U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 06:14 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
Yes, Benicar: I am eighty yers old...a great grandmother. A fifty year old does seem "younger." And perhaps I remember a time when the entire country was red, white and blue. I rememeber a time when becoming a citizen was foremost on the minds of new arrivals. Since welfare etc did not start until the mid forties, people who came here came to work and to become Americans. And when America needed them, they were there carrying the red, white and blue. Some one said recently that I tended to tell one guy stories, when I related real life incidences that occurred in my community. I was thinking. Over the months I have been blogging with many of you, one guy stories came from all over the country.....and if fifty people tell the same type of one guy stories from 50 different states then that is what my college professor would call a "sample." And it is encouraging to know that what I related here is happening in other states and we must remain vigilant to make sure citizenship matters. I hope we are successful in getting Congress to accept a National I.D. card, including picture and fingerprints in the near future. When I first started blogging, I was surprised to hear all the one guy stories from all over the country. Perhaps, I could have been gentler to my opposing bloggers but I fear we are losing the battle every day. I never regarded your stories as one guy stories but more like the "tip of the iceberg" and if we don't control the open borders, the old story of the Trojan Horse will happen soon enough.Some one said, the philosphy of this generation will predict the future of the next generation. So I guess I worry......An eighty year old has a lot to remember....about Old Glory and America the Beautiful.
......and, more and more Americans are rediscovering the Red, White and Blue

Multiculturalism is showing signs of dying an ignoble death......and, rightly so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2008, 06:13 AM

474 posts, read 526,778 times
Default Just thinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Multiculturalism is showing signs of dying an ignoble death......and, rightly so.
That is the disturbing factor in all of this open border talk.There is no effort on their part to become Americanized. One flag, one language, one brotherhood, you know the way it goes, "God blessed thy good with brotherhood from sea to shining sea." How can we converse with them, if they do not learn or care to learn English? Here is another "one guy story" I was in a nationwide super market chain and spoke with an Asian American who speaks four languages and is so very proud of his citizenship. We often trade the latest illegal fraud stories. He told me how the day before he was cashing out "an illegal" who presented a long slender roast(what appeared to be $28.00 in value) for checking out and there on top was a "three dollar clearance sale sticker. He politiely told the man that no piece of meat that large would sell for three dollars and he needed to call the manager. The customer insisted,
" sticker say three dollars, you ring." The customer's wife said to him, in their language, which the cashier understood, "see you got in trouble in another store and you are in trouble again." At that point the casher called the manager in a loud voice. The customer bolted through the check out line and out the door. The wife who stayed behind, indicated she did not want the meat, but preceded to pay for the food with food stamps. The cashier said, it happens so often, he just checks the frauds out, because of the "bother." I have told him in the past, "you should call the police", maybe after a few times, they will get the idea that we all live under the "rule of law." I am told by other cashiers that this happens often, where stickers are removed and re used, packages opened, contents strewn, food eaten and the word "discrimiation" used when caught.
I was thinking, 50, 100, 500 to one thousand one guy stories from small towns to big cities, all over the country should tell us something. When I did team field studies for college term papers, we would refer to those numbers as a " a good sample." Kudos to the cashier. He values his American citizenship.

Last edited by Friendly blogger; 07-08-2008 at 06:31 AM..

Old 07-08-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

Thank you, click on this, Regards from Friendly Blogger

http://www.jacquielawson.com/viewcard.asp?code=1221321706636&source=jl999

Old 07-09-2008, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friendly blogger View Post
That is the disturbing factor in all of this open border talk.There is no effort on their part to become Americanized. One flag, one language, one brotherhood, you know the way it goes, "God blessed thy good with brotherhood from sea to shining sea." How can we converse with them, if they do not learn or care to learn English? Here is another "one guy story" I was in a nationwide super market chain and spoke with an Asian American who speaks four languages and is so very proud of his citizenship. We often trade the latest illegal fraud stories. He told me how the day before he was cashing out "an illegal" who presented a long slender roast(what appeared to be $28.00 in value) for checking out and there on top was a "three dollar clearance sale sticker. He politiely told the man that no piece of meat that large would sell for three dollars and he needed to call the manager. The customer insisted,
" sticker say three dollars, you ring." The customer's wife said to him, in their language, which the cashier understood, "see you got in trouble in another store and you are in trouble again." At that point the casher called the manager in a loud voice. The customer bolted through the check out line and out the door. The wife who stayed behind, indicated she did not want the meat, but preceded to pay for the food with food stamps. The cashier said, it happens so often, he just checks the frauds out, because of the "bother." I have told him in the past, "you should call the police", maybe after a few times, they will get the idea that we all live under the "rule of law." I am told by other cashiers that this happens often, where stickers are removed and re used, packages opened, contents strewn, food eaten and the word "discrimiation" used when caught.
I was thinking, 50, 100, 500 to one thousand one guy stories from small towns to big cities, all over the country should tell us something. When I did team field studies for college term papers, we would refer to those numbers as a " a good sample." Kudos to the cashier. He values his American citizenship.
This time, I am ad libbing myself. This one guy story is right out of the Boston Globe, July 9,2008

"In recent weeks, the company has come under fire from union activists for using subcontractors who employ nonunion workers. The New England Regional Council of Carpenters distributed leaflets in Hingham criticizing the company for using undocumented workers and promoting an underground economy."

One more example of many instances in Massachusetts where legal citizens have had their workplace invaded by illegals. i.e. The New Bedford raid where approximately two hundred illegals were working. As they were being cleared out, Legal minorities, according to the newspapers, were waiting (in long lines)for the jobs being vacated.

We need to do something. I hope in our state we defeat at least one Congressional candidate to send a message to Congress.

Old 07-22-2008, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
It is scarey! Especially since the ones suggesting amnesty are by far the minority or politicans. When will WE the people be heard? Call, write, email or visit your state and local representatives. We will be heard!
You are so right. Congress is not listening to the people. We are struggling under the burden of illegal aliens. Congress is forcing us to support other nation's poor people. No wonder their economies are spiraling upward and ours is in a downward spiral. We are supporting the poor of third world countries.
Maybe this will convince a few people.

[SIZE=4]Well this is why the hospitals don't have any money[/SIZE][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]an[/SIZE][SIZE=4]d[/SIZE][SIZE=4] insurance is getting so expensive.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]
[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2]
YouTube - Testimony of illegal alien care from 1 Florida hospital
[/SIZE]

Old 07-22-2008, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
It is scarey! Especially since the ones suggesting amnesty are by far the minority or politicans. When will WE the people be heard? Call, write, email or visit your state and local representatives. We will be heard!
Congress is not listening. They are too busy fighting over power. We are struggling under the heavy burden of supporting the illegals. No wonder other countries are faring better economic wise while our economy is going down the drain. We are being forced to support the poor of third world countries. Maybe the following will convince a few people.

[SIZE=4]Well this is why the hospitals don't have any money[/SIZE][SIZE=4][/SIZE][SIZE=4]an[/SIZE][SIZE=4]d[/SIZE][SIZE=4] insurance is getting so expensive.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]
[/SIZE][SIZE=2]
YouTube - Testimony of illegal alien care from 1 Florida hospital
[/SIZE]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration