U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2014, 06:41 AM

33,949 posts, read 32,392,016 times

Advertisements

"Patricia M. Vroom, a top attorney for U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement in Arizona, filed a 67-page discrimination complaint that details repeated battles with agency higher-ups who told her to close cases and not deport people whom President Obama deemed low-priority. Federal officials were particularly dismissive of identity theft convictions from Arizona, arguing that the state’s laws were too strict and stealing an ID to get a job wasn’t a serious enough offense to get kicked out of the country. This was a very significant development, as generally, criminal aliens, particularly convicted felons, are, under the [prosecutorial discretion] memos, ‘priority’ cases that should be aggressively pursued,” Ms. Vroom said in her complaint."

Illegal immigrants with 'old' DUI, ID theft charges spared deportation, lawsuit shows - Washington Times

Homeland Security's response was ehhhh, most of the key officials that told her to do it (and pooh-pooh DUI convictions) have left ICE already...but they're looking into it.

My crystal ball says probably more FOIA work for Judicial Watch down the road.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2014, 02:35 PM

11,506 posts, read 5,515,070 times
This is really galling. Meanwhile, when Americans commit ID theft, they go to jail.

Obama has shown a callous disregard for those victims of ID theft. I've read stories about these victims. They go through hell---and lots of money---to straighten out the mess created by ID thieves. Some have even been arrested for crimes they didn't commit because the ID thief committed a crime while using a stolen ID.

I'll have to remember to donate some money to Judicial Watch!

Old 11-12-2014, 03:13 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,293,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
This is really galling. Meanwhile, when Americans commit ID theft, they go to jail.

Obama has shown a callous disregard for those victims of ID theft. I've read stories about these victims. They go through hell---and lots of money---to straighten out the mess created by ID thieves. Some have even been arrested for crimes they didn't commit because the ID thief committed a crime while using a stolen ID.

I'll have to remember to donate some money to Judicial Watch!
It is not only galling, but so disgusting as well. It is sickening. Obama and his disregard for victims of ID theft, tells me something about him.

People who have gone thru ID Theft, sometimes takes years and years before there life gets straighten out. They I understand go thru hell before things ever return back to normal for them.

But Obama shows regards for the criminals in his administration. Something wrong with this President.

Old 11-12-2014, 03:58 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,904,378 times
So an illegal stealing a citizen's ID to get a job wasn't a "serious" crime ?

So much for the President of the US thinking about the citizens that live here first.

Old 11-12-2014, 06:40 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,293,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So an illegal stealing a citizen's ID to get a job wasn't a "serious" crime ?

So much for the President of the US thinking about the citizens that live here first.

Yup you got it right as usual. Along with Obama's new amnesty plan for illegals, clearly he cares not about the citizens of our Country. Is it our Country anymore!

Old 11-12-2014, 11:04 PM

1,937 posts, read 2,731,226 times
Stealing another person's identity to get a job:

Affects the victims Social Security records
Affects the victims ability to get unemployment if they lose their job
Can cause the victim to be required to pay IRS taxes/penalties on the salary that they don't know anything about

And once that innocent illegal gets that job--they need a car right? So they "borrow" the victims credit record for that. Then they get pulled over for DUI or speeding. No problem. Just borrow that identity once again.

Yeah I can see how it wouldn't be a problem.

Old 11-13-2014, 07:42 AM

2,478 posts, read 2,017,413 times
Understand, Obama (aka the Liar in Chief) HATES American the way it is and has been doing a great job at destroying our way of life. And he will continue to do so until the day he leaves office, which cannot come soon enough.

Old 11-13-2014, 08:25 AM

23,603 posts, read 31,161,722 times
Any President who will not put Americans first does not deserve to be President IMHO.

Obama has been such a total fail as POTUS. I can't wait to see what both parties have in store for '16. Hopefully we can elect a DOER this time. I'm keeping an open mind as I always do when both parties have big slates of candidates for a party nomination (like in 2008). I'll be watching both the D and R campaigns closely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or