U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 07:42 AM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I disagree.
We need action.
1. Raise the bar for minimum requirement.
a. Be able to show a minimum income of say $45,000. for unsponsored applicants.
b. English language, Verbal, read and write.
c. Have skills we need as a nation.
d. Sponsors need to show an income of $60,000.00 and be required to take financial responsibility even after a divorce until the immigrant is either financially able to care for themselves or remarry.
e. End birthright citizenship.
f. Remove the redundancy of the process. Streamline it and make it more efficient.
g.Make E-Verify the law of the land, with stiff penalties including jail time for all offenders.
h. Seize the assets of all illegals caught to help offset the cost of their deportation.
i. As in other countries, criminal behavior by an immigrant result in automatic deportation upon conviction. No matter what the crime. Alert the nation of origin of the conviction. The problem is theirs.
The poster I was replying to I took as "meaningful" action was granting amnesty. I disagreed with that. Yes, we do need action and I agree with the points you made above because those are "meaningful" actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2014, 08:43 AM

1,923 posts, read 2,245,381 times
Give Obama just a bit of slack. His party just lost big time in Congress, so much so that the house will likely be very republican for a very long time. It's not a surprise he's a bit testy and his patience is gone.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:03 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,884,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The poster I was replying to I took as "meaningful" action was granting amnesty. I disagreed with that. Yes, we do need action and I agree with the points you made above because those are "meaningful" actions.
I know that you do. I was simply trying to highlight your point.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:36 AM

29,931 posts, read 34,535,636 times
Sometimes you just need a good old fist fight to clear the air.
Then you go drink Bourbon.

I take Cruz in 3 rounds over Obama.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:05 AM

14,222 posts, read 7,406,947 times
Quote:
The president stood unflinchingly by his plan to act.
This is why only natural citizens should be allowed to be pres.. he just doesnt understand America.. this is not a dictatorship.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:42 PM

3,533 posts, read 2,171,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
When do people who work for the Govt get tired of his dictator ways and refuse to obey?
When their union tells them it's OK

Old 11-13-2014, 08:28 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,291,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Turning off rhetoric for a moment:

Obama has the ability and the tools to turn his Presidency around this last two years for the better of the Country and quite possible the world.

I suspect however this Greek Tragedy that is his Presidency will continue given his displayed behavior.

Can he be the bigger man by rising above it all and turning over a new leaf? I doubt it but stranger things have happend.

He is too entrenched in his own ideology and the current yes men whispering in his ear will advise him no differently.
Oh I would like to believe in what you said. But too many of us know Obama by this time. Obama has the ability and the tools needed to turn his presidency around the last few years for the better.

But this is Obama we speak of, and he won't. Obama does what Obama wants to do. Obama's right and the rest of the Country is wrong.

He will step over any toes to get what he wants. He is a bully if ever I had seen one. A child-like in mature baby, who cries and has tantrums, when he does not get his way, or as he see's himself as a loser not a winner.

Obama is not a bigger man, but a coward, who believes in only his own ideology, and to hell with everyone else. As a Country, we truly cannot afford for his latest fiasco, the Country will go down hill faster then imagined. What did I hear today 5 million illegals. Oh that is just grand.

This President can play his own games, and brainwash, his supporters in believing that he would work with the other side, those were never his warp intentions.

All part of that evil agenda of his, and by gosh, he will see to it that this happens. He is not getting even with Republicans for losing last week. He is setting the Country as a whole to fail.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:57 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,162,024 times
Let this traitor throw his tantrums and watch the impeachment movement gather momentum and throw his last 2 years into a trainwreck even greater than his first 6 years.

Old 11-13-2014, 10:04 PM

37,998 posts, read 18,949,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Republicans have had at least 14 years to send an immigration bill forward. It failed to do so though Bush urged it and it failed under Obama as well. This is about corporate profits. US business is anxious to get on with this - there are thousands upon thousands of foreigners out there willing to do your job for less if they can only be legally admitted. Republicans are caught between their donors in the Chamber of Commerce and their right flank. In the end, they will do the right thing - rant, rave, blame Obama but take no meaningful action.
Well if you knew what you were talking about... first, there are democrats and republicans so why blame R's? Because they didn't agree without question?

1. Democrats want to keep the border open,
2. give law breakers a pass,
3. then more illegals flood in,
4. wash and repeat.

Old 11-14-2014, 07:15 AM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
I am still waiting to hear what "meaningful" action is. Thousands and thousands of illegal aliens willing to do our jobs for less is exactly why legalization/amnesty is the wrong thing for the American worker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or