Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2014, 02:18 PM

24,482 posts, read 17,220,223 times

Advertisements

It looks like Obama will soon be using his poison pen very soon to inflict pain on America.
I just don't get it. How can letting millions of illegal aliens who are breaking our laws already and know it be anything but a negative for America in granting them amnesty and allowing them to stay?
From what I have seen, read and heard there are no positives. There might be positives in the game that is politics but what are the positives for America?
Can someone who believes in giving amnesty to millions give me positive examples of why this is a good idea.
Try to convince me and the millions of citizens who think amnesty is a bad idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2014, 02:45 PM

9,288 posts, read 14,899,623 times
He's threatening it because the REPUBs have stonewalled all attempts at passing any reform bill. White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters on Friday that Obama will proceed with an executive order unless the House acts by December on the reform the Senate passed last year.

I could be wrong but I do not think the REPUBS proposed any counter legislation to help solve the issue.

Old 11-13-2014, 02:53 PM

62,932 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollytree View Post
He's threatening it because the REPUBs have stonewalled all attempts at passing any reform bill. White House press secretary Josh Earnest told reporters on Friday that Obama will proceed with an executive order unless the House acts by December on the reform the Senate passed last year.

I could be wrong but I do not think the REPUBS proposed any counter legislation to help solve the issue.
Actually, they did but Obama and the Dems didn't like what they proposed. There is no reform bill that came out of congress anyway only amnesty. Amnesty does not solve the issue and in fact it will only make the problem worse.

Old 11-13-2014, 03:57 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:

Not stonewalling any reform. Stonewalling a very bad reform bill.

Old 11-13-2014, 04:46 PM

89 posts, read 209,823 times
This will hurt white Americans the most. Why aren't they making a stand against it? If you all tolerate it then dont complain later on.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:14 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,873,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Saxon Lion View Post
This will hurt white Americans the most. Why aren't they making a stand against it? If you all tolerate it then dont complain later on.
It will hurt ALL of America, not only whites. But that's the whole point. Obama wants to make this country MUCH LESS white than it is, though that's most often the unspoken 800-lb gorilla in the room.

Handouts. welfare, illegal drivers, 3-4 families living in a house meant for 1 family with the resultant filth--breeding like rats and rabbits.....

Bad enough that they leave their trash all over places where they are crossing. The filth and trash they spread all over the place is disgusting, and so are the Third-world diseases they bring.

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors...m#.VGVJeWd0zDc

Old 11-13-2014, 05:16 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Uh; it's hurting Blacks and many American Hispanics worse than most anglo white people.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:20 PM

62,932 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
It hurts all Americans and the majority taking a stance against illegal immigration and amnesty are whites except for the bleeding heart liberal types.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:20 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,966,530 times
The deal breaker was not closing the border and the cost. It was a pretty good bill the Gang of Eight, a hand-picked bi-partisan group, proposed, but you will see a comment by Rubio about not having another wave of illegal immigrants come into the country (closing the border) and a few other issues. It is a very difficult bill to pass. The very first thing that needs to happen is to close the border which would require restoring the border patrol and not hamstringing them as has been done.

Immigration Bill Chugs Along, But Some See Deal-Breakers : It's All Politics : NPR

I really hope Obama does not enter an EO as he is threatening to do. The backlash would be horrible. He's not in a good place since he made commitments.

PS: I would really like to see Obama put together another group or restore the Gang of Eight and really work to overcome the objections and get some concessions. It would go a long way.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:28 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,032,416 times
Quote:

You could be and you are wrong, anything the Republicans have proposed has ended up sitting on Harry Reid's desk for years now. Obama is huffing and puffing about an executive order because he knows the bull**** he wants to push through would be hated by the American people and in turn by their representatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration