U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 01:44 PM

31,942 posts, read 14,727,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
The idea, is that once the kids are given amnesty, they will either send for their parents, or their parents will come looking for them to be anchored in the U.S.
You're probably right but is it worth deserting their children that way? Who knows for sure what could happen to the and how long they will be separated from them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 06:09 PM

1,180 posts, read 602,016 times
Here is an article from a Guatemalan newspaper website:

Frontpage

https://translate.google.com/transla...tml&edit-text=

Oh boy... here we go again.

Thanks Obama and company.

Old 11-16-2014, 11:50 PM

8,882 posts, read 10,364,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Can you not read? I very plainly stated that it's not feasible.

Nothing else will prevent the swarms of desperate poor from crossing our border. They ARE watching what Obama will do very, very closely.

Why are we obligated to take care of the rest of the world's poor illiterates? Do you not understand that if enough of them are here, they will overwhelm everything we have to dole out?

Don't worry. All of the illegal alien butt-kissers will soon get their wish. We will soon be a Third-World nation overrun by the ignorant poor who will then proceed to add millions more.

We can kiss a once-great nation goodbye.
Yes Cathy, and that's why I was very careful to say I wasn't talking about one particular poster. I jumped off of your post because that was when it occurred to me that, even though I agree 100% that we have a huge problem, it seemed to me that some people were seeing these other people as things (animals?) and not human. That scares me. It scares me in this instance, it scares me in war. Maybe it's just the Christian in me.

Old 11-17-2014, 05:15 AM

89 posts, read 124,508 times
What other reason do you think they'd be coming over for? becuase they like the bill of rights or think Thomas Jefferson was a great man? lol.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Yes Cathy, and that's why I was very careful to say I wasn't talking about one particular poster. I jumped off of your post because that was when it occurred to me that, even though I agree 100% that we have a huge problem, it seemed to me that some people were seeing these other people as things (animals?) and not human. That scares me. It scares me in this instance, it scares me in war. Maybe it's just the Christian in me.
I'm sorry but I never saw any posts that implied that illegal aliens are animals or that they aren't human. All lawbreakers are human but that has nothing to do with their actions.

Old 11-17-2014, 07:38 AM

9,191 posts, read 18,575,582 times
Quote:
So what do you suggest that we do? These desperate people are only interested in coming to a First-World nation (at the present time) to get the handouts and welfare.

They'll push out one welfare recipient after another as anchor babies. If we want to protect this country--and remain a First World wealthy nation, we cannot afford for the Third World's slum poor illiterates to suck us dry--and that's exactly what they are doing--and will continue to do. They have absolutely NOTHING to offer this country at all.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:21 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,173,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saxon Lion View Post
What other reason do you think they'd be coming over for? becuase they like the bill of rights or think Thomas Jefferson was a great man? lol.
They could care less about the details of our government and how it is run.

All they care about is that they won't be deported, their kids can get benefits and they can make money to send home.

Old 11-17-2014, 08:22 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,173,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
So what do you suggest that we do? These desperate people are only interested in coming to a First-World nation (at the present time) to get the handouts and welfare.

They'll push out one welfare recipient after another as anchor babies. If we want to protect this country--and remain a First World wealthy nation, we cannot afford for the Third World's slum poor illiterates to suck us dry--and that's exactly what they are doing--and will continue to do. They have absolutely NOTHING to offer this country at all.
There is not a damn thing we can do about it except to stand on the sidelines and watch it happen.

Old 11-18-2014, 12:10 AM

8,882 posts, read 10,364,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I'm sorry but I never saw any posts that implied that illegal aliens are animals or that they aren't human. All lawbreakers are human but that has nothing to do with their actions.
An assumption on my part reading that people felt they would be able to shoot them on sight, and I don't think posters here could actually do that even if given the opportunity, I think it's a lot of talk. Psychology teaches that it's easier to harm another person if you see them as less than human. It's something to think about. Bowing out of the discussion because I don't think I belong here and it obviously upsets me.

Old 11-18-2014, 07:04 AM

Quote:
An assumption on my part reading that people felt they would be able to shoot them on sight, and I don't think posters here could actually do that even if given the opportunity, I think it's a lot of talk. Psychology teaches that it's easier to harm another person if you see them as less than human. It's something to think about. Bowing out of the discussion because I don't think I belong here and it obviously upsets me.
Most anti-illegal immigration folks aren't for shooting them on sight. Only a few radicals are making those statements. That still doesn't equate to calling them animals or not being human though. It's not only migrant workers that are coming through our southern border but those who seek to harm us. As I said, I am not for using violence at the border but if it actually came down to the Border Patrol having the authority to do that I know they would be instructed to warn them first. What is upsetting to me is the number of terrorists and criminals that are coming through our border. They certainly don't care about our citizens being humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or