U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 09:10 PM

4,675 posts, read 4,013,149 times

Advertisements

I don't care about illegal immigration because I don't see a serious problem. There are at least 200,000 illegal immigrants here in Chicago and the city isn't burning down over it. Illegal immigrants pay taxes, with that money sometimes going to things that they can't ever use. I think the supposed costs of illegal immigration that are stated in circle-jerk places like Fox News or this very forum are overstated and still pale in comparison to the money that our government wastes on many other things.

It's also way too hard for foreigners to come here and work legally. I'm not saying open the floodgates, but as it stands the limit on unskilled immigrants is way too low. I imagine in many cases, illegal immigration is tolerated by politicians because it's harder to actually pass a desired change to our immigration laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2014, 10:45 PM

8,195 posts, read 10,208,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Only 3% of illegals are picking crops and we have unlimited visas for that so it has little to do with the farmers but mostly other blue collared jobs and many of employers are Democrats.

Job openings aren't posted because they don't want American workers especially in construction. They would have to pay a fair wage. Please post a link that shows that black Americans don't want amnesty. If they don't they sure aren't being very vocal about it. No, they pretty much follow the Democrat's views as do Hispanics.
Your Republican farmer friends DO NOT want to hire American citizens point blank.

Black Americans on this very forum are vocal about illegal immigration

Old 11-11-2014, 11:03 PM

11,485 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I don't care about illegal immigration because I don't see a serious problem. There are at least 200,000 illegal immigrants here in Chicago and the city isn't burning down over it. Illegal immigrants pay taxes, with that money sometimes going to things that they can't ever use. I think the supposed costs of illegal immigration that are stated in circle-jerk places like Fox News or this very forum are overstated and still pale in comparison to the money that our government wastes on many other things.

It's also way too hard for foreigners to come here and work legally. I'm not saying open the floodgates, but as it stands the limit on unskilled immigrants is way too low. I imagine in many cases, illegal immigration is tolerated by politicians because it's harder to actually pass a desired change to our immigration laws.
If you don't see illegal immigration as a "serious problem", then you aren't paying attention.

Illegal aliens are parasites who take far, far more than they give. Consider yourself fortunate that you live in a neighborhood that hasn't been devastated by illegal immigration.

I suggest that you take the time to research the harm that illegal immigration has done to this country.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:07 AM

31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:

Sorry to hear that millions of illegal aliens invading our country and sucking up our jobs, taxes and overcrowding our schools, jails and hospitals is not a serious problem to you.

Illegal aliens may pay sales taxes but many if not most don't pay income taxes. They send much of their earnings out of our country which isn't spent in our economy. There are many viable sources proving that they are a burden rather than a benefit to our country other than the main stream media. What our government wastes on other things has nothing to do with this issue. All waste should be eliminated but we sure shouldn't be spending our tax dollars on illegal foreigners.

We allow in 1 million immigrants a year so it can't be that hard. The problem is that those coming here illegally are poor, uneducated and unskilled and therefore we don't allow them to come here legally because they are a burden to our country. We have enough of our own poor needing jobs that we can't produce and that require government subsidies to survive aka our tax dollars.

No change to our immigration laws, policies or quotas are needed based on the above. We need to enforce our immigration laws that are on the books already.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:11 AM

31,471 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Your Republican farmer friends DO NOT want to hire American citizens point blank.

Black Americans on this very forum are vocal about illegal immigration
Where do you get the idea that all farmers are Republicans? Many businesses ran by a Democrat hire illegal aliens also and they are the ones demanding amnesty not the GOP. No need to hire Americans to pick crops. There are unlimited visas for legal, foreign workers for those jobs.

We may have some black Americans who are vocal on this forum about illegal immigration but overall the majority of blacks are not and that's just a fact.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:15 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:

With so many Americans who CAN'T find work; that bit about employers finding it hard to get help I believe at all. The REAL reason dirty employers like illegal aliens is because they can be screwed over and can't fight back. US citizens WILL fight back if abused.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:55 AM

33,949 posts, read 32,379,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I would seriously like an answer to this question as I've never once seen them explain it properly on any news venue. If you're not in the country legally then you shouldn't be here! Is this so hard to understand? Our country has enough problems as it is we cannot even handle millions and millions of more people. Look at how overpopulated some areas have already become. We don't even have enough living wage jobs for the people that are already here. What's going to happen when a terrorist comes through the Mexican border? From what I have read a certain percentage of people that come through the Mexican border aren't even from Mexico.
Power. Power for Democrats to stay in office. Power for their crony union leaders to increase the sagging numbers of dues paying members. Power for the Catholic Church to also increase sagging numbers of parishioners and numbers of priests and nuns. And if you think only Republican led Corporations and small businesses want cheap labor, you'd be wrong.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:00 AM

17,022 posts, read 9,066,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Shrug. they can cry all they want, their parents while adults committed criminal acts. The children are occasionally innocent victims. Giving a judge latitude for children who have spent the majority of their years here is reasonable. Tough luck on the parents, they are more then welcome to accompany them back home.

Yes, their parents victimized them.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:04 AM

10,395 posts, read 8,346,895 times
Liberalism is a mental disorder...

Old 11-12-2014, 10:11 AM

17,022 posts, read 9,066,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
It is not just democrats.

How many Republicans support amnesty?

Mostly all,esp Mitch and Boenner.

Why? A lot of the farmers who hire illegals are Republican.
Many repubs do not believe they should pay fair wages.

Think about this: When was the last time you saw a job opening for picking fruit,or even construction?

I agree with some Republicans and no amnesty.

Also,i am not sure if you guys know but a majority of black americans do not WANT amnesty.
I am not sure why the media likes to hide that one.
Black people have the MOST to lose from illegal immigration

There is no black and brown unity like Democrats claim

I see construction openings very often.
Have also during the past two decades seen many filled with illegals and have left employers for it.

As far as the effect on blacks you are correct.
The illegals make less openings available and on several jobs I have had the blacks employed there come & complain to me about the illegals.

Most illegals and even some legals have very little education. Grade school or a year or two in middle school grades are the highest many have gone in their education. Some have not even finished Grade school.

That last bit of info gleaned from speaking to them (the ones that have bothered to speak English) over the years.

I work what can be a very dangerous job and lack of good communication can easily get someone killed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or