U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2007, 09:08 PM

16,248 posts, read 20,613,022 times

Advertisements

The fact is that Americans just don't cut it in many a workplace. If you ask employers "off the record" who they prefer they will almost always tell you they prefer the Mexican worker. Read this article:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/123007dnedianonymous.278c46.html (broken link)

"Workers like him find support among business owners especially in Texas industries dependent on unskilled immigrants, like agriculture and construction. They say that without those workers, they couldn't survive.

Marty owns a North Texas construction company. He has come to view American workers as undependable, lazy and arrogant, while he finds illegal immigrants motivated and reliable.

"I'd rather employ them than Americans," he confides. "In my line of work, I need the Mexicans, and I am for them being here. I need them because I can't find anybody else to do the work."

I hear employers all the time saying similar things. I heard a restaurant owner say he would pay the Mexicans MORE if he had too because they are so much better workers than the Americans he used to employ.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:20 PM

1,900 posts, read 1,711,257 times
Of course, that is bogus, misleading and probably wrong, just look at how many white americans work piece work in the vegetable fields, Oh, None? oooops

Old 12-31-2007, 09:27 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,008,259 times
So some greedy businessmen like to profiteer off of the labor of illegal aliens. Is anyone really surprised by this?????

Old 12-31-2007, 09:33 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
The fact is that Americans just don't cut it in many a workplace. If you ask employers "off the record" who they prefer they will almost always tell you they prefer the Mexican worker. Read this article:
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/123007dnedianonymous.278c46.html (broken link)

"Workers like him find support among business owners especially in Texas industries dependent on unskilled immigrants, like agriculture and construction. They say that without those workers, they couldn't survive.

Marty owns a North Texas construction company. He has come to view American workers as undependable, lazy and arrogant, while he finds illegal immigrants motivated and reliable.

"I'd rather employ them than Americans," he confides. "In my line of work, I need the Mexicans, and I am for them being here. I need them because I can't find anybody else to do the work."

I hear employers all the time saying similar things. I heard a restaurant owner say he would pay the Mexicans MORE if he had too because they are so much better workers than the Americans he used to employ.
The alternative would be deportation or worse. Now; if said illegals did become legal, their so-called work ethic would deteriorate markedly.

Old 12-31-2007, 09:36 PM

4,711 posts, read 10,533,126 times
I know several contractors here in the Washington DC area (HUGE illegal population) that have told me the same thing.

They also tell me that the low wage thing is partly myth...that the really skilled guys demand (and get) high wages.

Old 12-31-2007, 10:18 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,386,888 times
Great - as long as the Hispanics are legally in this country, they are welcome to work all they want

Old 12-31-2007, 11:14 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times
Then let those businessmen put their money where their mouths are and relocate their businesses to Mexico where they can hire all of them they like.

We don't need businesses that dislike the American people and discriminate against them in hiring.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:31 PM

751 posts, read 847,390 times
Mexicans are usually hard workers. I remember working with Mexicans as a teenager and they were always moving. In fact, I remember being cussed out by a Mexican as I was standing around, he said "Que haces parado?", meaning "What are you doing just standing around". Also, Mexicans see the manager and/or the owner as a semi-God. The owner or "patron" is not only respected but almost "feared". It is a very subservient culture.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:34 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,386,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Mexicans are usually hard workers. .
No one is complaining about "Mexicans" -

Many ARE complaining about ILLEGAL Immigrants - regardless of country of origin

Do you or can you, understand the difference??

Old 12-31-2007, 11:36 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,646,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Mexicans are usually hard workers. I remember working with Mexicans as a teenager and they were always moving. In fact, I remember being cussed out by a Mexican as I was standing around, he said "Que haces parado?", meaning "What are you doing just standing around". Also, Mexicans see the manager and/or the owner as a semi-God. The owner or "patron" is not only respected but almost "feared". It is a very subservient culture.
That sort of attitude would not fly with most Americans-------we would tell such an employer to go jump in a lake.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or