U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 08:36 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,977,657 times

Advertisements

Obama has an agenda and Congress is a nuisance to be ignored by him.

He had said he was going to do with even with a Dem Senate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 09:29 AM

5,200 posts, read 4,114,453 times
Default We don't have a immigration problem, we have a criminal entry problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I am pretty sure at over the last decade or so, thinking people have run out of patience with the GOP lying about wanting to develop and comprehensive Immigration package.

We don't need no stinkin' package. We have fine laws in place, we just need someone with cojones to enforce those laws,
and kick those criminaliens out of our country.

Old 11-08-2014, 09:34 AM

10,400 posts, read 8,365,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
WASHINGTON (AP) -- A White House lunch aiming for cooperation boiled into a fresh dispute with newly empowered Republicans over immigration reform Friday, with GOP leaders warning President Barack Obama to his face not to take unilateral action. The president stood unflinchingly by his plan to act.

Immigration dispute erupts at White House lunch

Uh; Mr President; you may be the POTUS but, you really need to listen to the American people. Most of us DON'T want any kind of amnesty for illegal aliens.
The heck with a "dispute"...I'd like to see a fistfight like they do in the Korea.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHMrgwAuJ_U

Old 11-08-2014, 09:57 AM

3,858 posts, read 3,167,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
I hope our time isn't wasted with impeachment hearings, the House and the Senate have bills on their desks ready to be worked on including an illegal immigration bill that hasnt even reached Obamas desk. It's time for the parties to quit playing chicken, grow a set, and go to work for the American people. If they screw around for the next two years, nobody wins, except them.
That all depends on our dictator Obama, Obama is not a king and can't do whatever he wants.

We have checks and balances in our government, and Obama is going to be checked, balanced AND IMPEACHED if he continues down this absolutely stupid path to benefit foreign CRIMINAL invaders.

Bring it !!!!

Old 11-08-2014, 10:11 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,312,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
That all depends on our dictator Obama, Obama is not a king and can't do whatever he wants.

We have checks and balances in our government, and Obama is going to be checked, balanced AND IMPEACHED if he continues down this absolutely stupid path to benefit foreign CRIMINAL invaders.

Bring it !!!!
IMHO Obama won't last out his term as POTUS. Either he's step down or he'll wind up sick and be forced to hand over his powers.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:19 AM

9,191 posts, read 18,544,616 times
Quote:
IMHO Obama won't last out his term as POTUS. Either he's step down or he'll wind up sick and be forced to hand over his powers.
Hmmmm...........................interesting and very attractive concept.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:27 AM

14,096 posts, read 9,827,838 times
Quote:
Oh, I want him to finish. The last thing needed is to turn him into a martyr. Plus that means giving Uncle Joe the keys to the helm.
Moderator - Asia, Kentucky, Lexington, and Louisville

Old 11-08-2014, 10:33 AM

31,770 posts, read 14,639,851 times
Quote:
You're right: it's def time to come down harder on illegal aliens and their fans. But; will the Repubs have to balls to do the right thing here? I'll believe it when I see it.
If the Neocons have their say they won't do the right thing. They mistakenly think they will garner more of the Hispanic vote by passing amnesty aka CIR. I just hope that the anti-amnesty GOPers over rule them and do the right thing. Put forth a bill that mandates e-verify across the board, deny illegal aliens any taxpayer benefits in this country and get to work on getting birthright citizenship re-defined. Now that's reform that makes sense.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:49 AM

25,631 posts, read 29,167,186 times
Turning off rhetoric for a moment:

Obama has the ability and the tools to turn his Presidency around this last two years for the better of the Country and quite possible the world.

I suspect however this Greek Tragedy that is his Presidency will continue given his displayed behavior.

Can he be the bigger man by rising above it all and turning over a new leaf? I doubt it but stranger things have happend.

He is too entrenched in his own ideology and the current yes men whispering in his ear will advise him no differently.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:53 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,986,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
From the article:

"He (Obama) underscored his intent to act on his own by the end of the year if they don't approve legislation to ease deportations before then and send it to him to sign".

Obama already did that all on his own. He instructed Homeland Security not to deport any illegal aliens unless that were "convicted" of a crime. So, just what is it that he is asking of the Republicans? Does he want criminal illegal aliens to be able to remain here to now?
He wants his democratic (losing) supporters to force something through prior to the republicans actually taking power or presenting him with a bill that he would have to veto. Hence his insistence on going around congress. If a bill is presented to him, no matter how much support it has, that does not meet his egotistical choices, he will veto it. If it not his way, no way.

Perhaps he should remember what he said. Elections have consequences and he lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or