U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 04:49 PM

523 posts, read 579,993 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I don't care about illegal immigration because I don't see a serious problem. There are at least 200,000 illegal immigrants here in Chicago and the city isn't burning down over it. Illegal immigrants pay taxes, with that money sometimes going to things that they can't ever use. I think the supposed costs of illegal immigration that are stated in circle-jerk places like Fox News or this very forum are overstated and still pale in comparison to the money that our government wastes on many other things.

It's also way too hard for foreigners to come here and work legally. I'm not saying open the floodgates, but as it stands the limit on unskilled immigrants is way too low. I imagine in many cases, illegal immigration is tolerated by politicians because it's harder to actually pass a desired change to our immigration laws.
HAHAHHA. The irony. Funny how you imply there's nothing wrong with Chicago... even though it's one of the, if not the most BROKE, DEADLY, AND CORRUPT cities in the nation, and Illinois, which is the state with the worst job creation/ growth in the entire midwest, in the top 5 for most corruption on the state level, and the 2nd highest property taxes in the union. Hell, we're now considering BANKRUPTCY on the state level. You know, like DETROIT. You're telling me that is sign of a city/state doing "just fine"? And do you HONESTLY think that those issue have been getting resolved with the influx of illegals coming in in droves? No. In correlation to the boom in illegals and the financial structure of Chicago and Illinois, the opposite is apparent; more illegals=more debt, taxpayer money, and closer to being broke. Look at the nearly all hispanic areas of Chicago; there are some of the most violent and poor. Little Village, Humboldt Park, Gage Park, etc. These are ALL drug Oasis's and warzones. Nothing about these places shows viable growth in the present, nor in the near and distant future.

And are you kidding me? McDonalds, Walmart, and a number of other fast food/ grocery chains have AFFIRMATIVE ACTION specifically for illegals and criminals to get jobs. Illegals are employed all over the place by companies, and of course, this isn't even counting the illegals getting funded by our own damn taxpayers who fund their utilities and other daily crap, like EBT cards, section 8, you name it.

Illegals should NOT be able to work. Why? THEY'RE F'ING ILLEGALS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 06:39 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCrest182 View Post
HAHAHHA. The irony. Funny how you imply there's nothing wrong with Chicago... even though it's one of the, if not the most BROKE, DEADLY, AND CORRUPT cities in the nation, and Illinois, which is the state with the worst job creation/ growth in the entire midwest, in the top 5 for most corruption on the state level, and the 2nd highest property taxes in the union. Hell, we're now considering BANKRUPTCY on the state level. You know, like DETROIT. You're telling me that is sign of a city/state doing "just fine"? And do you HONESTLY think that those issue have been getting resolved with the influx of illegals coming in in droves? No. In correlation to the boom in illegals and the financial structure of Chicago and Illinois, the opposite is apparent; more illegals=more debt, taxpayer money, and closer to being broke. Look at the nearly all hispanic areas of Chicago; there are some of the most violent and poor. Little Village, Humboldt Park, Gage Park, etc. These are ALL drug Oasis's and warzones. Nothing about these places shows viable growth in the present, nor in the near and distant future.

And are you kidding me? McDonalds, Walmart, and a number of other fast food/ grocery chains have AFFIRMATIVE ACTION specifically for illegals and criminals to get jobs. Illegals are employed all over the place by companies, and of course, this isn't even counting the illegals getting funded by our own damn taxpayers who fund their utilities and other daily crap, like EBT cards, section 8, you name it.

Agreed tho isn't Humboldt Park mostly Puerto Rican? ALL PR's are US citizens and word is many of them HATE even Hispanic illegal aliens.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:12 PM

11,488 posts, read 5,511,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed tho isn't Humboldt Park mostly Puerto Rican? ALL PR's are US citizens and word is many of them HATE even Hispanic illegal aliens.
So very true.

Hispanic illegals covet Puerto Rican birth certificates. Many Puerto Ricans have been victims of ID theft by illegals. Some have been wrongly arrested because an illegal was using their ID. The Puerto Rican government had to take the unprecedented step of declaring all Puerto Rican issued birth certificates null and void. Now when native born PRs need a copy of their birth certificate, they have to jump through hoops to get a secured copy. As a result, many Puerto Ricans hate and resent Hispanic illegals. Of course there are exceptions to this rule---the little traitor Luis Gutierrez being one of them.

Old 11-12-2014, 07:47 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
So very true.

Hispanic illegals covet Puerto Rican birth certificates. Many Puerto Ricans have been victims of ID theft by illegals. Some have been wrongly arrested because an illegal was using their ID. The Puerto Rican government had to take the unprecedented step of declaring all Puerto Rican issued birth certificates null and void. Now when native born PRs need a copy of their birth certificate, they have to jump through hoops to get a secured copy. As a result, many Puerto Ricans hate and resent Hispanic illegals. Of course there are exceptions to this rule---the little traitor Luis Gutierrez being one of them.
You've said that before. A Puerto Rican having that "magic" Hispanic name AND being an automatic US citizen is gold for most illegal aliens from LatAm.

Old 11-12-2014, 08:45 PM

5,640 posts, read 16,929,451 times
Spouse works in a company where they hire lots of foreigners. Many end up getting citizenship eventually, the legal way. And it costs them thousands and thousands of dollars and takes many years. And the whole sham-nesty thing really steams them. That is NO WAY being fair to give amnesty to cheap labor.

Old 11-12-2014, 10:22 PM

523 posts, read 579,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You are correct. HP is a Puerto Rican hood. My mistake.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:24 PM

4,679 posts, read 4,014,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCrest182 View Post

I didn't say there was anything wrong with Chicago, I said that illegal immigrants are among the least of the problems here.

The vast majority of criminals in Mexican neighborhoods like Little Village are people who are here legally. There has been Mexican immigration here for a loooong time and fresh immigrants aren't the ones joining gangs. It's funny you'd mention Humboldt Park, because all of the crime there is from blacks and Puerto Ricans who are all American citizens.

Old 11-12-2014, 11:28 PM

4,679 posts, read 4,014,310 times
Quote:
Enough already!

So, what other laws do you so freely discard? Illegal immigration is NOT "morally right". In fact, illegal aliens lack a moral compass and also lack a conscience.
Everyone breaks laws. Have you ever rolled through a stoplight? Did you not have a drop of alcohol until you were 21? If you could make 3X the amount of money by moving somewhere you weren't supposed to, wouldn't you consider it?

Quote:
Whatever it costs to secure our borders, it will be money well spent.
Absolutely false. If it can be well-proven that illegal immigration costs $300 million per year, spending more than $300 million per year to stop it would be a waste. Spending $300 million to stop 3/4 of it would also be a waste.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:45 AM

11,488 posts, read 5,511,317 times
I love how invasion cheerleaders bring up traffic violations and compare them to illegal immigration. First of all, I make every effort to obey traffic laws. If I do get lead-footed and get stopped by the police, well, then, I deserved to be stopped and will pay the consequences for doing so.

Funny that you should bring up alcohol. When I came of age the drinking was 18. So, yes, I legally imbibed when I was under 21

Illegal aliens don't care about violating numerous laws. It just doesn't stop at illegal immgiration. Once here, they do one of the following---1) Engage in ID theft; 2) Use a fake SSN that may well belong to someone living or; 3) Get paid under the table.

No, I would NEVER be an illegal alien in another country. You see, doing so for me would weigh heavily on my conscience. Unlike the millions of illegal aliens in this country, I was raised with a moral compass and taught to obey the law.

Securing our borders is indeed well worth the money. Any measure that will stop or drastically slow illegal immigration is NOT a waste. Illegal aliens are parasites and leeches. Getting rid of them means that there is more money for our own poor.

Oh...and you are very, very wrong if you think that illegal aliens are not in gangs. Do some research.

No one said that we don't have homegrown criminal lowlifes. We have enough trouble dealing with them, we don't need to add any more.

Old 11-13-2014, 06:28 AM

8,195 posts, read 10,212,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We shouldn't put our own Americans first in regards to job opportunities?
I think we should get rid of HB visas too
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or