U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2014, 11:01 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I have some liberal relatives that you just can't get through to. No matter what facts you present to them they still let their emotions rule rather than common sense. For example, they spout the ole pro-illegal line that they are only here to do jobs that Americans won't do. I bring up the construction industry for example pointing out that Americans have always done those jobs....a blank stare. They say things like well Mexicans can't help that they were born on the other side of the line. I point out that every country has borders aka lines in the sand and every country has immigration laws for good reasons. If we disregard our borders aka the so-called line in the sand we would have 2 billion impoverished flooding our shores.....a blank stare. I point out the ID thefts....a blank stare (or worse yet they say well Americans commit ID theft also). These are the same people who are constantly criticizing rich corporations for hiring them. When I ask why would you want these illegals to stay here and make them richer then?.....a blank stare.

In their particular state I even forwarded them via e-mail a site showing how much of their tax dollars go towards supporting illegal aliens....no response whatsoever. They talk about humanness by granting them amnesty and I counter with "what about humanness towards your fellow citizens"?....a blank stare. I could probably give other examples of their complete cluelessness based on emotion but you get my drift. Part of the reason I participate in these types of forums is to try and make them see the truth. I am beginning to think they are unreachable.
I'm running into that "blank stare" thing too. Especially that bit about NOT finding Americans or at least legal aliens to work the farms. Def black stare when I remind those people that 95 percent of illegals DON'T work in the fields.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2014, 11:19 AM

31,486 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I'm running into that "blank stare" thing too. Especially that bit about NOT finding Americans or at least legal aliens to work the farms. Def black stare when I remind those people that 95 percent of illegals DON'T work in the fields.
Yes, that's another one that I forgot to mention. They think most of them are picking crops. Nothing could be further from the truth and as I have often stated there are unlimited visas for that type of work.

Old 11-09-2014, 09:39 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,080,023 times
You're doing god's work, Oldglory.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:02 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Yes, that's another one that I forgot to mention. They think most of them are picking crops. Nothing could be further from the truth and as I have often stated there are unlimited visas for that type of work.
LOL I had one Lib try to tell me that illegals are a net gain and if we deport them then milk will be $20 a gal. Lettuce $5 a head and beef would be $10.00 a pound. They really believe their own myths.

Old 11-09-2014, 11:34 PM

4,909 posts, read 3,486,368 times
Quote:
Also forgot to mention:

1. Illegals who enter the country have not been background checked or medical checked, have not provided information re: the education, residency, employment or skill history.

2. In 2013 ICE released 36,000 convicted criminal aliens from detention:
ICE Document Details 36,000 Criminal Alien Releases in 2013 | Center for Immigration Studies

3. A nation that cannot secure its own borders is not a sovereign nation

4. A porous border provides an entry point for potential terrorists

5. How many poor, unskilled, uneducated, unbackground checked, unmedical checked people does this country need? 11 million? 25 milion? 100 million? Where do you draw the line? Will we EVER draw a line?

6. It is unfair to allow illegal immigrants to jump the line, when millions of people all over the world have filled out paperwork, gotten finger printed, had their medical checks, submitted a good deal of money, traveled to multiple interviews, and waited (sometimes for years) in line, because they followed the rule of law

7. A law breaker is a law breaker is a law breaker. Illegals cost American taxpayers millions of dollars each year in increased education, health care, insurance, law enforcement costs. To name only a few. They don't care about that increased burden on US taxpayers. They want what they want. They want to be here, won't pay the money, won't wait in line, won't learn the language.

This from a previous legal immigrant, now American citizen.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:31 AM

31,486 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
LOL I had one Lib try to tell me that illegals are a net gain and if we deport them then milk will be $20 a gal. Lettuce $5 a head and beef would be $10.00 a pound. They really believe their own myths.
Recently in another forum I had one tell me that bread would be $20 a loaf without illegal alien labor. I'm not sure if they really believe these myths or they just make them up to justify their support for illegal aliens.

Old 11-10-2014, 09:43 AM

9,191 posts, read 18,519,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post

5. How many poor, unskilled, uneducated, unbackground checked, unmedical checked people does this country need? 11 million? 25 milion? 100 million? Where do you draw the line? Will we EVER draw a line?

6. It is unfair to allow illegal immigrants to jump the line, when millions of people all over the world have filled out paperwork, gotten finger printed, had their medical checks, submitted a good deal of money, traveled to multiple interviews, and waited (sometimes for years) in line, because they followed the rule of law

This from a previous legal immigrant, now American citizen.
Especially 6. Everybody like you who has done it the right/legal way should be ticked off to the max.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:42 AM

7,074 posts, read 4,573,351 times
Quote:
I could probably give other examples of their complete cluelessness based on emotion but you get my drift. Part of the reason I participate in these types of forums is to try and make them see the truth. I am beginning to think they are unreachable.
A wink is as good as a nod to a blind horse.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:26 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Recently in another forum I had one tell me that bread would be $20 a loaf without illegal alien labor. I'm not sure if they really believe these myths or they just make them up to justify their support for illegal aliens.
Some people really believe that bit. About the ONLY time food goes crazy high dollar is during a famine AND where the people in charge DON'T let food in from other places. Kinda like the English against Ireland during the Potato Famine.

Old 11-10-2014, 07:18 PM

24,885 posts, read 11,605,138 times
Im probably labeled as "extreme psycho democrat/liberal" by a few folks on here, so let me answer this.

Not all liberals or democrats think illegal immigration is OK. In fact a large % don't. But its one of the ways democratic politicians get money from big business who uses illegal immigrants in some districts.

I for one am all for enforcing our laws, deporting these folks, and implementing strict employment laws to punish those who employ them.

I will admit I feel for kids, especially those who believed they were legal citizens, and im all for giving immigration judges some latitude regarding Americanized children who grew up here. But not too much. And their parents need to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or