Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 10:00 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,770,956 times

Advertisements

I would seriously like an answer to this question as I've never once seen them explain it properly on any news venue. If you're not in the country legally then you shouldn't be here! Is this so hard to understand? Our country has enough problems as it is we cannot even handle millions and millions of more people. Look at how overpopulated some areas have already become. We don't even have enough living wage jobs for the people that are already here. What's going to happen when a terrorist comes through the Mexican border? From what I have read a certain percentage of people that come through the Mexican border aren't even from Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2014, 10:09 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,820,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I would seriously like an answer to this question as I've never once seen them explain it properly on any news venue. If you're not in the country legally then you shouldn't be here! Is this so hard to understand? Our country has enough problems as it is we cannot even handle millions and millions of more people. Look at how overpopulated some areas have already become. We don't even have enough living wage jobs for the people that are already here. What's going to happen when a terrorist comes through the Mexican border? From what I have read a certain percentage of people that come through the Mexican border aren't even from Mexico.
Agreed.

Tho illegal aliens are lawbreakers off the bat so; it's no big deal to their kind to break more laws to "survive" in the US. It ain't a "race" thing either; I know of a woman from Europe, blond hair and blue eyes who's here illegally and I want her butt GONE! She's NO better than a short Indian from Guatemala IF that Indian's also an illegal alien.

Old 11-08-2014, 11:12 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,479,855 times
'Cause it makes them feel good.

Old 11-08-2014, 12:47 PM

1,718 posts, read 1,046,878 times

Old 11-08-2014, 10:22 PM

22,282 posts, read 11,778,782 times
Somewhere along the line, democrats lost their way.

Today's democrats are NOT your grandfather's democrats. Democrats of yore truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Those democrats of yore would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either seeing their wages depressed or were being displaced in the workforce due to illegal immigration. They also never would have tolerated Americans losing jobs to H1-B visa holders.

Today's democrats put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed American citizens. To add insult to injury, today's democrats fight tooth and nail to stop E-verify from being the law of the land. They also refuse to secure the southern border or end the H1-B visa program.

Democrats of yore used to be worried about things like the environment and overpopulation. Today's democrats only pay lip service to the environment. They wring their hands about global warming and clean fuel while at the same time they refuse to do anything about illegal immigration.

I grew up hearing stories from my parents and grandparents about how much democrats did for the poor, working and middle classes. So, at one time I was a staunch democrat. Today I am an independent.

Neither party is looking out for Americans but at one time, I expected much, much better from the democrats.

Yet we have so many low information voters who still think democrats care about them. Try educating them and you get called all kinds of names in return.

Old 11-08-2014, 10:32 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,086,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Today's democrats are NOT your grandfather's democrats. Democrats of yore truly looked out for the poor, working and middle classes. Those democrats of yore would have been horrified to discover that their constituents were either seeing their wages depressed or were being displaced in the workforce due to illegal immigration. They also never would have tolerated Americans losing jobs to H1-B visa holders.

Today's democrats put illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed American citizens. To add insult to injury, today's democrats fight tooth and nail to stop E-verify from being the law of the land. They also refuse to secure the southern border or end the H1-B visa program.

Democrats of yore used to be worried about things like the environment and overpopulation. Today's democrats only pay lip service to the environment. They wring their hands about global warming and clean fuel while at the same time they refuse to do anything about illegal immigration.

I grew up hearing stories from my parents and grandparents about how much democrats did for the poor, working and middle classes. So, at one time I was a staunch democrat. Today I am an independent.

Neither party is looking out for Americans but at one time, I expected much, much better from the democrats.

Yet we have so many low information voters who still think democrats care about them. Try educating them and you get called all kinds of names in return.
I'm a liberal like the old Democrats of yore.

Americans first. Period. This is OUR country. My compassion for Americans is deep. My compassion for people elsewhere in the world who are suffering or starving is also deep.

My compassion for illegals is zero.

And you're right...neither party cares about Americans.

Old 11-08-2014, 11:05 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,820,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I'm a liberal like the old Democrats of yore.

Americans first. Period. This is OUR country. My compassion for Americans is deep. My compassion for people elsewhere in the world who are suffering or starving is also deep.

My compassion for illegals is zero.

And you're right...neither party cares about Americans.
Agree with both of you. Tho IMHO a 1964 liberal is almost a Tea Party member in 2014.

Old 11-09-2014, 07:49 AM

62,378 posts, read 28,654,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
They claim it's all based on compassion. However, where is their compassion for the American people who have lost their jobs or had their wages reduced because of illegal immigration? They claim they care about poor Americans and want to continue to give them government subsidies and yet when you add illegal aliens to the mix there is less for poor Americans. They claim it is the Republicans who want the cheap labor and yet it is the Democrats that want to keep them here via an amnesty. Bottom line is that their views are hypocritical, they are pandering for the Hispanic vote and the future votes that citizenship for these illegal aliens will bring to them.

Old 11-09-2014, 10:28 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,139,168 times
Because they haven't been hurt personally by illegals they assume it is a victimless crime. The fact that we the people are spending billions a year on education, dealing with ID theft/ fraud,increased school taxes, etc. seems to elude liberals.
In one breath we hear about greedy employers are at fault, yet the Dems absolutely refuse to pass any meaningful laws to clamp down on said employers. The Immigration reform bill is an example of this.
WE hear the Libs scream about corporations hiring illegals. Yet they don't want to make E-Verify the law of the land so that the alleged corporations can be held accountable.
WE hear that E-Verify won't work because the illegals will be hired by sub contractors etc. i.e. small businesses.
Well which is it? Huge corporations are the sinners or small businesses? You see libs are caught between a rock and hard place on that one. They hate corporations and say they support small businesses. The reality is that they hate any business.
Libs say they are for the blue collar worker. The Dems platform is for the blue collar worker. Yet what do they say about illegals displacing american workers? It is the American worker's fault if they can't compete with illegals. No the illegal has no right to be here and no worker should have to compete with an illegal.....

Old 11-09-2014, 11:26 AM

62,378 posts, read 28,654,420 times
I have some liberal relatives that you just can't get through to. No matter what facts you present to them they still let their emotions rule rather than common sense. For example, they spout the ole pro-illegal line that they are only here to do jobs that Americans won't do. I bring up the construction industry for example pointing out that Americans have always done those jobs....a blank stare. They say things like well Mexicans can't help that they were born on the other side of the line. I point out that every country has borders aka lines in the sand and every country has immigration laws for good reasons. If we disregard our borders aka the so-called line in the sand we would have 2 billion impoverished flooding our shores.....a blank stare. I point out the ID thefts....a blank stare (or worse yet they say well Americans commit ID theft also). These are the same people who are constantly criticizing rich corporations for hiring them. When I ask why would you want these illegals to stay here and make them richer then?.....a blank stare.

In their particular state I even forwarded them via e-mail a site showing how much of their tax dollars go towards supporting illegal aliens....no response whatsoever. They talk about humanness by granting them amnesty and I counter with "what about humanness towards your fellow citizens"?....a blank stare. I could probably give other examples of their complete cluelessness based on emotion but you get my drift. Part of the reason I participate in these types of forums is to try and make them see the truth. I am beginning to think they are unreachable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration