Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 05:52 PM

2,434 posts, read 6,662,597 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post

Today the attitude is "Thank you for doing the jobs nobody else do, now get the hell out."

Another fallacy. Illegal aliens do jobs Americans want and need. It's just they're willing to undermine prevailing wages to do it.

Pesky Americans, always wanting a fair wage for a fair days work.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:08 PM

402 posts, read 1,057,941 times
crbccrbrgv said

Quote:
You all are missing the point. This is not a Mexican issue. This is an immigrant issue.

NO crbcrbgv you are missing the point. The people we are talking about are ILLEGAL ALIENS. Until they go through all the legal steps to be here, They should not be recognized as IMMIGRANTS. MO

Old 01-04-2008, 08:09 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,478,218 times
Quote:
That's because 90 years ago the attitude was "Give me your tired, your poor." There was no such thing as illegal immigration. Today the attitude is "Thank you for doing the jobs nobody else do, now get the hell out."
Plus that "give me your tired, your poor" was for the purpose of getting Europeans filling up American Indian land.

Also the Statue of Liberty was from France -- a gift from France that represents more their attitude about our immigration than our own attitude about it.

Anyhow -- all that was in the past.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:15 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,511,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I call BS on that one: the main reason that unethical employers loooove illegals is they have essentially no rights whereas US citizens/green card holders can fight back if abused by the above.
You changed the subject.

Old 01-05-2008, 07:28 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,019,034 times
Quote:
You changed the subject.
Who cares?

lllegal is illegal and us Americans of all races/ethnicities have had enough.

The above can leave on their volition or can be forcibly thrown out-----and, have their possessions confiscated under RICO laws. The illegal immigrants' choice.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:40 AM

3,090 posts, read 3,953,757 times
About a year or year and a half ago, I was researching the state of the Kentucky for our family to buy farm property. I ran across the following article:

My new Kentucky home: the cutting edge of illegal immigration used to be Los Angeles. Now It's Owensboro. Industry & Business Article - Research, News, Information, Contacts, Divisions, Subsidiaries, Business Associations

The last half of the article is about a tobacco farmer in Bowling Green and his experiences in hiring and employing immigrants. I appreciated some of the article describing his efforts to do things legally, but took issue with his comments about the hospital just having to bear the cost of the emergency surgeries because the farmer nor the employee could afford to pay the medical expense, as well as other of his comments. In his case, in order to stay in business, he claims he has to hire immigrants, and will do so illegally if required to do so to keep his business going.

Employers apparently have to show there are an insufficient number of American workers to hire, and the strict requirement "forces" employers to hire illegal immigrants.

I know the Strates shows advertises across the country to hire people for its circus season, provides them with housing, as limited as it is, and low wages, but the people have a place to live, work and eat for several months, which they didn't have before, just like the immigrants described in the article. I wonder why the farmer in the article couldn't do that too.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:13 AM

35 posts, read 117,790 times
Mexicans are better at cooking Mexican food than me but not at everything else.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:19 AM

1,736 posts, read 4,731,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamontesareforever View Post
Mexicans are better at cooking Mexican food than me but not at everything else.
Don’t sell yourself short, you could learn to cook Mexican food just as good, maybe even better.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:57 AM

2,014 posts, read 3,881,241 times
Most people here cook Texmex which is completely Americanized. I had the opportunity once to try some strange looking minced pork wrapped in a banana leaf. Now that was real Mexican and I haven't tried it since.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:26 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,731,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlove0792 View Post
well i'll tell you all something
they do not get payed bad money
my step father is an illegal immigrant and he gets payed good money
its just that they get all of the jobs because americans are to lazy to do anything
idk
you guys can think the way you want to but in my thoughts you are wrong
estás loco de tu cabeza
cada uno apenas quisiera que alguien culpara por todo y utilizan los illegals
o debo decir a los inmigrantes ilegales
como todo en tus palabras
Not for long.
Adios, it's back to mexico for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration