U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2014, 04:12 PM

11,040 posts, read 6,639,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
That link is a bunch of bull sh.
The people stating what is written their no more believe that sh.. than I do.
I say round them up, once and for all, send them packing, and let's get back to making this country great for it's legal citizens.

Bob.
So Bob, not a big law and order guy, eh? More of a "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!" kinda guy, huh.

No reason to support your local police when you can do it better yourself!

Old 11-10-2014, 04:37 PM

4,939 posts, read 7,052,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
So Bob, not a big law and order guy, eh? More of a "Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!" kinda guy, huh.

No reason to support your local police when you can do it better yourself!

It isn't a question of me doing it better myself, but rather education those in authority as to what should be their priorities.

Citizens of this country should come before anything else, and those in positions of authority should be enforcing the laws of this nation to the fullest, instead of turning their backs in the hope of garnering future voters.

As I stated in an earlier post, I would have a get tough policy on ALL illegals in this country, and would make it all but impossible to enter this country without due process.
Other countries do it, so why should the USA be any different?

Give illegals nothing but a plane ticket back to where they came from.
There is no valid reason to be giving illegals anything.
They broke the law entering this country, and should be given absolutely nothing.
Bob.

Old 11-10-2014, 05:29 PM

9,832 posts, read 7,405,870 times
Your policy is horrible and unrealistic ^^^^

Even if you could pull it off, it would be an economic disaster for this country.

Old 11-10-2014, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Your policy is horrible and unrealistic ^^^^

Even if you could pull it off, it would be an economic disaster for this country.
Ok, you now have the floor, so explain to all of us just how deporting all these illegals is going to disrupt the country.
This should be interesting.

Bob.

Old 11-10-2014, 08:53 PM

3,196 posts, read 2,388,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
Ok, you now have the floor, so explain to all of us just how deporting all these illegals is going to disrupt the country.
This should be interesting.

Bob.
It would be insanely expensive to round them all up, detain them, then fly them back to their countries of origin. It would take years, massive task forces and probably hundreds of billions of dollars.
Then comes dealing with the American children they leave behind. Millions of them, now without parents. We already have more orphans/foster kids than parents to take them in. Getting lost in the system until you're 18 and then getting the boot makes you more likely to become a criminal, so we would be inviting a generation of angry criminals to terrorize the country for years, taxing our criminal justice system even further.
Then comes the lost revenue for businesses. Illegals buy things. Sure, they send a lot of money back to Mexico, South America, etc but they spend a lot more here on goods and services. Removing millions of consumers would have an immediate and substantial impact on our service economy. And we are a service economy now.
Then comes dealing with the fact that, yes, there are some jobs that Americans won't work and jobs that businesses can't afford to pay Americans legal wages to work. Who is going to pick oranges and avocados all day for minimum wage? Who is going to pay double the price for produce?

I don't like illegals any more than you do, but your "solution" is childish and implausible. You're more interested in punishing them than being realistic.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
It would be insanely expensive to round them all up, detain them, then fly them back to their countries of origin. It would take years, massive task forces and probably hundreds of billions of dollars.
Then comes dealing with the American children they leave behind. Millions of them, now without parents. We already have more orphans/foster kids than parents to take them in. Getting lost in the system until you're 18 and then getting the boot makes you more likely to become a criminal, so we would be inviting a generation of angry criminals to terrorize the country for years, taxing our criminal justice system even further.
Then comes the lost revenue for businesses. Illegals buy things. Sure, they send a lot of money back to Mexico, South America, etc but they spend a lot more here on goods and services. Removing millions of consumers would have an immediate and substantial impact on our service economy. And we are a service economy now.
Then comes dealing with the fact that, yes, there are some jobs that Americans won't work and jobs that businesses can't afford to pay Americans legal wages to work. Who is going to pick oranges and avocados all day for minimum wage? Who is going to pay double the price for produce?

I don't like illegals any more than you do, but your "solution" is childish and implausible. You're more interested in punishing them than being realistic.

I will try and take your response one line at a time.
To start, it would be expensive to round them up, but this country has spent millions on housing, medical, and education on these illegals.
That same amount could be spent in rounding them up, and sending them back to where they came from.
I would make a bet that it would cost less to round them up than what would be spent in future years for these services.
The massive task force you speak of would be the national guard.
They are already earning a salary, and this would just be additional work for them
True, it would be a logistic nightmare, but it could be accomplished.

As for the children left behind, I doubt many, if any, would be left behind.
Would you not take your kids with you if you were in the same situation?
I doubt you would leave them behind.

Now, as for the lost revenue, There would be none.
Americans who have had to go on unemployment and welfare due to the influx of illegals taking the jobs, would now have new employment once the cheap labor is gone.
Americans with jobs also "buy things", and one added benefit would be, the money would stay in this country, not shipped to some foreign country.

It would have absolutely no impact on the economy because unemployed Americans would fill the gap.
The only thing that would change is the nationality of those producing, and making the money, as well as spending it.
As for Americans not doing certain jobs, they would do them if the benefits they now collect were to be stopped if they didn't take these so called undesirable jobs.
I know a few right now, that would love the chance to have a job that was taken by an illegal, and picking fruit would not be out of the question.

As for businesses paying higher wages because their "new" employee is American, again, that could be negotiated between business and employee.
Someone out of work, facing foreclosure of their house would be more than willing to pick fruit for minimum wage.
Just ask some of those facing the poor house if they would work for minimum wage.
I know the answer would be a resounding yes.

My solution is far from being childish and implausible.
You are absolutely right about me wanting to punish them.
They deserve to be punished.

They have spread like cockroaches through out this country, and American citizens have taken the brunt of losses due to the influx of illegals.
One example would be health cost, and the ability to obtain medical service at reasonable cost, and time.
Taxes have risen to fund programs aimed at, or as a result of the ever increasing population of illegals in this country.
Millions of jobs have been lost by American workers(especially in construction) as well as other fields of employment.
Rid the country of these parasites, and give those jobs back to the citizens of this country.
Unfortunately all this is completely ignored by local, state, and the federal governments, which is why we are in the mess we are.

I have all my life, been a law and order guy, and it bothers me greatly that governments won't stand up and do the right thing concerning people who have entered this country illegally.
When governments stand up and call them "undocumented" instead of what they really are "ILLEGALS" you know something is just not right.
I call them as I see them, and they are ILLEGALS, and nothing more.
They should be dealt with as such.

Bob.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:08 PM

332 posts, read 625,628 times
Perhaps the U.S. should reconsider the Bracero program.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:47 PM

3,196 posts, read 2,388,577 times
Bob, I can't take you seriously. You're entirely illogical, unrealistic, angry and stubborn.

Old 11-10-2014, 11:54 PM

1,774 posts, read 1,754,405 times
This thread followed a predictable course.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MordinSolus View Post
Bob, I can't take you seriously. You're entirely illogical, unrealistic, angry and stubborn.

I am none of the above.
I am a person with better than reasonable intelligence, who sees a huge problem in this country, and Knows how to correct it, but unfortunately faced with a government and people like yourself that think 11000000 people entering this country illegally is just fine and dandy.
With an attitude like that, things can only get worse.

Bob.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or