U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 06:39 PM

902 posts, read 505,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
The latter know that they are losing the war of public opinion.
Since when is losing the war of public opinion a bad thing? Public opinion voted for Bush a second time, [/quote]

You sure about that?

Old 01-01-2008, 06:55 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Am I the only one severely offended by this title? Are there really people stupid enough to generalize that Mexicans are superior workers?

Old 01-01-2008, 07:20 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Am I the only one severely offended by this title? Are there really people stupid enough to generalize that Mexicans are superior workers?
Anymore; I take little offence---------consider the source.

We are winning the war against illegal immigrants and their lackeys

Old 01-01-2008, 09:18 PM

608 posts, read 880,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
When businesses begin to pay a living wage again then maybe Americans will start applying for those jobs. Because a skilled worker refuses to apply for a job that pays scab wages does not necessarily mean he is lazy.

To some one who is used to being paid two dollars a week, what they are making here is huge. Even when that "huge" is so far below poverty level.

Sure Americans have become lazy. There is much truth to that argument also.

When im on a major remodel job and the contractor tells me he charged the homeowner $200,000 and everyone I see working there is low skilled workers making perhaps minimum wage, I know the contractor is making a killing. He is getting rich while the wage earner crawls to the bank to cash his pittance of a pay check. The bank teller can read it in his eyes. He will walk home with a small fist full of cash and has no idea how he will make it stretch to the next one.

It is not fair but neither is life fair.
Intelligence rules and dumbness falters.
Get an education in a trade. Not some useless liberal arts crap.
When using "American" could you be more specific? Canadians as well as Argentinians are all Americans!!!! Oh and Mexicans are North Americans as are those from the USA or from Canada.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:20 PM

17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
When using "American" could you be more specific? Canadians all the way down to Argentinians are all Americans!!!! Oh and Mexicans are North Americans as are those from the USA or from Canada.
Sorry, but since its inception as a nation, "American" has been synonymous with citizen of the United States of America. At least in English, which last I checked is the language of the US and this forum.

Even people in Latin American call us "Americanos" and not "Estadounidense"!

Old 01-01-2008, 11:36 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Yes. La Raza is a Mexican race supremacy group that really does have it's followers believing that Mexicans are some superior race. Vicente Fox himself spoke in racist terms like this.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:18 AM

10,425 posts, read 43,516,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
When using "American" could you be more specific? Canadians as well as Argentinians are all Americans!!!! Oh and Mexicans are North Americans as are those from the USA or from Canada.
True. I catch your drift but I assume you caught my drift too.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:20 AM

1,999 posts, read 1,182,711 times
Something tells me they are a hand picked group of businessmen who hire illegals and want to find a way to send something positive out about them.

People are fed up with them being here and do not care if they are harder workers, the fact they are here illegally is the most important aspect.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes. La Raza is a Mexican race supremacy group that really does have it's followers believing that Mexicans are some superior race. Vicente Fox himself spoke in racist terms like this.
And the irony that technically speaking, Fox would not qualify for membership due to he being 100% White, racially speaking----he has no indigenous heritage.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
True. I catch your drift but I assume you caught my drift too.
Argentinian refers to a citizen of Argentina, Mexican for SOB, Canadian (you catch my drift)......the word 'American' with no other qualifiers means a citizen of the USA only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or