Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 10:23 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Im probably labeled as "extreme psycho democrat/liberal" by a few folks on here, so let me answer this.

Not all liberals or democrats think illegal immigration is OK. In fact a large % don't. But its one of the ways democratic politicians get money from big business who uses illegal immigrants in some districts.

I for one am all for enforcing our laws, deporting these folks, and implementing strict employment laws to punish those who employ them.

I will admit I feel for kids, especially those who believed they were legal citizens, and im all for giving immigration judges some latitude regarding Americanized children who grew up here. But not too much. And their parents need to go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
It is not just democrats.

How many Republicans support amnesty?

Mostly all,esp Mitch and Boenner.

Why? A lot of the farmers who hire illegals are Republican.
Many repubs do not believe they should pay fair wages.

Think about this: When was the last time you saw a job opening for picking fruit,or even construction?

I agree with some Republicans and no amnesty.

Also,i am not sure if you guys know but a majority of black americans do not WANT amnesty.
I am not sure why the media likes to hide that one.
Black people have the MOST to lose from illegal immigration

There is no black and brown unity like Democrats claim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Only 3% of illegals are picking crops and we have unlimited visas for that so it has little to do with the farmers but mostly other blue collared jobs and many of employers are Democrats.

Job openings aren't posted because they don't want American workers especially in construction. They would have to pay a fair wage. Please post a link that shows that black Americans don't want amnesty. If they don't they sure aren't being very vocal about it. No, they pretty much follow the Democrat's views as do Hispanics.

Yet we see the claim that a large percentage of Dems/libs are not in favor.
We know all don't but none of them are vocal about it, just the opposite is what we hear in defense of illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 10:25 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I don't care about illegal immigration because I don't see a serious problem. There are at least 200,000 illegal immigrants here in Chicago and the city isn't burning down over it. Illegal immigrants pay taxes, with that money sometimes going to things that they can't ever use. I think the supposed costs of illegal immigration that are stated in circle-jerk places like Fox News or this very forum are overstated and still pale in comparison to the money that our government wastes on many other things.

It's also way too hard for foreigners to come here and work legally. I'm not saying open the floodgates, but as it stands the limit on unskilled immigrants is way too low. I imagine in many cases, illegal immigration is tolerated by politicians because it's harder to actually pass a desired change to our immigration laws.

How many unemployed in Chicago could use some of those jobs that some of the 200,000 hold instead?
How many are not paying hospital bills that affect us all?

Yet you see no serious problem.

I have done the jobs that those that support illegal entry say no American will do.
There is no such job.

Old 11-12-2014, 01:59 PM

31,036 posts, read 22,070,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Im probably labeled as "extreme psycho democrat/liberal" by a few folks on here, so let me answer this.

Not all liberals or democrats think illegal immigration is OK. In fact a large % don't. But its one of the ways democratic politicians get money from big business who uses illegal immigrants in some districts.

I for one am all for enforcing our laws, deporting these folks, and implementing strict employment laws to punish those who employ them.

I will admit I feel for kids, especially those who believed they were legal citizens, and im all for giving immigration judges some latitude regarding Americanized children who grew up here. But not too much. And their parents need to go.
I would agree there is some compassion that should be had in many cases, but not 11 million. The compassion goes out the window with the parents who snuck in illegally, then had children here. They created their situation and are paying the penalty. We have problems at home that need to be addressed before we can save the world.

Old 11-12-2014, 03:50 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,442,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Sorry to hear that millions of illegal aliens invading our country and sucking up our jobs, taxes and overcrowding our schools, jails and hospitals is not a serious problem to you.

Illegal aliens may pay sales taxes but many if not most don't pay income taxes. They send much of their earnings out of our country which isn't spent in our economy. There are many viable sources proving that they are a burden rather than a benefit to our country other than the main stream media. What our government wastes on other things has nothing to do with this issue. All waste should be eliminated but we sure shouldn't be spending our tax dollars on illegal foreigners.

We allow in 1 million immigrants a year so it can't be that hard. The problem is that those coming here illegally are poor, uneducated and unskilled and therefore we don't allow them to come here legally because they are a burden to our country. We have enough of our own poor needing jobs that we can't produce and that require government subsidies to survive aka our tax dollars.

No change to our immigration laws, policies or quotas are needed based on the above. We need to enforce our immigration laws that are on the books already.

You could say all of this for people who are legal residents, too. There was a time when these were all complaints about legal immigrants.

The only difference between a legal resident and an illegal alien is a law. It's circular logic, saying that illegal immigrants are bad because they're illegal. I don't really care what the law has to say, I only care about what is morally right, and I don't see a moral wrong by someone sneaking across the border to feed his family. They're not monsters just for disobeying our government.

The amount of money IS an issue. How many billions should be spent securing our borders versus educating our children?

The argument that they take our jobs goes against free-market principles. You can't simultaneously claim to be a capitalist with no qualifications (as many conservatives do) while saying that the government should act to restrict labor force to help our unskilled workers.

Old 11-12-2014, 04:00 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
You could say all of this for people who are legal residents, too. There was a time when these were all complaints about legal immigrants.

The only difference between a legal resident and an illegal alien is a law. It's circular logic, saying that illegal immigrants are bad because they're illegal. I don't really care what the law has to say, I only care about what is morally right, and I don't see a moral wrong by someone sneaking across the border to feed his family. They're not monsters just for disobeying our government.

The amount of money IS an issue. How many billions should be spent securing our borders versus educating our children?

The argument that they take our jobs goes against free-market principles. You can't simultaneously claim to be a capitalist with no qualifications (as many conservatives do) while saying that the government should act to restrict labor force to help our unskilled workers.
Stop it, please. NO country allows illegal immigration and ALL countries have the right to secure their borders. Otherwise we're talking war here and THAT can get ugly real fast.

Old 11-12-2014, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Stop it, please. NO country allows illegal immigration and ALL countries have the right to secure their borders. Otherwise we're talking war here and THAT can get ugly real fast.
"NO country allows illegal immigration"
Absolutely and it would assure their destruction
We would cease to exist with an open border policy, and amensty for all 11 million Illegals would just encourage the next 111 million which has the same affect. It would be our suicide

Old 11-12-2014, 04:28 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
Quote:

Enough already!

So, what other laws do you so freely discard? Illegal immigration is NOT "morally right". In fact, illegal aliens lack a moral compass and also lack a conscience.

As for "feed[ing] his family"---gimme a break! Have you looked at some of these illegals who sneak across the border? I can assure you that they are not starving to death. If they were, there would be no way they could make it across a hot, dry desert.

Not to mention that illegals who are visa overstayers are also not starving.

Did you know that many illegals had jobs in their own countries but quit them to sneak in here when they heard what minimum wage is? They thought that they would get rich if they come here.

Whatever it costs to secure our borders, it will be money well spent. You talk about educating our children. Illegal aliens are NOT "our children". In fact, our children's education suffers when a school is overwhelmed by the kids of illegals. Even though some of these kids are anchor babies, they still come to school not knowing a word of English plus the Spanish they do know is atrocious. Teachers have to spend time with these kids while "our children" get the short shrift.

Illegal aliens have no business being here. Your lack of compassion for Americans is astounding. So many Americans in the construction fields have lost their livelihoods because they couldn't compete with sleazy contractors who hire illegals and pay under the table.

Old 11-12-2014, 04:31 PM

Quote:

"I don't really care what the law has to say, I only care about what is morally right, and I don't see a moral wrong by someone sneaking across the border to feed his family. They're not monsters just for disobeying our government"

And when would you propose it stop? 11 Million? 50 million? That is the problem with outright Amnesty, there is no end.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 11-12-2014 at 05:34 PM..

Old 11-12-2014, 04:40 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,406,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I would seriously like an answer to this question as I've never once seen them explain it properly on any news venue. If you're not in the country legally then you shouldn't be here! Is this so hard to understand? Our country has enough problems as it is we cannot even handle millions and millions of more people. Look at how overpopulated some areas have already become. We don't even have enough living wage jobs for the people that are already here. What's going to happen when a terrorist comes through the Mexican border? From what I have read a certain percentage of people that come through the Mexican border aren't even from Mexico.
No brainer; they need more voters, because their current domestic population of voters comprised of Starbucks drinking Liberals in San Francisco are leaving them. Hence, they need the votes, and what better way to get them then bringing in poor kids from war torn and hellish countries and promising them everything in the world, as long as they "vote blue". And then, the next generations of those illegals will look at Obama and all the other demoRATS as "angels" for letting them in for nothing, and so on and so on.

Summed up in one word; Votes.

Old 11-12-2014, 04:41 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:

So what? Those people are all dead now. No one can speak for them. Today most Americans don't have a problem with legal immigrants just those here illegally. Yeah, the difference is the law and it's a BIG difference! Anyone who violates laws can't be of good character. It's not up to you to decide what is morally or even legally wrong. Laws whether you like them or not are in place and for good reasons and they make those decisions.

While they sneak across the border to feed their families they are taking food off the table from American families who have lost their jobs to them had their wages reduced or had their taxes go through the roof supporting them or doesn't that matter? They need to seek change in their own countries not come here and take what doesn't belong to them from the rightful citizens and legal immigrants of this country.

Securing our borders is necessary because of the above and because terrorists and criminals are coming here also through our border. We can't educate our children because of the necessity to secure our borders? Yet you don't mind illegals depleting our tax coffers which means less for our own? Isn't that the same thing? I'm not following you here.

There are no free market principles that allow employers to hire illegal aliens nor should there be. Capitalism has nothing to do with it. We shouldn't put our own Americans first in regards to job opportunities? Really? I'm done debating with you. It just makes me angry to read the types of posts like yours and I don't want to get in trouble here. Bye.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration