U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 06:57 AM

902 posts, read 505,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Consider the source.

The pro illegal crowd is losing the war-------one battle at a time.

Hence the above using every trick in the book to rationalize their behavior.

The hammer is coming down; faster and faster.

And; despite its 'La Raza' reputation, California will be one of the next dominos to fall.
You are so correct. that would be why there are so many in here whining and telling lies and trying to change people's minds. They are getting ever more shrill as the days go one. It is fun to watch, but a bit disconcerting because of them trying to get people in trouble in this group all because a person does not agree with them about loving criminals like they do.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:44 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
You are so correct. that would be why there are so many in here whining and telling lies and trying to change people's minds. They are getting ever more shrill as the days go one. It is fun to watch, but a bit disconcerting because of them trying to get people in trouble in this group all because a person does not agree with them about loving criminals like they do.
Don't take the bait; handle their comments with class, such tactics are 'gut shots' to their kind

Old 01-03-2008, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Don't take the bait; handle their comments with class, such tactics are 'gut shots' to their kind
I know and that is why I have a few of them on ignore.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:07 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
I know and that is why I have a few of them on ignore.
I've found my posting zen now that I've ignored the truly ignorant.

It's much easier to avoid TOS violations when you're not being pelted with narrow-minded fanaticism.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:57 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,273,941 times
You all are missing the point. This is not a Mexican issue. This is an immigrant issue. Immigrants have always been the hardest workers whether it was the Irish guy 90 years ago at the meat packing plant or the Mexican building a home in Charlotte. Immigrants are so thankful to have opportunities such as the chance for a great education for their children they will work very hard. What would be a much more interesting story is what the bosses say about the children of immigrants.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
You all are missing the point. This is not a Mexican issue. This is an immigrant issue. Immigrants have always been the hardest workers whether it was the Irish guy 90 years ago at the meat packing plant or the Mexican building a home in Charlotte. Immigrants are so thankful to have opportunities such as the chance for a great education for their children they will work very hard. What would be a much more interesting story is what the bosses say about the children of immigrants.
Significant difference though:

90 years ago virtually all of our immigrants were here legally.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:20 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,273,941 times
Quote:
Significant difference though:

90 years ago virtually all of our immigrants were here legally.
That's because 90 years ago the attitude was "Give me your tired, your poor." There was no such thing as illegal immigration. Today the attitude is "Thank you for doing the jobs nobody else do, now get the hell out."

Old 01-03-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
That's because 90 years ago the attitude was "Give me your tired, your poor." There was no such thing as illegal immigration. Today the attitude is "Thank you for doing the jobs nobody else do, now get the hell out."
I call BS on that one: the main reason that unethical employers loooove illegals is they have essentially no rights whereas US citizens/green card holders can fight back if abused by the above.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:28 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Bosses off the record say??? Who cares what they say off the record. Off the record= no guts which in turn = no credability.
I would love a list of such bosses so that I could happily avoid any of their products.
I work in a factory. Over the last few years using sub contractors for the no brain work has been tried. Many were nonenglish speaking individuals.
What happened? It failed. The mill I work in is literally almost a mile long. They got lost, nearly got hit by fork trucks, and were unable to fiollow simple directions. No They were not all mexicans... Some were asians. The program although not canceled was changed. Requirements like testing for english ability both spoken and written were required. We still use contractors but they are in fact americans..
So mexicans are better? But then thats only off the record. So I guess that just doesnt matter anyway.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I've found my posting zen now that I've ignored the truly ignorant.

It's much easier to avoid TOS violations when you're not being pelted with narrow-minded fanaticism.
Agree completely!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or