Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 07:23 PM

608 posts, read 1,005,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince of Lombards View Post
The point is that the guy's neighborhood turned into a dump because of immigration. How many more neighborhoods need to be ruined before we decide enough is enough?
Again... right or wrong people said the same thing in the 60s and 70s. But people had a solution, white flight to the suburbs and can anyone say "busing"? Now that there isn't an easy solution and real estate is too expensive or just not selling in order to pick up and move people are freaking out and blaming on the en vogue target population. What will be the complaint be in 10 or 20 years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 10:31 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,156 times
Quote:
Excellent videos -- total runtime around 10 minutes:

YouTube - No More Invasion Rocks Canoga Park (part 1)

YouTube - No More Invasion Rocks Canoga Park (part 2)

I challenge anybody to show me, after watching these videos entirely, how unchecked immigration is good for the U.S.
This location, Canoga Park used to be an upscale city.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:34 PM

394 posts, read 1,007,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Were you not the one who posted the other day about how we need another march like in 2006, and that you would be marching right with the Mexicans? Were those marches not IGNORANT, UNCIVILIZED AND HYPOCRITICAL?
great point simpleman.....just another ultra-liberal hypocrit

Old 01-05-2008, 10:34 PM

1,156 posts, read 2,089,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
Again... right or wrong people said the same thing in the 60s and 70s. But people had a solution, white flight to the suburbs and can anyone say "busing"? Now that there isn't an easy solution and real estate is too expensive or just not selling in order to pick up and move people are freaking out and blaming on the en vogue target population. What will be the complaint be in 10 or 20 years?
Illegals are in large part responsible for our economic situation among citizens and housing. We who have lived in Ca for many decades understand it.

Old 01-06-2008, 03:32 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,046,634 times
Quote:
Your response has nothing to do with what I have previously stated. The U.S. is being invaded by third-worlders, and they are ruining neighborhood after neighborhood in what used to be a first-world nation. There has never been a solution to stop this, nor is there a solution currently being planned by our government to stop this.

Old 01-15-2008, 04:28 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,431,396 times
Quote:
Your response has nothing to do with what I have previously stated. The U.S. is being invaded by third-worlders, and they are ruining neighborhood after neighborhood in what used to be a first-world nation. There has never been a solution to stop this, nor is there a solution currently being planned by our government to stop this.
Looks like "Houston Cynic" is our of gas with his irrational and irrelevant rebuttals again. His tactic is to divert attention not unlike the kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and when his mother scolds him, he complains that his brother and dad do it too, so there nannie nannie. Sounds so much like another poster on these forums...

I think the rest of the US is using us in CA as a guinea pig - we are the test tube to see what happens when an area gets so overrun with illegals that we are quite near bursting at the seams and the tension is so apparent that you can practically strum it like guitar string. No other state in the union can compare to what CA has been and is currently experiencing. Let's wait and see what happens when the housing bubble explodes here to further impact living conditions.

Old 01-15-2008, 05:21 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Looks like "Houston Cynic" is our of gas with his irrational and irrelevant rebuttals again. His tactic is to divert attention not unlike the kid caught with his hand in the cookie jar, and when his mother scolds him, he complains that his brother and dad do it too, so there nannie nannie. Sounds so much like another poster on these forums...

I think the rest of the US is using us in CA as a guinea pig - we are the test tube to see what happens when an area gets so overrun with illegals that we are quite near bursting at the seams and the tension is so apparent that you can practically strum it like guitar string. No other state in the union can compare to what CA has been and is currently experiencing.
Quote:
Let's wait and see what happens when the housing bubble explodes here to further impact living conditions.
Be prepared to see "tent city" reappear.

Old 01-15-2008, 09:50 PM

608 posts, read 1,005,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post

I think the rest of the US is using us in CA as a guinea pig - we are the test tube to see what happens when an area gets so overrun with illegals that we are quite near bursting at the seams and the tension is so apparent that you can practically strum it like guitar string. No other state in the union can compare to what CA has been and is currently experiencing. Let's wait and see what happens when the housing bubble explodes here to further impact living conditions.
As I have stated many times before there is a solution. It is simple, secure our borders! I don't think that is diverting attention do you?

Old 01-16-2008, 01:39 AM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,046,634 times
Quote:
As I have stated many times before there is a solution. It is simple, secure our borders! I don't think that is diverting attention do you?
Well that's what SaveOurState wants as well. So what's the beef?

Old 01-16-2008, 03:44 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheeto View Post
These people truly look like a bunch of ignorant rednecks!!! How inappropriate to turn a political debate into a confrontation. I suspect the bloody guy they showed in the beginning of the clip, surely provoked the incident. Those protesters are clearly mean spirited people that confirm the American a**hole stereotype that much of the world views us with. I could see if these people were in competition for the menial labor jobs the immigrants were lining up to get, but they weren't. They had nothing better to do than to harass people that obviously were worse off then them. They looked like grown up bullies, and it makes me cringe that they would actually claim to do this in the name of my country. No class at all!!
Mr Cheeto, you fail to see the point. Sinse the day workers entered the country illegally they dont have a right to stand in front of home depot or anywhere else solicitating for work. To me the message they convey is I dont respect your immigration laws. Yes we all know they are here to work and feed their families. But we are a nation of laws, and because we have gone the PC route in regards to illegal immigration we have now created a monster that we will probably never get a handle on. Always remember charity begins at home. Mexico is number one to take care of Mexico's poor, not the US. Americans are responsible for its naturlised citizens first. Why are you confused on the country you should be loyal to anyway. If our elected officals were more concerned with doing their jobs instead of keeping their jobs those protesters would not have to protest the illegals standing in front of home depot. People are fed up with illegal immigration and are frustrated that nothing is being done about it. That is why groups like the MM were created. Its too damn bad we have to go that route but when your fed up drastic measures arise. WHY OH WHY, will the people in Latin America wake the fu#& up and get their $hit together.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration