U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 08:04 PM

17,279 posts, read 24,961,305 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
When an employer notices that all his employees can't speak a lick of English and they very eagerly accepted minimum wage and didn't expect health insurance -- that employer has a pretty good idea that he's hiring illegals.

Not only that -- notice that while whole semi-trailers and train box cars are arriving jam-packed with illegals that you never have illegals showing up at employers who hire Americans? People fresh from Mexico arriving illegally do not have resumes, they are not doing job searches on monster.com, they couldn't fill out job applications written in English even if they wanted to. No -- many are recruited while in Mexico, their destination is already known before they are loaded up into the semi-trailer.
http://www.wichitamassacre.com/Brian%20Jackson_files/image004.jpg (broken link)

"The paperwork and this here social security card SAYS your name is "Brian MacDonald" from Bangor Maine. Good enough for me! I have no reason to assume otherwise!"

Old 01-02-2008, 08:21 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,706,920 times
Your posts are just plain silliness. All the people who show up for work in the fields speak Spanish and have the proper papers, I think I have said the last part about a dozen times (lord knows why white Americans don't show up, I imagine the work is just too hard). And those of you who think the workers get paid minimum wage need to do your homework. You can start with the compound word; piecework.

And finally, only about half of the field workers are illegal, the balance are citizens.

Thank you for this opportunity to lend ya'll a little education.
Now for hispanic names, I want you to picture a Brian Malone in your head, got him? Good, now click on this link;RGJ.com: Second photo released of wanted man

mmm Imagine that.

Second or thirdly, hard to keep it straight. Jobs in the fields come through the union or relatives.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:30 PM

16,700 posts, read 18,913,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The fact is that Americans just don't cut it in many a workplace. If you ask employers "off the record" who they prefer they will almost always tell you they prefer the Mexican worker. Read this article:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/123007dnedianonymous.278c46.html (broken link)

"Workers like him find support among business owners especially in Texas industries dependent on unskilled immigrants, like agriculture and construction. They say that without those workers, they couldn't survive.

Marty owns a North Texas construction company. He has come to view American workers as undependable, lazy and arrogant, while he finds illegal immigrants motivated and reliable.

"I'd rather employ them than Americans," he confides. "In my line of work, I need the Mexicans, and I am for them being here. I need them because I can't find anybody else to do the work."

I hear employers all the time saying similar things. I heard a restaurant owner say he would pay the Mexicans MORE if he had too because they are so much better workers than the Americans he used to employ.
Wow... you are delusional... they hire someone for $12 an hour instead of paying a legal citizen $20 an hour... they are making MORE than $8 an hour just for hiring an illegal in addition to their profits... WHO wouldn't want to do that.. get paid for breaking the law... if now we can all make those greedy CEOs to make 50k annual salary and pay me the rest...

Old 01-02-2008, 08:33 PM

Hey, America is built upon the Free Enterprise system. The key to the success of that system is to maximize profit.

I would like to think that you support the American system of economics.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:36 PM

9,615 posts, read 9,467,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
Hey, America is built upon the Free Enterprise system. The key to the success of that system is to maximize profit.
I can maximize profit by robbing a bank too.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:40 PM

8,240 posts, read 14,896,860 times
Quote:
The paperwork checks out, but as we know illegals do work in the fields, but the paperwork checks out.
Working with an illegal or mismatched social security number IS picked up by the social security office and IS reported back to the employer, who is then legally obligated to file a form and release the employee. I have friends who've hired nannies and their ssn's didn't check out. I'm sure plenty of those traitor employees round file those letters from the ssn office...

Old 01-02-2008, 08:50 PM

Quote:

I would like to think that you support the American system of economics.
In the American system of economics, there is an assumption of an even playing field while maximizing profit. If you are breaking the rules by hiring illegal workers (and not paying payroll taxes), you are not playing on an even playing field. To say that employers "do their best" to tell who is legal based on whatever paperwork is presented to them is disingenous to say the least. You are an apologist for the traitors who are ripping this country apart and you should be ashamed of yourself. Unless you are calling for employer sanctions and a stronger/more comlete reporting system, you are part of the problem.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:51 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskmd View Post
I can maximize profit by robbing a bank too.
Consider the source.

The pro illegal crowd is losing the war-------one battle at a time.

Hence the above using every trick in the book to rationalize their behavior.

The hammer is coming down; faster and faster.

And; despite its 'La Raza' reputation, California will be one of the next dominos to fall.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:51 PM

However that is the ideal;
Quote:
On December 5, 2007, Department of Homeland Security ("DHS") Secretary Michael Chertoff released a statement confirming that DHS filed an appeal to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals requesting that the court lift the injunction against implementing the DHS no-match rule. On October 10, 2007, a federal court in California issued a preliminary injunction preventing DHS and the Social Security Administration ("SSA") from implementing the rule entitled Safe-Harbor Procedures for Employers Who Receive a No-Match Letter. The court enjoined SSA from sending out the no-match letters because the letters were to include DHS language threatening possible criminal and civil liability for employers that failed to respond to the letters.
Quote:
In the American system of economics, there is an assumption of an even playing field while maximizing profit.
No assumption, government intervention read up on your Teddy Roosevelt, but stay away from Reagan, he hated that assumption.

Old 01-02-2008, 08:58 PM

Quote:
However that is the ideal;

No assumption, government intervention read up on your Teddy Roosevelt, but stay away from Reagan, he hated that assumption.
Did I miss the part where you said that you support a stronger and better match system for social security numbers? No? Didn't think so. Traitors....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or