Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2014, 08:42 PM

21,672 posts, read 16,206,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Did I say that illegals get things citizens can't? I said they're more concerned with the welfare of illegals more than the citizens.

How about allowing illegal aliens to pay in state tuition at colleges? Did they stop to think that the influx of students would cause classes to fill up so citizens can't get the classes they need?

How about not enforcing laws to impound vehicles when someone's caught without a license? The dopey LAPD chief won't enforce the law as it would cause hardship to the poor illegals that drive around without a license or insurance. Never mind the impact it has on citizens when they cause accidents.

How about the illegals flooding hospital ERs for colds and simple illnesses without paying until the hospitals have to close or can't provide the care they used to. Think that impacts the citizens?

Try reading the post next time.
What you said was:
Quote:
California's more concerned for the welfare of illegal aliens than US citizens.
Now, you tell me how anything you ranted about shows more concern for illegals than for citizens. At worst you might rant it shows equal concern. How is it more?

I read your post alright. Question is: did you think before you wrote it?

Old 11-08-2014, 09:33 PM

8,284 posts, read 6,366,578 times
Oregon voters just rejected drivers license for illegals last Tuesday by a huge margin.

Old 11-08-2014, 11:56 PM

8,503 posts, read 10,916,437 times
Something about this really stinks, and leads me on to another subject , that being uninsured drivers.
How does that come about, when one needs to show proof of insurance to register a vehicle here?
If you are renewing registration online, that is the only place you don't have to show proof.

So how are these vehicles being registered without proof of insurance when one registers at the dmv?
I just don't understand the rational behind giving illegals a driver's license.
Those adopting the law say it is so law enforcement will be able to "keep track" of these illegals.
That is really a joke.

It's a dam good thing I am not in a position of governing, because if I were, the first executive order I would institute would be to call up the national guard, and round up every illegal in this country, and put them on a plane, or bus, back to where they came from, and in the case of having children born here to illegals, tough, the family gets split up.
The American born stay, and the illegals go home.

Tough cookies, but it is one way to send a positive message to any one else thinking of coming here without due process.
And for those that say it is impossible to round up over 11,000,000 illegals, I say bull.
Years ago, the national census was done by physically knocking on doors all over the country.

They knew then who was here legally, and who wasn't.
It can be done, but government doesn't want to take on a potentially large voting block, and that my friends is why no large scale immigration actions are forthcoming, and also why all the handouts, including driver's licenses.

Bob.

Old 11-09-2014, 01:19 AM

13,580 posts, read 15,585,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Something about this really stinks, and leads me on to another subject , that being uninsured drivers.
How does that come about, when one needs to show proof of insurance to register a vehicle here?
If you are renewing registration online, that is the only place you don't have to show proof.

So how are these vehicles being registered without proof of insurance when one registers at the dmv?
My understanding, from listening to The Terry Anderson Show, is that they cancel their insurance just as soon as they get registered.

Old 11-09-2014, 07:11 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,256,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
What you said was:

Now, you tell me how anything you ranted about shows more concern for illegals than for citizens. At worst you might rant it shows equal concern. How is it more?

I read your post alright. Question is: did you think before you wrote it?
If you don't understand that all the things I listed are better for the illegals than citizens you need a reading comprehension course. Critical thinking may help you as well.

Last edited by Mike930; 11-09-2014 at 07:22 AM..

Old 11-09-2014, 07:18 AM

Quote:

I just don't understand the rational behind giving illegals a driver's license.
Those adopting the law say it is so law enforcement will be able to "keep track" of these illegals.
That is really a joke.

It's a dam good thing I am not in a position of governing, because if I were, the first executive order I would institute would be to call up the national guard, and round up every illegal in this country, and put them on a plane, or bus, back to where they came from, and in the case of having children born here to illegals, tough, the family gets split up.
The American born stay, and the illegals go home.

Tough cookies, but it is one way to send a positive message to any one else thinking of coming here without due process.
And for those that say it is impossible to round up over 11,000,000 illegals, I say bull.
Years ago, the national census was done by physically knocking on doors all over the country.

They knew then who was here legally, and who wasn't.
It can be done, but government doesn't want to take on a potentially large voting block, and that my friends is why no large scale immigration actions are forthcoming, and also why all the handouts, including driver's licenses.

Bob.
The pro-license crowd was saying that if the illegals were given driver licenses than they would "come out of the shadows", get insurance, register their cars and otherwise magically start following all the laws.

It's all nonsense.

Old 11-09-2014, 08:04 AM

21,672 posts, read 16,206,395 times
Quote:
If you don't understand that all the things I listed are better for the illegals than citizens you need a reading comprehension course. Critical thinking may help you as well.
1) citizens pay in-state tuition
2) citizens caught driving without a license don't get their cars impounded either
3) citizens can and do flood the hospital ER's without paying - though this is being reduced by the new ACA, thanks to Obama

Now, about those "critical thinking skills"?

Old 11-09-2014, 10:14 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,303,616 times
Quote:
It's a dam good thing I am not in a position of governing,
Bob.
no kidding...

Old 11-09-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
1) citizens pay in-state tuition
2) citizens caught driving without a license don't get their cars impounded either
3) citizens can and do flood the hospital ER's without paying - though this is being reduced by the new ACA, thanks to Obama

Now, about those "critical thinking skills"?
Really?

1) offering illegals in state tuition does two things:
a) people here illegally pay less tuition than an out of state citizen.
b) legal state residents are shut out of classes because illegals are allowed to attend school and pay in state tuition.

2) illegals driving without licenses don't get their cars impounded. They continue to drive without insurance and cause major problems for legal residents.

3) illegals use hospitals and they close. This means legal residents have no ERs.

If you don't get that all these things are a benefit to illegals at the expense of citizens, your thinking is more screwed up than I thought.

Anytime they pass laws that benefit illegals without caring or considering the consequences for legal residents, that's showing more concern for the illegals than the citizens. They should be watching out for citizens and legal residents first.

Looks like I overestimated your comprehension of the issues. Next time I'll spell it out first.

Last edited by Mike930; 11-09-2014 at 11:01 AM..

Old 11-09-2014, 11:25 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,386,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rzzzz View Post
no kidding...
What, you think his idea of rounding up 11+ million undocumented workers and "throwing them out" is bad? I mean yeah, we'd be spending untold billions to round them up and ship them out, while simultaneously losing billions in tax revenues (yes people, most illegals pay taxes), and purchasing power (illegals pay rent, buy groceries, pump gas in their cars, etc). Not to mention the cost of expanding our nation's orphanages to make room for all the children left behind. Sounds pricey and evil, but think of the upside! Fewer signs in Spanish!

I'm sure the fragile-as-an-egg US economy can handle the massive recession this would likely cause.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration