Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 03:35 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Let's see.
1) They make little
2) They take more than they pay for

That makes them a drain on society. No one can spin that. They may go to the hospital less than someone that HAS insurance but THEY don't have insurance so they don't usually have the means to pay for large hospital bills. Legal Americans foot the bill for medical, for welfare for anchor babies, for education and other social services. They steal idenities and fail to pay income tax. Now if that does leave a drain on us I don't know what would.
There are some that say they put in more than they take out, but they can only compare that with a gross number of all of them together, not individually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 04:57 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,397,659 times
Lukeache is trying desperately to paint everyone who is anti-illegal immigration and anti-exploitation of illegal labor as "uneducated." It's not working.

And the maquiladora thing is getting kind of old too. We're not talking about OUTSOURCING here, or competing with workers IN Mexico or elsewhere, but the problem of previously good, honest jobs and trades being undercut by workers willing to earn pittance, and the greedy contractors and employers more than happy to have slavery back in vogue.

Old 01-01-2008, 05:35 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,440,404 times
Quote:
no Federale BS etc
More Mexico bashing I see, incidentally when you drive in Mexico and come across the army checkpoints every 100K or so, they are funded by the US. Interesting that we pay for checkpoints that would be unconstitutional in the US.
Quote:
the Europeans were coming from societies that were already democratic or moving quickly toward that
That is not an accurate statement.

Old 01-01-2008, 06:08 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
More Mexico bashing I see, incidentally when you drive in Mexico and come across the army checkpoints every 100K or so, they are funded by the US. Interesting that we pay for checkpoints that would be unconstitutional in the US.
So? That is reality; Mexico is one corrupt country........it may be better than, say 20 years ago but still.........

Quote:
Corruption in the police force
The organization of police forces in Mexico is complex; each police force has a different level of jurisdiction and authority, and those levels often overlap. The Procuraduría General de la República (Federal Attorney General's office) along with the law enforcement agencies Policia Federal Preventiva and Agencia Federal de Investigación , has responsibility for overseeing law enforcements across the entire country. In addition, there are several police organizations at the state, district, and city level. Since pay is generally poor (US$285-$400 per month), police officers are more likely to accept bribes to protect criminals or ignore crime entirely. [10]
Corruption plagues the various levels of police, and is frequently difficult to track down and prosecute since police officers may be protected by district attorneys and other members of the judiciary. The problem is especially pronounced in northern border areas such as Tijuana, where police are engaged by drug traffickers to protect and enforce their illicit interests.
Crime in Mexico from Wikipedia

Old 01-01-2008, 06:10 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
More Mexico bashing I see, incidentally when you drive in Mexico and come across the army checkpoints every 100K or so,
Every 100,000 miles? Wow - I did not know Mexico was that big

Old 01-01-2008, 06:55 PM

67 posts, read 50,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Immigrants coming to the United States have always been mostly illiterate and impoverished. The Irish, the Sicilians, the Polish that immigrated here, I mean, it is not like these people were royalty, they were mostly uneducated and poor just like the majority of Hispanics that come to this country.

I guess, the only fundamental difference is that today, many of these Hispanics are illegal, but other than that, all it really takes is a couple generations for people to assimilate and integrate into the new society. The Irish, the Italians, the Polish all built their ethnic ghettos just like the Hispanic barrios. They were all discriminated, they all formed gangs, etc. Not much different whan what we are seeing today (regardless of their immigration status)

As people become more integrated and educated, they started to move out of the ethnic ghettos and into "normal" neighborhoods. It has happened for the last 400 years. There is nothing "new" or "special" about Hispanic immigrants.
Well I have two old English words for your post buddy ... but they won't let me post them! The first is "total" ...

The difference between the 4,000 or so uneducated peasants that are streaming across the Southern border daily and the 19th Century immigrants from Europe is that those Polish and Irish and Germans and Swedes actually wanted to be Americans! Unlike these Mexican bandits who just want to recapture the Southern States. And they came here legally, or does that distinction mean anything to you? They came to America to make a better life for themselves through hard work and enterprise ... they learned English and they absorbed American culture. They built businesses and invested in their children.

They didn't come to America looking for a handout, the way this Mexican scum does, simply dumping its brood on the American taxpayer.

So please spare me your diatribes trying to compare those brave souls from Europe from 100 years ago to the rabble Mexican criminals that are pouring over the border at this very moment.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:29 PM

Quote:

You know what ELSE happens in Mexico that would be unconstitutional in the US?

Mexican illegal immigration, citizenship criteria, and property ownership laws.

Old 01-01-2008, 08:51 PM

608 posts, read 1,004,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Oh yeah -- those Irish and Polish gangs -- they were exactly like the MS13. Exactly. Marasalvatrucha types exactly.

Europe isn't like Mexico and Central America. Not in many ways -- the Europeans were coming from societies that were already democratic or moving quickly toward that. Many of the Mexicans coming from the southern Mexican states are from societies that have not progressed beyond milpa farming.
Ignorance is bliss! The days of yester year didn't have Columbine either.

Old 01-01-2008, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
Ignorance is bliss! The days of yester year didn't have Columbine either.
And this has to do with......?

Old 01-01-2008, 09:14 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,440,404 times
Quote:
Quote:

You know what ELSE happens in Mexico that would be unconstitutional in the US?

Mexican illegal immigration, citizenship criteria, and property ownership laws.
I think you missed my point, the checkpoints are paid for by American tax dollars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration