fired not 1 but 3 Temp services for failing to do so. But hey blame corporate America for it all when it is really our elected reps who facilitate and refuse to pass laws requiring mandatory E-Verify and harsh penalties for violators. It isn't the job of business to police the nation.
Glad I am on your ignore. Sometimes it better to be known for your enemies rather than your friends.
I tend to agree with you, tinman. I think it is more like smaller businesses and mom and pop places that hire illegal aliens. Large corporations are so rich they don't need illegal aliens and they would be too worried about being caught and have to pay steep fines. Not saying there aren't some but I think they are among the minority who hire illegal aliens or actively recruit them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-30-2014, 08:53 PM
 
17,022 posts, read 9,064,676 times
Reputation: 5685
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver_Spur View Post
This family materialize with no clothes?

Being told to go to a Church by the help at the school instead of directing the family to social services really tells you the mind-set of the school and it's staff.

You gossiping about it shows the type of gals at that school. My woman works for an elementary school. She tells me everyday of the cattiness of the staff. Male and female.



"My woman"?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2014, 01:09 AM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
8,855 posts, read 10,310,313 times
Reputation: 9267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; we DON'T need more "peasants" from ANY country unless they have skills the US really does need. We have many of our own kind who are unskilled but WANT to work. Def NO reason for their wages to be forced down even lower. As it is, many of us are now on food stamps. Things are THAT bad in 2014.
I'm not saying we should allow it, just saying that those who say "let them do it legally" are also being foolish. They can't. We know it. Just be truthful and say you cannot come here period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2014, 07:55 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,278,864 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I'm not saying we should allow it, just saying that those who say "let them do it legally" are also being foolish. They can't. We know it. Just be truthful and say you cannot come here period.
We don't owe anybody the "right" to move to the US. It's well known that Mexico comes down HARD on illegal Guatemalans in its country real hard. Too; Spain now has the rep of playing hard ball with ITS illegal aliens in 2014.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2014, 08:57 AM
 
31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8349
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
I'm not saying we should allow it, just saying that those who say "let them do it legally" are also being foolish. They can't. We know it. Just be truthful and say you cannot come here period.
Our government is telling them that by not allowing them to be a part of our annual quotas but they just plain give a damn. They come anyways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-31-2014, 11:19 PM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
8,855 posts, read 10,310,313 times
Reputation: 9267
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
We don't owe anybody the "right" to move to the US. It's well known that Mexico comes down HARD on illegal Guatemalans in its country real hard. Too; Spain now has the rep of playing hard ball with ITS illegal aliens in 2014.
I know. I was commenting on how many posts I see here, on my FB page...they don't have a right. Just say it plain and clear and leave the whole "well, go through the process" out. It makes us look ignorant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-01-2014, 01:45 AM
 
Location: Alaska
6,306 posts, read 4,174,440 times
Reputation: 3719
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed on all you said.

Tho more and more "liberals" are coming out AGAINST any sort of amnesty in 2014.
Well, either Obumler doesn't care what his liberal base thinks or they are two late because as soon as the election is over he's going to give them amnesty and drive the final stake into the heart of the Democratic party. I am betting by the time he leaves office the Democrats will not hold the white house or a majority in the house or senate for a generation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top