U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 06:34 AM

8,649 posts, read 14,867,845 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Can you not read? I very plainly stated that it's not feasible.

Nothing else will prevent the swarms of desperate poor from crossing our border. They ARE watching what Obama will do very, very closely.

Why are we obligated to take care of the rest of the world's poor illiterates? Do you not understand that if enough of them are here, they will overwhelm everything we have to dole out?

Don't worry. All of the illegal alien butt-kissers will soon get their wish. We will soon be a Third-World nation overrun by the ignorant poor who will then proceed to add millions more.

We can kiss a once-great nation goodbye.
I don't fell that there is a great nation left to save, liberals have already killed it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 09:14 AM

62,361 posts, read 27,757,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Now that I've thought more about it, it makes sense for him (in his mind) to do it now.

The midterms are over, the Democrats lost big-time...no more mid-terms to fight before the end of his presidency.

If he does it now (as in before the end of the year), he both avoids pushback from a Republican Senate and leaves a lot of time between shamnesty and the 2016 elections, when people hopefully will have forgotten all about it.

Sickening.
I disagree. IMHO, this is a really bad time for Obama to give millions of illegals work permits. We still have 2 years until the 2016 presidential election, so there's enough time for those millions of newly minted legal workers to decimate the job market and wages for the citizen Hispanics. If that's what they really want, let them stew in their own economic demise for two years. Maybe they'll rethink their voting preferences.

Old 11-18-2014, 03:18 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Here is an article from a Guatemalan newspaper website:

Frontpage

https://translate.google.com/transla...tml&edit-text=

Oh boy... here we go again.

Thanks Obama and company.
And "give them the dignity they deserve?" Criminal dignity? It is a bizarro World we live in now.

Old 11-20-2014, 05:29 PM

48,519 posts, read 80,998,062 times
That is the problem which brought those kids sent by their parents. The hope; when this is not amnesty; just non-enforcement. But it will add to problem with that hope most likely. What provision for healthcare with all those here with visa's and coming? Just go to ER and hospitals make it up by raising price on citizens who are require to have insurance ? Will all be able to bring parents here without normal requirement to fully support including healthcare on Visas.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:30 AM

10,236 posts, read 13,518,037 times
I don't think the children dumped by their parents should have refuge here, either. They are not "anchor babies", and we need to draw the line somewhere.

And I, too, highly doubt that most low-wage illegals will acquire health insurance. One of my doctors recently told me that he'd been to visit patients in the hospital that morning, 3 of 5 were illegals, and only ONE of that 5 was an insured patient (not an illegal). And they can't track them most of the time because they move around often.

Also, at my last visit to the ER in our local hospital, an illegal in the next bed had tuberculosis, which shocked the physician, and I had my husband pull the curtain out right away. Something else that people do not take into consideration is that diseases are one of the reasons for tight borders, and some illnesses have made a comeback from across borders.

So Obama is executing his grand plan. And, again, with NO security plan for future crossing. The man is a moron.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:06 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,135,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesmama View Post
I don't think the children dumped by their parents should have refuge here, either. They are not "anchor babies", and we need to draw the line somewhere.

And I, too, highly doubt that most low-wage illegals will acquire health insurance. One of my doctors recently told me that he'd been to visit patients in the hospital that morning, 3 of 5 were illegals, and only ONE of that 5 was an insured patient (not an illegal). And they can't track them most of the time because they move around often.

Also, at my last visit to the ER in our local hospital, an illegal in the next bed had tuberculosis, which shocked the physician, and I had my husband pull the curtain out right away. Something else that people do not take into consideration is that diseases are one of the reasons for tight borders, and some illnesses have made a comeback from across borders.

So Obama is executing his grand plan. And, again, with NO security plan for future crossing. The man is a moron.
There's also this to worry about:

Chagas disease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks, "dreamers."

Old 11-21-2014, 04:15 PM

3,028 posts, read 2,860,407 times
Default Lady in line at bus says she was inspired to come over...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtpaNhKUBqo

Okay, so the lady says Si about being inspired to come over...

But am I seeing this correctly that those people are in line to catch a bus to their "next destination" AFTER they've crossed over illegally?

I don't understand... why isn't border control there telling them they cannot keep going? Why is border control not sending them back?

The thing Obama dictated was that you'll only be granted leniency if you've been here for 5 years.
I'm confused.

Old 11-21-2014, 05:20 PM

11,485 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Podo944 View Post

Okay, so the lady says Si about being inspired to come over...

But am I seeing this correctly that those people are in line to catch a bus to their "next destination" AFTER they've crossed over illegally?

I don't understand... why isn't border control there telling them they cannot keep going? Why is border control not sending them back?

The thing Obama dictated was that you'll only be granted leniency if you've been here for 5 years.
I'm confused.
We're talking about functionally illiterate people here. All they understand is "amnesty"---the details don't matter.

The few who do understand just laugh about it. They figure that if they come, The Dear Leader will eventually dictate an amnesty just for them.

Old 11-21-2014, 05:25 PM

1,485 posts, read 1,902,619 times
3rd world country status, we are now on our way for sure.....imo

Old 11-21-2014, 08:19 PM

10,236 posts, read 13,518,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
There's also this to worry about:

Chagas disease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks, "dreamers."
Holy cow! Never heard of this and it sounds horrific. Thanks for sharing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or