U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 03:56 PM

11,506 posts, read 5,515,070 times

Advertisements

The DREAMers are a bunch of whiners who think that this country owes them something. We don't owe them a thing. They, however, owe us some respect for our immigration laws. Yet hardly any of them even make an effort to adjust their status before turning 18 1/2. Nor do they at least get a foreign student visa to go to college here.

I take great pleasure in knowing that they can't vote and that very fact is killing them inside.

Speaking of voting, here in VA I had to show picture ID in order to vote. Plus my precinct didn't offer electronic voting---just paper ballots. And, yes, I was very happy to show ID!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2014, 03:36 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,904,378 times
Many Dems went out of their way to pander to the illegals and leave citizens to fend for themselves.

Now these very same Dems have found out that their "illegals" can't vote.

If you are going to pander then at least pander to people who can vote.

Old 11-06-2014, 03:56 PM

48,519 posts, read 81,048,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
WASHINGTON -- When CNN announced on Tuesday evening that Colorado Democratic Sen. Mark Udall lost, about 25 young undocumented immigrants and pro-immigration reform advocates in a row house in Washington, D.C., groaned in unison.

Election Leaves Immigration Advocates Frustrated With Obama

I'm starting to think a mass amnesty will NEVER be passed. If I was in the US illegally; I'd REALLY be looking over my shoulder and keeping my mouth shut.
I think the main problem is the 80's reform bill and what happened after it especially in sealing the border ;plus the economy now. It will be difficult even compared to Bush's reform which was dropped once voters started to contract congressman and senators to oppose it. Even legal Immigration within EU countries have become a hot button issue if you watch news from Europe.

Old 11-06-2014, 04:19 PM

31,543 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Many Dems went out of their way to pander to the illegals and leave citizens to fend for themselves.

Now these very same Dems have found out that their "illegals" can't vote.

If you are going to pander then at least pander to people who can vote.
I don't believe the Dems were pandering to illegal aliens to gain their vote. They were pandering to pro-amnesty Hispanic-Americans who can vote.

Old 11-06-2014, 10:36 PM

874 posts, read 968,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
As I recall, the advocates claimed that the GOP's stance on illegal immigration is why Romney lost the election. Hmm, I wonder how they explain the thorough trouncing that the Democrats got last night then?
This election had nothing to do with that. People are sick of the police state and constant wars. Syria and Ferguson, MO were probably the "last straw". There is no end in sight with the fascist Democrats in charge, so people are hoping enough libertarians snuck in disguised as Republicans to do something about it.

Old 11-07-2014, 10:54 AM

27,856 posts, read 37,873,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't believe the Dems were pandering to illegal aliens to gain their vote. They were pandering to pro-amnesty Hispanic-Americans who can vote.
It's more like who will vote. If Dems can figure out how to get Hispanic voters (legal, of course) to the polls in numbers that they are represented in the population, the border states would turn blue and the Republicans would never again win the Presidency. If Hispanics are so frustrated they need to get off their duffs and go to the polls and be heard. Change is possible, but it takes effort.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:13 PM

6,306 posts, read 4,177,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
This election was a statement. That statement is that the Dems are out of touch with the AMERICAN people. Maybe if they spent less time trying to pander to everyone else they might have had a clue what we the people really care about. Many Americans don't place the illegal immigration problem at a high priority and that is unfortunate, but many do. Most who do don't want an amnesty for these criminals. Either way the Dems took a very justified beating.
You got that right and he he issues an order it's the death blow to Democrats

IMidterm Exit Polls: 75% Reject Exec Amnesty, 80% Don't Want Foreign Workers Taking Jobs from Americans

Old 11-07-2014, 02:16 PM

6,306 posts, read 4,177,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
It's more like who will vote. If Dems can figure out how to get Hispanic voters (legal, of course) to the polls in numbers that they are represented in the population, the border states would turn blue and the Republicans would never again win the Presidency. If Hispanics are so frustrated they need to get off their duffs and go to the polls and be heard. Change is possible, but it takes effort.
Which is why numb nuts wants to illegalities millions of entitlement leeches and criminals.

Old 11-07-2014, 02:29 PM

11,506 posts, read 5,515,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I'm half Hispanic and get off my duff every election day. And guess what? I will NEVER give my vote to any politician on either side of the aisle who wants amnesty for illegals.

The Hispanic voting bloc is not a monolith that votes in lockstep with La Raza. It's actually insulting to be stereotyped as someone who supports amnestying law breakers.

Old 11-13-2014, 08:49 AM

27,856 posts, read 37,873,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I'm half Hispanic and get off my duff every election day. And guess what? I will NEVER give my vote to any politician on either side of the aisle who wants amnesty for illegals.

The Hispanic voting bloc is not a monolith that votes in lockstep with La Raza. It's actually insulting to be stereotyped as someone who supports amnestying law breakers.
Of course it is not monolithic. It is only about 70% Democrat leaning. When Obama does his thing this month and the Republicans denounce it and veer to the extreme, it may be even larger.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or