U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:55 PM

8,240 posts, read 14,896,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
it is Yoga

Asato mā sad gamaya / Tamaso mā jyotir gamaya / Mṛtyor mā amṛtam gamaya

Lead me from non-truth to truth/ Lead me from darkness to light/ Lead me from mortality to immortality.

Meditation

Yoga. Derived from the Sanskrit word for “yoke” or “join together.” Essentially, it means union. It is the science of uniting the individual soul with the cosmic spirit through physical disciplines (postures) and mental disciplines (meditation). Patanjali offers the best definition: “Yoga is the cessation of mind.”

The universal teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda offer a science of spiritual exploration — one that enables us to create for ourselves spiritually harmonious lives, and to contribute to a more compassionate and peaceful world.

Consider the spiritual confusion that characterizes our modern era....It is interesting, because even today, in spite of all the scientific and technological advancements, people in general still do not know what life is really all about. And what is amazing is that they don't even ask. Most people are so caught up in the external procedures and processes of life that it doesn't occur to them to entertain such questions as "Why am I here?" And most of those who do inquire arrive at a wrong answer....

That is why the world is in such a mess today: People do not know what the purpose of life is. As a result, their ambitions and behavior are guided by values that are out of harmony with truth, and are therefore destructive to personal and planetary well-being. The world will not change unless this situation is turned around.

Essentially, what we are seeking is God, whether or not we use that name....What we crave at the deepest level of our being cannot be found in anything the world can give us.

Our true essence is the soul: made in the image of God – immortal, indestructible, ever-blissful Infinite Consciousness. As Paramahansa Yogananda often said, if you have a lump of gold and you cover it with mud are you going to claim it's no longer gold? Of course not; it is still gold...."We are like gold in the mud," [he said]: "when the mud of ignorance is cleansed away, the shining gold of the soul, made in God's image, is seen within."

That is the purpose of religion – indeed, the purpose of life – to wash off the mud of ignorance, so we can know who we really are. And it is the answer to the problems we face in the world. Can you imagine what this world would be like if it were filled with people who had found within themselves the great love and joy and peace and wisdom of God?
OMG....I love this guy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 09:06 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Might be true, and as we can see, the white Americans can no longer keep their land, so it goes to those who invade, occupy and stay, looks like the Mexicans, according to your logic, will inherit America.
ROFLMAO!

You are sadly misinformed there..............

Besides: if I were Mexico; I would be extremely concerned once about 7-12 million people plus their Anchor Babies are repatriated.

The above people have tasted respect and freedom here and they will probably demand reform from the elite.

If the elite living SOB fails to deliver; can someone say a revolution?

Old 01-03-2008, 10:09 AM

17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
Quote:
Might be true, and as we can see, the white Americans can no longer keep their land, so it goes to those who invade, occupy and stay, looks like the Mexicans, according to your logic, will inherit America.
MAYYYBE.

So step out of the way and let Americans defend what is theirs.

Old 01-03-2008, 12:02 PM

9,742 posts, read 9,059,856 times
Quote:
White Americans? White? You do realize that the US is an extremely diverse nation? All Americans are affected, not just the whites.

Why is it that those who scream "racist" the loudist seem to be the only ones who actually are racists?

Old 01-03-2008, 12:10 PM

15,371 posts, read 33,759,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
it is Yoga
I though Yoga was a baseball player.....wait...that was YOGI.....no....he lives in Jellystone Park....oh well....

Old 01-06-2008, 12:13 PM

7,139 posts, read 12,892,377 times
Am just wondering if pushing one's "religion" (rubbish) and prosyletizing are against TOS Rules?? Anyone? Mods??

Old 01-06-2008, 02:29 PM

902 posts, read 505,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
White Americans? White? You do realize that the US is an extremely diverse nation? All Americans are affected, not just the whites.

Why is it that those who scream "racist" the loudist seem to be the only ones who actually are racists?
Because truth is stranger than fiction.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:24 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
I am neither fearful or ignorant dear friend. In fact, I would match my education with your any day and on top of that I have lived in 36 different states and 4 different countries and have been around the world 2 different times. I am not ignorant by any stretch of anyone's immagination, except of course those that think of thermselves as smart when in fact, they lack what they are trying to prove they have. One can tell that by the fact that some have to post so many pics to make up for the fact that one is not able to debate something of substance. Thank you for showing us all that fact.
Sorry for the late response but I took a looooong and needed vacation, after a hard year of work

what I mean about ignorance is that, you compare higher states of conciousness to altered states of consciousness, which aren't the same thing.

Those higher states of conciousness come only after hard work and discipline of exploring your inner self on meditation and developing the qualities to see through illusion.

Yes, that illusion that divides, people, creating countries, making us prisioners of the state, slaves of patriotism, poisoning our minds with fear of the unkown and evil thoughts, making us puppets of the governments, which in most cases are controlled by evil selfish people.

Love is the light that will dissolve all barriers among families, people and nations.

let the borders be destroyed, erased, reduced to ashes, and with them fear, ignorance, divisions and evil!

ॐ शिव महदेव
Om Shiva Mahadeva

Shiva is the destroyer of the world, following Brahma the creator and Vishnu the preserver, after which Brahma again creates the world and so on. Shiva is responsible for change both in the form of death and destruction and in the positive sense of the shedding of old habits. In Satyam, Shivam, Sundaram or Truth, Goodness and Beauty, Shiva also represents the most essential goodness.
Shiva is the god of the yogis, self-controlled and celibate.

ॐ शिव महदेव

ॐ शिव महदेव

ॐ शिव महदेव

Last edited by Travelling fella; 01-18-2008 at 07:37 PM..

Old 01-18-2008, 07:53 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanman View Post
Hey, dear friend, where the hell are my pictures of Lauren Nelson?

You talk a load of rubbish by the way, but then I am just an unworthy one not even fit to lick the soles of your boots, or are they sandals?

Hocus Pocus, while you're in your trance contacting your inner element say "Hi" for me buddy, and don't forget I always say "Hi" to a neighbor with a friendly finger ... by the way could you cover that bean-head with a rug of some kind - the reflection just trashes the Sun and buggers up my monitor horribly. Just a humble suggestion from a wretched sinner such as myself.
Hey Zanman, why should you be unworthy? unworthy of what? aren't all of us brothers? is there a difference between us to God? hell no!! for him christ and hitler are both his sons.

So, let me send you a huuuuuuge Hi, with all my heart, soul and strenght.

we are all sinners, but we all have a soul inside as well, and with her light we can destroy all the evil inside us.

Unfortunately I don't have pictures of lauren nelson, I don't even know her hehehe

But I have very cool pictures that maybe you would like to see

btw does someone want to continue listening the story of an immigrant or not?

Last edited by Travelling fella; 01-18-2008 at 08:19 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration