U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-15-2014, 07:39 PM
 
31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8352

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Actually, when it comes to replacement levels, neither Blacks or Whites are at the level. In developed nations, replacement level is 2.1. Both Blacks and Whites in the USA are under 2.0.

Many earn less and pay no taxes. You have plenty of people living off of welfare, who are American citizens not paying for any services they.

The only things that concern me when it comes to those who immigrate
1) Come legally
2) Obey and respect the laws in this nation
3) Treat others the way you want to be treated. In short, don't commit crimes. Don't hurt anyone.

I couldn't care less what race/ethnicity those persons are.

Tell me this. Why should I be worried about demographic changes?
You should be worried about demographic change when it occurs via illegal immigration because that demographic has shown they have no respect for our laws nor the rightful citizens of this country.

It's one thing for Americans to use taxpayer benefits and quite another when those who don't even have a right to be in this country are tapping into our welfare coffers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-15-2014, 08:09 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm already a minority in this nation, so the demographic changes aren't something that worry me. My only concerns are that whoever comes here obeys the law, works hard, and treats me the way they want to be treated. Race isn't pertinent to me.

And by the way, the USA was only 90%+ White between 1880-1960, and that was because of that mass immigration that you seem to despise so much. And that free society you want so much, it isn't only yours. This whole nation came out of people coming from other places, so don't be surprised if other people come here. When the Europeans came, they encountered the non-White indigenous peoples.
Agreed tho the Indians need to take it up with Spain, France and England. The US, Canada and LatAm countries were "spin offs" of the 3 countries across the ocean. Too; the different tribes had THEIR share of nasty donnybrooks with each other, even before 1492 so they def have NO moral high ground.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2014, 08:21 PM
 
44,571 posts, read 43,103,689 times
Reputation: 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You should be worried about demographic change when it occurs via illegal immigration because that demographic has shown they have no respect for our laws nor the rightful citizens of this country.

It's one thing for Americans to use taxpayer benefits and quite another when those who don't even have a right to be in this country are tapping into our welfare coffers.
The illegal immigration situation is the only thing that is concerning me. I don't care where they are coming from.

My whole point was me arguing against someone trying to turn this into "we don't want "those people" coming here".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2014, 09:21 PM
 
89 posts, read 123,241 times
Reputation: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm already a minority in this nation, so the demographic changes aren't something that worry me. My only concerns are that whoever comes here obeys the law, works hard, and treats me the way they want to be treated. Race isn't pertinent to me.

And by the way, the USA was only 90%+ White between 1880-1960, and that was because of that mass immigration that you seem to despise so much. And that free society you want so much, it isn't only yours. This whole nation came out of people coming from other places, so don't be surprised if other people come here. When the Europeans came, they encountered the non-White indigenous peoples.
So you're a minority already, i'm not surprised you dont care but as a majority i do. No majority ethnic group has ever wilfully allowed themselves to be displaced by another which is what makes our situation very dangerous. The USA had two big influxes of immigration before 1960 then there were long periods where there was hardly any immigration coming in. A free society with liberty is only sustainable with the majority that made it, these foreign aliens coming here dont give a rats about these ideas and values. People from everywhere are coming because we have spineless sell-outs in top positions letting them come without asking anyone if they want this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2014, 09:44 PM
 
44,571 posts, read 43,103,689 times
Reputation: 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saxon Lion View Post
So you're a minority already, i'm not surprised you dont care but as a majority i do. No majority ethnic group has ever wilfully allowed themselves to be displaced by another which is what makes our situation very dangerous. The USA had two big influxes of immigration before 1960 then there were long periods where there was hardly any immigration coming in. A free society with liberty is only sustainable with the majority that made it, these foreign aliens coming here dont give a rats about these ideas and values. People from everywhere are coming because we have spineless sell-outs in top positions letting them come without asking anyone if they want this.
Wrong. A free society is sustainable by those who choose to live as free people. It is sustainable by those who choose to live by its principles and obey its laws. This is why I don't care what race the person is. Whoever comes and decides to live by America's laws and its principles, doesn't matter.

And speaking of ethnic groups, well, consider how Native Americans felt being slaughtered, and how smaller peoples got slaughtered before that.

People have been coming everywhere to the USA for ages. We've had influxes before. I say deport the illegals, and the ones who obey the law, leave them alone.

Again, you have not given me a reason to be concerned about the change in demographics(other than the behavior of illegals). I can find reasons for concern when it comes to ILLEGAL immigrants. However, for those who are here legally, you have not given me a reason to be concerned as far as demographics go.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2014, 09:47 PM
 
44,571 posts, read 43,103,689 times
Reputation: 14375
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed tho the Indians need to take it up with Spain, France and England. The US, Canada and LatAm countries were "spin offs" of the 3 countries across the ocean. Too; the different tribes had THEIR share of nasty donnybrooks with each other, even before 1492 so they def have NO moral high ground.
My point to the person was that people have been coming for ages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2014, 10:01 PM
 
89 posts, read 123,241 times
Reputation: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Wrong. A free society is sustainable by those who choose to live as free people. It is sustainable by those who choose to live by its principles and obey its laws. This is why I don't care what race the person is. Whoever comes and decides to live by America's laws and its principles, doesn't matter.

And speaking of ethnic groups, well, consider how Native Americans felt being slaughtered, and how smaller peoples got slaughtered before that.

People have been coming everywhere to the USA for ages. We've had influxes before. I say deport the illegals, and the ones who obey the law, leave them alone.

Again, you have not given me a reason to be concerned about the change in demographics(other than the behavior of illegals). I can find reasons for concern when it comes to ILLEGAL immigrants. However, for those who are here legally, you have not given me a reason to be concerned as far as demographics go.
I already gave you reasons but you cant accept them because they are not part of the majority founding race of the USA. Every majority ethnic group knows becoming a minority is bad and against their future survival, this is why no other groups of people around the world allow foreign immigrants into their lands, this is a problem which white Anglo-Europeans are going to have to over come themselves.

Liberty works by the people who made it, again this does not include non-white foreigners since they have their own laws and customs which they have been imposing on the majority. None of them in their homelands base their ways on civil liberties and they cant sustain it in the US either.

As for the Indians they fought for their people and land for a long time and good on them. The point is they didnt allow foreign aliens to displace them without a fight, WASP Americans are giving their country away on a plater, something that has never before happened in history.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-15-2014, 10:47 PM
 
11,487 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Reputation: 9864
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The illegal immigration situation is the only thing that is concerning me. I don't care where they are coming from.

My whole point was me arguing against someone trying to turn this into "we don't want "those people" coming here".

Well...I don't want "those people coming here". "Those people" refers to illegal aliens. In the past, ICE has deported illegals back to 189 different countries which covers every race, religion and ethnicity. All illegal aliens have this in common---they have no business being here and need to leave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2014, 07:36 AM
 
31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8352
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The illegal immigration situation is the only thing that is concerning me. I don't care where they are coming from.

My whole point was me arguing against someone trying to turn this into "we don't want "those people" coming here".
One of the problems is that most coming here illegally are from one ethnic group. Do you want to have to learn and speak Spanish or have our culture transformed because at some point their numbers are larger than the non-Hispanic white and black population in this country? No one has said that they don't want Hispanics coming here "legally" so you are grasping at straws now. I would like to see our immigration numbers be more diversified though like it used to be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-16-2014, 07:49 AM
 
31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Reputation: 8352
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Wrong. A free society is sustainable by those who choose to live as free people. It is sustainable by those who choose to live by its principles and obey its laws. This is why I don't care what race the person is. Whoever comes and decides to live by America's laws and its principles, doesn't matter.

And speaking of ethnic groups, well, consider how Native Americans felt being slaughtered, and how smaller peoples got slaughtered before that.

People have been coming everywhere to the USA for ages. We've had influxes before. I say deport the illegals, and the ones who obey the law, leave them alone.

Again, you have not given me a reason to be concerned about the change in demographics(other than the behavior of illegals). I can find reasons for concern when it comes to ILLEGAL immigrants. However, for those who are here legally, you have not given me a reason to be concerned as far as demographics go.
You keep switching from legal to illegal. Why is that? You say deport the illegals but the ones who obey our laws, leave them alone. Who's bothering those here legally? I have already given you a reason to be concerned about the change in our demographics when those coming here illegally are mostly from one ethnic group. At least if the illegal alien population were more diversified they would be assimilating better and we would still be able to retain our identifying culture and English as our national language but they all still need to go home regardless of who they are. Forgive me if I am wrong but I get the feeling that you actually like the idea of the non-Hispanic white population in this country no longer being the majority via illegal immigration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top