Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2012, 12:42 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,735,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
President Barack Obama’s plan to allow young undocumented immigrants to stay and work in the U.S. temporarily is expected to draw a massive response when it takes effect Wednesday.

But hundreds of thousands of otherwise eligible participants nationwide won’t be able to apply because they lack high-school diplomas.

As a result, undocumented immigrants in Arizona and other states are rushing to get equivalency diplomas, or GEDs, to avoid missing out on an opportunity to climb out from under years of living in fear of deportation.

“Oh my God. It’s going to drastically change my life. It’s going to be a better future for us,” said Phoenix resident Griselda Yazmin Lopez, 22. An undocumented immigrant from Mexico, she dropped out of high school after she had the first of her two U.S.-born children. Last week, she began taking steps to get her GED..
http://tucsoncitizen.com/arizona-new...g-deportation/

Because a GED can only be obtained by a 22 year old rocket scientist on welfare with 2 anchor babies. Is there anything these losers won't due to juice this country?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2012, 02:07 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
“Oh my God. It’s going to drastically change my life. It’s going to be a better future for us,”

Had she actually wanted a better future, she would not have gotten pregnant and dropped out of school. She certainly wouldn't have had a second baby. There was absolutely nothing preventing her from graduating from high school or even getting a GED, that is, but laziness, and of course the welfare checks and food stamps she receives for her two anchors. I'm sick of these parasites pretending Obama's amnesty is just the break they needed. Her illegal status damn sure didn't force her to keep lying around having babies. The ONLY reason she is now anxious to enroll in a GED program is to qualify for Obama's amnesty. Not only will these welfare queens scramble to enroll, but also every gangbanger without a criminal record. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if a few drug cartel members manage to get in on the action. This is exactly the BS that boils my blood. But, we've been saying this from the beginning.

Old 08-12-2012, 02:55 PM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
Drastically change her life? How so other than giving her a two year pass to remain in the US. With all the citizens who graduated high school and hold college degrees looking for work, does she think she's going to the head of the line?

Obama is going to have to open alot of government funded child care centers for all those bambinos while mommy is working and going to school at night to get her Computer Science degree.

Old 08-12-2012, 04:12 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,459,438 times
"Dropped out of highschool, after having 2 children".

Deport her.

If she really wanted a good future, she wouldn't have had a child during highschool, let alone 2. Even if this women goes get her g.e.d, she is never going to contribute to society.

Old 08-12-2012, 04:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CinSonic View Post
"Dropped out of highschool, after having 2 children".

Deport her.

If she really wanted a good future, she wouldn't have had a child during highschool, let alone 2. Even if this women goes get her g.e.d, she is never going to contribute to society.
Each of them babies gives her government money. She's got a more stable future here in the US with those anchors than back in Mexico. Food, housing, spending money, education with meals and healthcare..all FREE to her.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:38 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,364,053 times
I am not sure if it is a cultural thing or not, but most Hispanic girls I taught wanted to be pregnant before their quinceanera party.

How will the GED testing make a difference? Not to be mean...but most do not have ID, and will use a fake school ID. I was doing proctoring for a proficiency exam, and one of my students was at the exam with another student's ID. No one else noticed, but I KNEW Jesus was not Manuel...busted. I confiscated the ID and told him to leave. No consequences for either one. After all, this is not an SAT.

Old 08-12-2012, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

Had she actually wanted a better future, she would not have gotten pregnant and dropped out of school. She certainly wouldn't have had a second baby. There was absolutely nothing preventing her from graduating from high school or even getting a GED, that is, but laziness, and of course the welfare checks and food stamps she receives for her two anchors. I'm sick of these parasites pretending Obama's amnesty is just the break they needed. Her illegal status damn sure didn't force her to keep lying around having babies. The ONLY reason she is now anxious to enroll in a GED program is to qualify for Obama's amnesty. Not only will these welfare queens scramble to enroll, but also every gangbanger without a criminal record. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if a few drug cartel members manage to get in on the action. This is exactly the BS that boils my blood. But, we've been saying this from the beginning.
It boils mine as well. I guarantee you even it this parasite manages to get her GED, she lacks the motivation to do anything productive. After the novelty of working for a paycheck wears off (I'll give her a month at most) she'll go back to reproduction of more bambinos.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 08-12-2012 at 05:50 PM..

Old 08-12-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Drastically change her life? How so other than giving her a two year pass to remain in the US. With all the citizens who graduated high school and hold college degrees looking for work, does she think she's going to the head of the line?

Obama is going to have to open alot of government funded child care centers for all those bambinos while mommy is working and going to school at night to get her Computer Science degree.
Obama has illegal aliens feeling so special, it wouldn't surprise me if she actually thinks that if she somehow manages to squeak by and get a GED that there is also a special line for illegal aliens who achieve such a difficult accomplishment.

Last edited by PurpleRain_1; 08-12-2012 at 07:03 PM..

Old 08-12-2012, 05:52 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Everybody is talking about getting the voters excited about a candidate. I know how they could do it. Just tell the American voters that they will close the borders and deport all those here illegally and the American people will beat a path to the polls. I get e-mails every day about this, but neither party has the guts to do what should be done.

Each party seems to be wanting the Hispanic vote. If you will close the borders and rid us of these parasites, you won't need any Hispanic votes. We true Americans will see to it that you win. Obama, it is too late for you. I wouldn't believe it if you said it.

Old 08-13-2012, 01:12 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
It boils mine as well. I guarantee you even it this parasite manages to get her GED, she lacks the motivation to do anything productive. After the novelty of working for a paycheck wears off (I'll give her a month at most) she'll go back to reproduction of more bambinos.
I don't know that she plans to work. What the legal status will do for her is make sure she won't be deported. I really don't see her giving up welfare for a minimum wage job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration