U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 04:01 PM

522 posts, read 858,699 times

Advertisements

I personally have seen these immigrants hired, only to find that they soon had one excuse or another to leave, and take our American dollars right back to their country and out of our economy....
some of them only stayed a few weeks.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:36 PM

49 posts, read 107,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The fact is that Americans just don't cut it in many a workplace. If you ask employers "off the record" who they prefer they will almost always tell you they prefer the Mexican worker. Read this article:
2007 DMN Texan of the Year: The Illegal Immigrant | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Latest News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/123007dnedianonymous.278c46.html - broken link)

"Workers like him find support among business owners especially in Texas industries dependent on unskilled immigrants, like agriculture and construction. They say that without those workers, they couldn't survive.

Marty owns a North Texas construction company. He has come to view American workers as undependable, lazy and arrogant, while he finds illegal immigrants motivated and reliable.

"I'd rather employ them than Americans," he confides. "In my line of work, I need the Mexicans, and I am for them being here. I need them because I can't find anybody else to do the work."

I hear employers all the time saying similar things. I heard a restaurant owner say he would pay the Mexicans MORE if he had too because they are so much better workers than the Americans he used to employ.
I guess I would prefer them to, if I didn't have to pay any insurance, taxes, workmans comp., or give them benefits. The people who hire the illegals save a bunch of money by not abiding to the "labor laws" of America. This causes the legals and american citizens to have to pay hire taxes to make up for the money going under the table to the mexicans and having to pay for their health care which they get "for FREE".

Old 01-02-2008, 04:44 PM

12,870 posts, read 12,802,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The fact is that Americans just don't cut it in many a workplace. If you ask employers "off the record" who they prefer they will almost always tell you they prefer the Mexican worker. Read this article:
2007 DMN Texan of the Year: The Illegal Immigrant | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | Latest News (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/123007dnedianonymous.278c46.html - broken link)

"Workers like him find support among business owners especially in Texas industries dependent on unskilled immigrants, like agriculture and construction. They say that without those workers, they couldn't survive.

Marty owns a North Texas construction company. He has come to view American workers as undependable, lazy and arrogant, while he finds illegal immigrants motivated and reliable.

"I'd rather employ them than Americans," he confides. "In my line of work, I need the Mexicans, and I am for them being here. I need them because I can't find anybody else to do the work."

I hear employers all the time saying similar things. I heard a restaurant owner say he would pay the Mexicans MORE if he had too because they are so much better workers than the Americans he used to employ.
if the mexicans are such great workers why is their country such a mess and why are they trying to get into a country built into a superpower by american workers? duh!!

Old 01-02-2008, 04:56 PM

49 posts, read 107,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Right, I once met an illegal Canadian here. I am sure people like you would be outraged by his "illegal" presence in your neighborhood. I can see people like you protesting and telling him to go back to Canada LOL.
Does the illegal Canadian go around burning the American flag?

Old 01-02-2008, 05:10 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,718,680 times
Quote:
I guess I would prefer them to, if I didn't have to pay any insurance, taxes, workmans comp., or give them benefits. The people who hire the illegals save a bunch of money by not abiding to the "labor laws" of America.
This is not accurate, labor laws are followed.

Old 01-02-2008, 05:14 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,855,767 times
By whom? I don't see that in the cash economy of illegals here..

Old 01-02-2008, 05:27 PM

I don't know where here is, but the companies I know in AG business, and in McDonalds etc. Scrupulously follow the letter of the law. The illegal comes in the door with the proper paper work. The employer does not know who and who is not a citizen.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:09 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,690,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
I don't know where here is, but the companies I know in AG business, and in McDonalds etc. Scrupulously follow the letter of the law. The illegal comes in the door with the proper paper work. The employer does not know who and who is not a citizen.
And; that is the way it should be........if the prospective employee's paperwork checks out re: legit Socials, etc. then the employer is Scot free.

Needless to say; many illegals are scared off by even the threat of such procedures.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:36 PM

The paperwork checks out, but as we know illegals do work in the fields, but the paperwork checks out.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:53 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,877,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
When an employer notices that all his employees can't speak a lick of English and they very eagerly accepted minimum wage and didn't expect health insurance -- that employer has a pretty good idea that he's hiring illegals.

Not only that -- notice that while whole semi-trailers and train box cars are arriving jam-packed with illegals that you never have illegals showing up at employers who hire Americans? People fresh from Mexico arriving illegally do not have resumes, they are not doing job searches on monster.com, they couldn't fill out job applications written in English even if they wanted to. No -- many are recruited while in Mexico, their destination is already known before they are loaded up into the semi-trailer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or