Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 11:38 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,098,836 times

Advertisements

Travelin Fella....dude....I have always enjoyed your posts but this one....WOw......wish I had some of what you're smokin....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 11:42 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Travelin Fella....dude....I have always enjoyed your posts but this one....WOw......wish I had some of what you're smokin....
it is Yoga

Asato mā sad gamaya / Tamaso mā jyotir gamaya / Mṛtyor mā amṛtam gamaya

Lead me from non-truth to truth/ Lead me from darkness to light/ Lead me from mortality to immortality.

Meditation

Yoga. Derived from the Sanskrit word for “yoke” or “join together.” Essentially, it means union. It is the science of uniting the individual soul with the cosmic spirit through physical disciplines (postures) and mental disciplines (meditation). Patanjali offers the best definition: “Yoga is the cessation of mind.”

The universal teachings of Paramahansa Yogananda offer a science of spiritual exploration — one that enables us to create for ourselves spiritually harmonious lives, and to contribute to a more compassionate and peaceful world.

Consider the spiritual confusion that characterizes our modern era....It is interesting, because even today, in spite of all the scientific and technological advancements, people in general still do not know what life is really all about. And what is amazing is that they don't even ask. Most people are so caught up in the external procedures and processes of life that it doesn't occur to them to entertain such questions as "Why am I here?" And most of those who do inquire arrive at a wrong answer....

That is why the world is in such a mess today: People do not know what the purpose of life is. As a result, their ambitions and behavior are guided by values that are out of harmony with truth, and are therefore destructive to personal and planetary well-being. The world will not change unless this situation is turned around.

Essentially, what we are seeking is God, whether or not we use that name....What we crave at the deepest level of our being cannot be found in anything the world can give us.

Our true essence is the soul: made in the image of God – immortal, indestructible, ever-blissful Infinite Consciousness. As Paramahansa Yogananda often said, if you have a lump of gold and you cover it with mud are you going to claim it's no longer gold? Of course not; it is still gold...."We are like gold in the mud," [he said]: "when the mud of ignorance is cleansed away, the shining gold of the soul, made in God's image, is seen within."

That is the purpose of religion – indeed, the purpose of life – to wash off the mud of ignorance, so we can know who we really are. And it is the answer to the problems we face in the world. Can you imagine what this world would be like if it were filled with people who had found within themselves the great love and joy and peace and wisdom of God?

Last edited by Cornerguy1; 01-02-2008 at 07:46 PM.. Reason: do not post copyrighted images

Old 01-01-2008, 12:31 PM

902 posts, read 717,591 times
It is not Yoga at all. It is being crazy or doing too many drugs, the illegal kind.

BTW Traveling Fella, why in the hell do you feel it is necessary to continue to post so many pictures? We know you know how but it is way overboard these days, especially when it has nothing at all to do with the thread.

Old 01-01-2008, 01:20 PM

67 posts, read 50,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
It is not Yoga at all. It is being crazy or doing too many drugs, the illegal kind.

BTW Traveling Fella, why in the hell do you feel it is necessary to continue to post so many pictures? We know you know how but it is way overboard these days, especially when it has nothing at all to do with the thread.
I agree. Although ... instead of some bald guy you got any pictures of Lauren Nelson (Miss America 2007) that I could meditate on?

Old 01-01-2008, 10:30 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,007 times
Quote:

Quote:

Well, honestly it got kind of oftopic, but it was necesary in order to make a point my dear friend, we'll get back to topic now ok? but let's clarify some things first.

I'm afraid that I still feel a lot of fear and ignorance coming from you, and your judgement is clouded because of this but don't worry, you are always in my heart and I pray that you can see things under a clear vision.

Quote:
Luke 11:34 The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.
Things from this world are madness, but people only discovers their insanity when they meet another group of people who doesn't share it, but have another kind of insanity in common.

Now to continue the story.

Like I said before, it was in this party where I first saw her, the woman I knew that was the love of my ilfe!!! I knew it from the very first moment I saw her and I couldn't stop thinking in her since.

I still had one more party to play in this country, a 3 day festival, and there she was again!!! this time I was able to know her because in the past party I just looked at her, and since the very first moment we spoke, I just felt at home, unfortunately my time ran out and we just spoke for some minutes and then I had to return to Mexico, but because of her, Brazil was already in my heart, and I couldn't stop thinking about her and feeling, just feeling and very strong.

Tvayi snihyaami: Mama tvayi aasaktirasti
(I have love/longing in you)

To be continued

Last edited by Travelling fella; 01-01-2008 at 10:41 PM..

Old 01-02-2008, 11:06 AM

902 posts, read 717,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I'm afraid that I still feel a lot of fear and ignorance coming from you, and your judgement is clouded because of this but don't worry, you are always in my heart and I pray that you can see things under a clear vision.

I am neither fearful or ignorant dear friend. In fact, I would match my education with your any day and on top of that I have lived in 36 different states and 4 different countries and have been around the world 2 different times. I am not ignorant by any stretch of anyone's immagination, except of course those that think of thermselves as smart when in fact, they lack what they are trying to prove they have. One can tell that by the fact that some have to post so many pics to make up for the fact that one is not able to debate something of substance. Thank you for showing us all that fact.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:11 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,676,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doily View Post
I don't understand what people don't get? how does inhabiting a land for oh say...thousands of years not make it not yours? Sure they didn't claim land they had a different culture, but that doesn't make it right to say.."oh it was ok that we came in and took this land because they never claimed it".

Whether it's right or not doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things. So native Americans had North America before we did. If they couldn't hold it and protect it they didn't deserve to keep it. The only thing that really matters is whether or not you can take the land by force and keep it.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:36 PM

67 posts, read 50,267 times
Hey, dear friend, where the hell are my pictures of Lauren Nelson?

You talk a load of rubbish by the way, but then I am just an unworthy one not even fit to lick the soles of your boots, or are they sandals?

Hocus Pocus, while you're in your trance contacting your inner element say "Hi" for me buddy, and don't forget I always say "Hi" to a neighbor with a friendly finger ... by the way could you cover that bean-head with a rug of some kind - the reflection just trashes the Sun and buggers up my monitor horribly. Just a humble suggestion from a wretched sinner such as myself.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:13 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Isn't Lauren Nelson : "Miss America" from Lawton OK.?

Old 01-02-2008, 08:26 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,439,108 times
Quote:
Whether it's right or not doesn't really mean much in the grand scheme of things. So native Americans had North America before we did. If they couldn't hold it and protect it they didn't deserve to keep it. The only thing that really matters is whether or not you can take the land by force and keep it.
Might be true, and as we can see, the white Americans can no longer keep their land, so it goes to those who invade, occupy and stay, looks like the Mexicans, according to your logic, will inherit America.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration