U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-31-2007, 10:46 PM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
Reputation: 22159

Advertisements

I would suggest to anyone who thinks the Mexicans are better than Americans just relocate to Mexico. No one is stopping you. You should find it very pleasurable -- no more Americans to have to mess with. No more of that problem "middle class".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-01-2008, 08:26 AM
 
1,266 posts, read 2,223,766 times
Reputation: 436
Let's see.
1) They make little
2) They take more than they pay for

That makes them a drain on society. No one can spin that. They may go to the hospital less than someone that HAS insurance but THEY don't have insurance so they don't usually have the means to pay for large hospital bills. Legal Americans foot the bill for medical, for welfare for anchor babies, for education and other social services. They steal idenities and fail to pay income tax. Now if that does leave a drain on us I don't know what would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2008, 08:31 AM
 
902 posts, read 506,117 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Let's see.
1) They make little
2) They take more than they pay for

That makes them a drain on society. No one can spin that. They may go to the hospital less than someone that HAS insurance but THEY don't have insurance so they don't usually have the means to pay for large hospital bills. Legal Americans foot the bill for medical, for welfare for anchor babies, for education and other social services. They steal idenities and fail to pay income tax. Now if that does leave a drain on us I don't know what would.
Yep!! But the fact remains that anyone at all that says that illegals are not a drain on our society and the country as a whole is mentally unstable or flat out lying and there is no getting around that fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2008, 08:37 AM
 
17,279 posts, read 24,969,411 times
Reputation: 8524
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
The only people that complain about illegals draining on society are your incompetent, insecure underachievers that feel threatened by people that have an average 4th grade education and do mostly menial, low skill labor . I have never met any intelligent, business savvy person that was passionately opposed to illegal immigration. In fact, most business people realize that Hispanics (legal or illegal) represent a potential $650 billion market. I remember attending a conference where Kenneth Lewis, the CEO of Bank of America explained why Hispanics (legal or illegal) are going to be a very important segment of the financial sector in the future. From the business perspective, it made perfect sense.

I think it's apparent "business savvy" isn't served with a heap of common sense.

"Business people love low-skilled illegal immigrants." REALLY?! I would never have guessed business people like workers who demand less, work for less, work longer, and have little to no legal recourse to complain.

Simply amazing! I wonder if they teach that sort of stuff at Wharton?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2008, 08:50 AM
 
2,257 posts, read 3,454,521 times
Reputation: 469
Who cares about Iowa besides a bunch of presidential candidates who are part of the problem. The border states are in a chaotic expensive border war. This is more about Tuscon than Des moines
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2008, 08:55 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan61 View Post
Who cares about Iowa besides a bunch of presidential candidates who are part of the problem. The border states are in a chaotic expensive border war. This is more about Tuscon than Des moines
And; Arizona is starting to win said war

Living here; I am seeing the positive changes--------one alone is much less Mariachi music blaring from vehicles. The illegals (most of whom happen to be Mexican) are petrified of being nailed. Loud music is probable cause to pull over a vehicle and demand identification------refusal; go directly to jail. End of story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2008, 01:22 PM
 
Location: NJ/NY
9,639 posts, read 9,475,466 times
Reputation: 6761
[quote=lukeache;2380680]
Quote:
The only people that complain about illegals draining on society are your incompetent, insecure underachievers that feel threatened by people that have an average 4th grade education and do mostly menial, low skill labor . I have never met any intelligent, business savvy person that was passionately opposed to illegal immigration. In fact, most business people realize that Hispanics (legal or illegal) represent a potential $650 billion market.
This is a major fallacy. I am very highly educated. Most of my friends and associates are very highly educated. I constantly hear them complaining about the illegals and the problems they cause, usually in the form of higher taxes. You guys try and sell that BS about them contributing more than they consume. Do you think any educated person buys that nonsense? NOBODY is for illegal immigrants except for the people who profit from them.

Quote:
I remember attending a conference where Kenneth Lewis, the CEO of Bank of America explained why Hispanics (legal or illegal) are going to be a very important segment of the financial sector in the future. From the business perspective, it made perfect sense.
What a surprise. Bank of America made billions off of the illegals by being the first large bank to give them bank accounts. If the illegals all go away, B.O.A. and Kennith Lewis stand to lose a great deal of money. He is simply protecting his own interests.

BTW, any American that knows this and still banks at B.O.A. is a fool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2008, 01:25 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
10,716 posts, read 31,041,328 times
Reputation: 6654
I'm just curious.

If your here illegally and you have a stolen social security number why would you fill out your forms and ask them to with hold taxes for federal taxes? Its not your SSN, why would you care, why wouldn't you just get as much money as you can?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2008, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Reputation: 3785
[quote=eskmd;2384748]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
This is a major fallacy. I am very highly educated. Most of my friends and associates are very highly educated. I constantly hear them complaining about the illegals and the problems they cause, usually in the form of higher taxes. You guys try and sell that BS about them contributing more than they consume. Do you think any educated person buys that nonsense? NOBODY is for illegal immigrants except for the people who profit from them.



What a surprise. Bank of America made billions off of the illegals by being the first large bank to give them bank accounts. If the illegals all go away, B.O.A. and Kennith Lewis stand to lose a great deal of money. He is simply protecting his own interests.

BTW, any American that knows this and still banks at B.O.A. is a fool.
Well; I received my B of A credit card a while back prior to finding out about the illegal connection, it will take me a spell to pay it off.......then, unless B of A changes its pro illegal policy-------then said CC is going bye-bye.

Otherwise; I tend to agree with you synopsis here despite my low level of formal education.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-01-2008, 02:30 PM
 
Location: NJ/NY
9,639 posts, read 9,475,466 times
Reputation: 6761
[quote=ArizonaBear;2384898]
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskmd View Post

Otherwise; I tend to agree with you synopsis here despite my low level of formal education.
Unlike lukeache, I think everyone's opinion on this issue is valid, regardless of education level. I only even mentioned it to counter his erroneous spin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top