Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 02:49 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,494,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Tempting, isn't it? Dogs, land mines, shoot on sight (probably the only thing that will really work, and isn't feasible).
Land mines? Shoot on sight? Yes, we have a huge problem, but y'all speak as if these aren't actual human beings. That scares me more than a zillion people crossing illegally. If you (general, not talking about a specific poster) can look a desperate human (man, woman, child) in the eyes and blast their head off then I'm much more afraid of you than I am of them. Think about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 04:56 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Now that I've thought more about it, it makes sense for him (in his mind) to do it now.

The midterms are over, the Democrats lost big-time...no more mid-terms to fight before the end of his presidency.

If he does it now (as in before the end of the year), he both avoids pushback from a Republican Senate and leaves a lot of time between shamnesty and the 2016 elections, when people hopefully will have forgotten all about it.

Sickening.

Oh it will not be forgotten and even will be part of the theme of the 2016 elections.

Old 11-15-2014, 04:57 AM

27,131 posts, read 15,310,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
So you agree that this action will encourage more waves of illegals?

Why would any POTUS, who has the interests of the USA in mind, want to dangle a carrot that will cause "hordes" to run for the border? Is this what Obama wants?

Does he hate the USA (especially the border patrol)?

Wouldn't it make sense to do and say things that send a deterrent message?

This may be Obama's dumbest move yet... or smartest if he is actually trying to destroy the country.

Remember he's already done this before.

Old 11-15-2014, 05:50 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
They are coming for the amnesty and welfare benefits.

Old 11-15-2014, 07:42 AM

62,933 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Land mines? Shoot on sight? Yes, we have a huge problem, but y'all speak as if these aren't actual human beings. That scares me more than a zillion people crossing illegally. If you (general, not talking about a specific poster) can look a desperate human (man, woman, child) in the eyes and blast their head off then I'm much more afraid of you than I am of them. Think about it.
I'm not a advocate of using violence on our southern border but sometimes it might be called for. What if ISIS were coming through there? How do we detect a regular illegal alien from a terrorist? Still, "stop or I'll shoot" would be the appropriate thing to do first in other words warn first. Terrorists are human also but what has that to do with anything? Most of these illegal aliens aren't desperate either. Think about it.

Old 11-15-2014, 08:03 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,873,335 times
Quote:
Can you not read? I very plainly stated that it's not feasible.

Nothing else will prevent the swarms of desperate poor from crossing our border. They ARE watching what Obama will do very, very closely.

Why are we obligated to take care of the rest of the world's poor illiterates? Do you not understand that if enough of them are here, they will overwhelm everything we have to dole out?

Don't worry. All of the illegal alien butt-kissers will soon get their wish. We will soon be a Third-World nation overrun by the ignorant poor who will then proceed to add millions more.

We can kiss a once-great nation goodbye.

Old 11-15-2014, 09:42 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
So you agree that this action will encourage more waves of illegals?

Why would any POTUS, who has the interests of the USA in mind, want to dangle a carrot that will cause "hordes" to run for the border? Is this what Obama wants?

Does he hate the USA (especially the border patrol)?

Wouldn't it make sense to do and say things that send a deterrent message?

This may be Obama's dumbest move yet... or smartest if he is actually trying to destroy the country.

About the send a deterrent message. Yes if your anyone but Obama. He won't because he does not care truly about this Country, or it's citizens, and that is plain as day.

Other Countries are starting to get tougher with their problems, but no not us, WE INVITE, now the welcome mat has been laid down. And our troubles have only begun. Just wait, we have not seen anything yet.

Old 11-15-2014, 09:44 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
They desert their kids because they are lousy parents.

What is galling is when they whine and cry about "tearing apart families" when they, themselves are the ones responsible for "tearing apart" their own families. What lying, despicable hypocrites they are

Exactly, as you say. But they do not even see it this way. That is just crazy. It is these parents tearing their own families apart but somehow we get the blame.

Old 11-15-2014, 09:46 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times
Quote:
Only militarized borders are really secure, can you afford/accommodate literally millions of 3rd world peasants with their hands out ???

Didn't think so.

Obama's Hispandering is only making everything worse, let's not play games and call it for what it is, a surrender to foreign invaders from Mexico and Central America that make up about 75% of this issue.

Old 11-15-2014, 12:42 PM

2,463 posts, read 2,788,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
In the article it states that at least some of the parents dropped their kids off at the border and then returned to their homeland figuring their kids would get in on an amnesty claiming refugee status. How could these parents desert their kids like that? Is it worth never seeing them again and perhaps making orphans out of them? It's truly unbelievable.
The idea, is that once the kids are given amnesty, they will either send for their parents, or their parents will come looking for them to be anchored in the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration