U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 09:25 PM

17,279 posts, read 24,957,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
I think you missed my point, the checkpoints are paid for by American tax dollars.

And so are the children and families of the workers that tend your fields.

Point?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 09:34 PM

608 posts, read 880,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
And this has to do with......?
You obviously did not read Malamute's post to which I was responding to....

Old 01-01-2008, 09:51 PM

17,279 posts, read 24,957,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
You obviously did not read Malamute's post to which I was responding to....
No, I read both. I just don't understand what you're insinuating and/or rationalizing away with your statement.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:14 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,222,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
There are some that say they put in more than they take out, but they can only compare that with a gross number of all of them together, not individually.
Who gives a flyin fig about a tiny fraction of high paying illegals, where ever they are. Fact is they are all ILLEGAL. And the VAST majority of them are sucking America dry. We legal taxpayers are getting the shaft here folks. I don't care how you try to spin it. Facts are facts.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post

Point?
Well I just looked out my window and I see no children or families tending my fields. If I do, I'll call the police.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Yep!! But the fact remains that anyone at all that says that illegals are not a drain on our society and the country as a whole is mentally unstable or flat out lying and there is no getting around that fact.
And why should any reasonable person spend any time trying to talk to such irrational souls? We are just too damned nice

Old 01-02-2008, 08:52 AM

1,861 posts, read 2,967,216 times
If illegals are paying taxes, they're committing fraud. They either made up a social security number (the IRS has several that are the SAME), or they've stolen a citizen's social security number.

So, I don't CARE if they're paying taxes or not - they are committing fraud. Sheesh.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:03 AM

1,900 posts, read 1,706,273 times
Quote:
Quote:
I think you missed my point, the checkpoints are paid for by American tax dollars.

There is a syntax error here which renders this unintelligible.

Quote:
Yep!! But the fact remains that anyone at all that says that illegals are not a drain on our society and the country as a whole is mentally unstable or flat out lying and there is no getting around that fact.
Actually, all independent research shows a + gain to society or at worst, a wash.

Old 01-02-2008, 10:31 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,357,433 times
Quote:
Actually, all independent research shows a + gain to society or at worst, a wash.
Not correct

Independent research shows illegal immigrants to be a tremendous financial drain on American taxpayers.

Old 01-02-2008, 12:30 PM

1,861 posts, read 2,967,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Not correct

Independent research shows illegal immigrants to be a tremendous financial drain on American taxpayers.
They cost us tremendously in many ways - culture, job market, schools, medical care, welfare costs, etc.

How can we say they are no drain on us if they had to close down all those hospitals in California because of illegals who couldn't pay their bills? Now, the legal immigrants and citizens don't have those hospitals for their own healthcare.

Look at the cost with bilingual education in the schools, and interpreters in hospitals and elsewhere that we pay for, the depression in our wages, the crime that adds to what we already have especially the gangs, what about waiting in line wasting time at a hospital because illegals are there for a cold, and on and on.

It's not just financial, and I don't CARE if they do bring us something in that area (which I doubt), there's lots of other ways of "draining" us.

We just don't NEED illegals. We have enough poverty already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or