U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 08:19 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,308,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
While this post couldn't be more truthful it's not something that people living in Rhode Island could or would ever understand. Illegal immigration doesn't seem like that big of a deal when you live in the North East and the only brown people you see daily are parking out back in the service entrance.
Brown people? Uh; word is the Northeast is loaded with illegal alien Irish and Russian. They ALL need to go; not just mixed race Indians speaking Spanish here illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 08:20 PM

3,216 posts, read 1,769,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What exactly is "reforming" immigration anyway?
Liberal translation? Amnesty and an added bonus...new voters for the Democrat party.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:01 PM

89 posts, read 123,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; it's hurting Blacks and many American Hispanics worse than most anglo white people.
I know that they compete with blacks for work, however, who is going to pay the hundreds and billions of dollars that subsidise the illegal parasites there? mostly whites who are the majority income tax payers. The only white Anglos who benefit are the greedy, corrupt minority not the majority.

Old 11-13-2014, 09:22 PM

11,401 posts, read 6,813,802 times
As much as I'm revolted by the "politics as usual" attitude among the collection of dreamers, deceivers, losers, unmotivateds and undesirables at the center of the Obama-"progressive" coalition, I have to point out that the call for "secure borders" among many of the anti-immigration constituency is no more realistic.

Aided by technology, the desire for a better life is the driving force behind all the movement by many national groups across the globe. Some nations (Canada, for exampke) seem to be better-versed in managing it than others, but I doubt that the United States is at, or even near, the back of the pack. A belief that these forces can becontrolled by legislation is no more realistic than the Prohibition of the 1920's, or the marijuana controversy that began fifty years ago.

And I reiterate: The prospertity of 1945-1974, which far too many of us still see as the norm, was a one-time pulse caused by our monopoly on both the high-tech of the day, and the means to harness it via mass production and distribution. Anyone ... be it labor unions seeking a return to the power of the Age of Hoffa, to backwoods provincials blaming anyone who isn't like them, to so-called "educators" with too much faith in "the system" (a/k/a Big Brother). to Madison Avenue and Hollywood seeking our last dime of disposable income .... simply isn't telling the whole truth.

We appear to be heading for a "softer" landing than we feared back in 2008-10, but there are still bills to be paid and imbalances to be corrected. And if you desire a scapegoat, you had better take a hard look in the mirror first.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 11-13-2014 at 09:37 PM..

Old 11-14-2014, 07:42 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,308,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
As much as I'm revolted by the "politics as usual" attitude among the collection of dreamers, deceivers, losers, unmotivateds and undesirables at the center of the Obama-"progressive" coalition, I have to point out that the call for "secure borders" among many of the anti-immigration constituency is no more realistic.

Aided by technology, the desire for a better life is the driving force behind all the movement by many national groups across the globe. Some nations (Canada, for exampke) seem to be better-versed in managing it than others, but I doubt that the United States is at, or even near, the back of the pack. A belief that these forces can becontrolled by legislation is no more realistic than the Prohibition of the 1920's, or the marijuana controversy that began fifty years ago.

And I reiterate: The prospertity of 1945-1974, which far too many of us still see as the norm, was a one-time pulse caused by our monopoly on both the high-tech of the day, and the means to harness it via mass production and distribution. Anyone ... be it labor unions seeking a return to the power of the Age of Hoffa, to backwoods provincials blaming anyone who isn't like them, to so-called "educators" with too much faith in "the system" (a/k/a Big Brother). to Madison Avenue and Hollywood seeking our last dime of disposable income .... simply isn't telling the whole truth.

We appear to be heading for a "softer" landing than we feared back in 2008-10, but there are still bills to be paid and imbalances to be corrected. And if you desire a scapegoat, you had better take a hard look in the mirror first.
If your opinion's right; which it might be, that's even MORE reason to force out the illegal aliens in the US. So we can take care of "our kind".

Old 11-14-2014, 07:58 AM

31,732 posts, read 14,631,102 times
Quote:

Who's anti-"immigrant"? This forum is about illegal immigration not legal immigration and illegal aliens aren't immigrants in the true sense of the word.

Yes, illegal immigration can be controlled by legislation by removing all the incentives for them to come here. Illegal immigration is a very real problem in this country not a scapegoat.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:22 AM

23,624 posts, read 31,208,083 times
Quote:

All the more reason to round up the illegals and boot them out. We need our dwindling resources for ourselves.

As for your suggestion that we blame ourselves...I'm frugal, I have no children, I pay my taxes in full and on time, never been arrested, never have been on welfare or any other form of government assistance, I don't shop at Wal-Mart, and I'm not obsessed with reality TV. I don't see myself as part of the problem.

Old 11-14-2014, 09:35 AM

11,401 posts, read 6,813,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
All the more reason to round up the illegals and boot them out. We need our dwindling resources for ourselves.

As for your suggestion that we blame ourselves...I'm frugal, I have no children, I pay my taxes in full and on time, never been arrested, never have been on welfare or any other form of government assistance, I don't shop at Wal-Mart, and I'm not obsessed with reality TV. I don't see myself as part of the problem.
You're not; all I'm saying is that any system of "closing the borders" is going to be very expensive and inconvenient to enforce in present-day civilization. We've been running the "war on terror" for fifteen years, and the only evidence of it which I encounter regularly is the metal detectors at the county courthouse --security measure".

Old 11-14-2014, 10:03 AM

31,732 posts, read 14,631,102 times
Quote:
You're not; all I'm saying is that any system of "closing the borders" is going to be very expensive and inconvenient to enforce in present-day civilization. We've been running the "war on terror" for fifteen years, and the only evidence of it which I encounter regularly is the metal detectors at the county courthouse --security measure".
Who's for "closing" the border? There will always be legal ports of entry. It's about enforcing our immigration laws and keeping illegal aliens out.

Old 11-14-2014, 10:59 AM

1,250 posts, read 1,082,827 times
More... crime, segregation, money spent on welfare, education, more destruction of the earth, higher prison population, more poverty, more democrats, more...

oh you said positive

so more taco trucks I guess.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or