Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 03:08 PM

62,867 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I hppen to live 40 miles from Hazelton. The only ones who called it anti-hispanic were the illegals and their supporters. Not surprising. You know the same kind who get up in arms when you state the fact that hispanics account for the vast majority of illegals.
Hazelton passed their laws and illegals fled.
Why does a community have to wait under a problem becomes a crisis before reacting to it?
Treated like anyone else? How about treated like we would a legal immigrant? As a legal immigrant. work without a green card and you face deportation. AS a legal immigrant. Document fraud, claiming to be a citizen, tax fraud, tax evasion and even a DUI and you can be deported. Why should illegals who forced themselves upon us be held to a lower standard?
They shouldn't be and nor should they ever be rewarded.
Tuesday spoke volumes. The majority disagrees with the democrats approach.
Exactly, and if any legal Hispanics left Arizona, Hazelton or any other city/state because there was supposedly a hostile environment it made no sense. There was no hostile environment for them. It was about those here illegally. Also, in SB1070 racial profiling was prohibited. What would a legal Hispanics have to fear anyway? They would have legal papers to be here. Asking for ID under lawful contact is "harassment"? Really? It is only their supporters that made all kinds of claims about Arpaio and it was because they didn't want their ethnic group here illegally to be caught. We weren't born yesterday.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 03:19 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Id like to know where in our immigration laws does it state that the only way to get deported is to have committed a serious crime. For one thing ID theft is a serious crime. The law states all you have to do to be deported is to be caught here illegally. End of story.
An immigrant can also be deported for misrepresenting their status. For example an immigrant here on on a temporary permanent resident green card isn't allowed to claim they are in fact a permanent resident or get a job until they adjust their status. If caught working under the table they can be deported.

If a legal immigrant is caught driving without a license. They can be deported.
A DUI often results in deportation. In fact any criminal offense can lead to deportation.
ID fraud? Tax Fraud? can absolutely result in deportation.
Only those who support illegals believe that illegals should not be held accountable.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

go to question #40
Now how many of those crimes have illegals committed?

Legal Reasons a U.S. Immigrant May Be Deported - AllLaw.com
This link shows that most illegals if they had entered legally would face deportation.

Deportation
Illegal Voting
A person who votes in violation of any federal, state, or local government law is deportable.

Criminal Grounds
An alien or lawful permanent residence (green card holder) is deportable if the person is convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude and was committed within 5 years of admission and the crime convicted may impose a sentence of one year or longer.
An alien or lawful permanent residence is deportable if after admission the person is convicted of two crimes involving moral turpitude and the two crimes arose not from one single scheme of criminal conduct.
An alien or lawful permanent residence is deportable if committing aggravated felonies at any time after admission.
Pretty much calls it out.

Old 11-08-2014, 03:45 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,793,565 times
Quote:
Exactly, and if any legal Hispanics left Arizona, Hazelton or any other city/state because there was supposedly a hostile environment it made no sense. There was no hostile environment for them. It was about those here illegally. Also, in SB1070 racial profiling was prohibited. What would a legal Hispanics have to fear anyway? They would have legal papers to be here. Asking for ID under lawful contact is "harassment"? Really? It is only their supporters that made all kinds of claims about Arpaio and it was because they didn't want their ethnic group here illegally to be caught. We weren't born yesterday.

Oh? You don't know about the Maricopa county Sheriff?

The Justice Department report found that the Sheriff's office carried out a blatant pattern of discrimination against Latinos and held a "systematic disregard" for the Constitution.[5] The Department's racial profiling expert found the sheriff's office to be the most egregious case of profiling ever seen in the U.S.[6]

Wikipedia...if you don't like their words you can run down the references.

Old 11-08-2014, 03:56 PM

Quote:
An immigrant can also be deported for misrepresenting their status. For example an immigrant here on on a temporary permanent resident green card isn't allowed to claim they are in fact a permanent resident or get a job until they adjust their status. If caught working under the table they can be deported.

If a legal immigrant is caught driving without a license. They can be deported.
A DUI often results in deportation. In fact any criminal offense can lead to deportation.
ID fraud? Tax Fraud? can absolutely result in deportation.
Only those who support illegals believe that illegals should not be held accountable.

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

go to question #40
Now how many of those crimes have illegals committed?

Legal Reasons a U.S. Immigrant May Be Deported - AllLaw.com
This link shows that most illegals if they had entered legally would face deportation.

Deportation
Illegal Voting
A person who votes in violation of any federal, state, or local government law is deportable.

Criminal Grounds
An alien or lawful permanent residence (green card holder) is deportable if the person is convicted of a crime involving moral turpitude and was committed within 5 years of admission and the crime convicted may impose a sentence of one year or longer.
An alien or lawful permanent residence is deportable if after admission the person is convicted of two crimes involving moral turpitude and the two crimes arose not from one single scheme of criminal conduct.
An alien or lawful permanent residence is deportable if committing aggravated felonies at any time after admission.
Pretty much calls it out.
An illegal alien is still an alien and can be deported just like any other alien for criminal activity.

The Feds have simply prioritized who they will deport. Simple illegal presence is not high enough on the list to get you deported. Get convicted of a felony though...out you go.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:05 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Simple illegal presence is not high enough on the list to get you deported. Get convicted of a felony though...out you go.
Boy wouldn't that be nice but I do believe criminal activity is way down the list with the current administration.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:19 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
An illegal alien is still an alien and can be deported just like any other alien for criminal activity.

The Feds have simply prioritized who they will deport. Simple illegal presence is not high enough on the list to get you deported. Get convicted of a felony though...out you go.
Hmmmmmmm
U.S. Frees 36,007 Illegal Aliens With Serious Criminal Convictions - Judicial Watch

or
Feds released hundreds of immigrant murderers, drunken drivers, sex-crimes convicts - Washington Times

Only that isn't happening.
The difference of course is a legal immigrant was invited to enter our country, given permission to enter. After paying applications fees and waiting their turn.

An illegal simply forced themselves upon us. There is a huge difference.
A fair analogy would be. You knock on my door and I invite you into my home.
Illegals? A burglar watches until they think i'm not home and break in and just take.
or
Maybe like a squatter. They see I went on vacation and then just move into my house, then demand they be allowed to keep my house.
Woman: Forced to live alongside squatter in my Detroit house - Fox 2 News Headlines
illegals have this same mentality. Well I already live here so I should get to stay. I broke I host of laws, but I shouldn't be held accountable.
How do those excuses work out for legal citizens?

Old 11-08-2014, 04:42 PM

62,867 posts, read 29,103,656 times
There is nothing in our immigration laws/policies that allows for prioritizing deportations. Our laws state that they all must all be deported simply based on the fact that they are here illegally in our country.

Old 11-08-2014, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Hmmmmmmm
U.S. Frees 36,007 Illegal Aliens With Serious Criminal Convictions - Judicial Watch

or
Feds released hundreds of immigrant murderers, drunken drivers, sex-crimes convicts - Washington Times

Only that isn't happening.
The difference of course is a legal immigrant was invited to enter our country, given permission to enter. After paying applications fees and waiting their turn.

An illegal simply forced themselves upon us. There is a huge difference.
A fair analogy would be. You knock on my door and I invite you into my home.
Illegals? A burglar watches until they think i'm not home and break in and just take.
or
Maybe like a squatter. They see I went on vacation and then just move into my house, then demand they be allowed to keep my house.
Woman: Forced to live alongside squatter in my Detroit house - Fox 2 News Headlines
illegals have this same mentality. Well I already live here so I should get to stay. I broke I host of laws, but I shouldn't be held accountable.
How do those excuses work out for legal citizens?
Half truths at best. The Feds have to relese some of these criminals by a Supreme Court and other Court rulings. Purportedly 72% of the Homicides were required to be released.

Some are discretionary and are driven by resource constrains. The Feds claim sufficient resources to hold the major perpetrators but the minor ones are sometimes released based on resources.

Virtually all these criminals will be deported or at least ordered so in the end.

One might also note that Obama has deported around 400,000 criminals to date.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:03 PM

Quote:
There is nothing in our immigration laws/policies that allows for prioritizing deportations. Our laws state that they all must all be deported simply based on the fact that they are here illegally in our country.
Standard right of any executive branch. If they do not have the resource to do everything they get to prioritize. They have funding and staff to deport 400,000 or so each year. The Executive Branch gets to determine which ones.

The legislature can provide a directive to deport everyone along with the funding to do it. Without the funding the directive is inoperative.

Old 11-08-2014, 05:18 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:

One might also note that Obama has deported around 400,000 criminals to date.
I don't believe it. You got something that justifies this amount ?

His stop at the border = deportation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration