Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 10:37 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Mexicans are usually hard workers. I remember working with Mexicans as a teenager and they were always moving. In fact, I remember being cussed out by a Mexican as I was standing around, he said "Que haces parado?", meaning "What are you doing just standing around". Also, Mexicans see the manager and/or the owner as a semi-God. The owner or "patron" is not only respected but almost "feared". It is a very subservient culture.
I haven't observed that at all -- and I work with many Mexicans. In reality only some Mexicans work hard, some are completely lazy. I haven't seen where Mexicans work any harder than black or white or hispanic, or asian Americans.

In fact -- I know that with many of the work crews they have to have a foreman keeping their eyes on them at all times or they'll walk away with things, sleep on the job, smoke dope on the job or whatever else. They'll hire one Mexican that is more dependable to stand and watch over the others -- making sure they don't pull anything.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:37 PM

751 posts, read 1,178,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
No one is complaining about "Mexicans" -

Many ARE complaining about ILLEGAL Immigrants - regardless of country of origin

Do you or can you, understand the difference??
Right, I once met an illegal Canadian here. I am sure people like you would be outraged by his "illegal" presence in your neighborhood. I can see people like you protesting and telling him to go back to Canada LOL.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:38 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
No one is complaining about "Mexicans" -

Many ARE complaining about ILLEGAL Immigrants - regardless of country of origin

Do you or can you, understand the difference??
Thank you, Greatday

A PhD is not required to comprehend the term ILLEGAL!

Old 12-31-2007, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Right, I once met an illegal Canadian here. I am sure people like you would be outraged by his "illegal" presence in your neighborhood. I can see people like you protesting and telling him to go back to Canada LOL.
That's no different than a Mexican illegal who speaks fluent Engish -- they are just harder to detect. It happens -- people just assume they are "chicanos" or Spanish-surnamed Americans.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:40 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
Actually, yes, many want them to go back also. If they are stopped, and found to be illegally in this country, they should be deported -

I hope that clears up any misperceptions you may have had

Old 12-31-2007, 10:42 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Actually, yes, many want them to go back also. If they are stopped, and found to be illegally in this country, they should be deported -

I hope that clears up any misperceptions you may have had
Less than two hours before our Employer Sanctions Law kicks in......

On that note; I am going to hit the hay, rest well.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:44 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
In a little over an hour, the employer sanction law kicks in -

Hooray!!!

Old 12-31-2007, 10:48 PM

Yes -- horray to employer sanctions -- long overdue.

It's time to start running the employers out from this country -- they can pack up and move out with their illegals.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:35 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,994 times
Quote:

Also, Mexicans see the manager and/or the owner as a semi-God. The owner or "patron" is not only respected but almost "feared". It is a very subservient culture.
I've worked with many Mexicans and I'm actually related by blood to a number as well, and this is news to me. Most I've met have mocked the managers and owners.

Old 01-01-2008, 07:56 AM

460 posts, read 3,547,333 times
Quote:

The problem isn't 'one' illegal alien. 100,000+ people coming over our southern border every month IS the problem. Whether that many came from Canada, China, or wherever, the sheer volume of people IS the issue and if it was all about skin color don't you think the border would've been sealed a long time ago?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration