U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-31-2009, 03:31 PM
 
46 posts, read 54,237 times
Reputation: 21

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by a flag of honor View Post
its also a shame you ignore the problems of illegals.. i also came from illegal ancestry until they became citizens asap.. they never came off the boat to use and abuse this country.. they came here to raise their families that they supported without tax payer assistance.. they came here and learned the language and they didn't have the support of tax assisted teachers to help them learn the language.. they taught their children to respect America and to speak english only when in public..My grandparents commented on it being rude to do otherwise in America..they didn't have the options of pressing 1 for english or 2 for Italian. They worked 2 and 3 jobs to pay their rents and put food on the table.. they weren't given the opportunity to have tax paid sec 8 free housing or food stamps. They were health checked and the ones that didn't pass, were sent back to the old country which divided families. They had no tax payer support for college assistance for their kids.. They saved and slaved to send their children to college.. They respected this "land of the free" with all they had.. they kept their homes and their surroundings clean.. i remember as a very young girl, helping my grandmother sweep the streets and doing the whole block.. We all did back then.. it was such a disgrace to throw trash in the streets. We had trash cans and had to use them.. We used the streetcars to go anywhere..to work and play..An automobile was too expensive.. We even went to the beach and parks using public transportation..If we had a car, we would be considered among the elite..My grandfather opened a small fruit stand. then it grew into a small grocery store.. He often gave away more than he sold or gave credit.. He had a big heart.. It paid off greatly.. he would often tell us to be generous to the ones that needed it most.. God will reward you. which it did..We were so blessed and proud to say that we made it all on our own and our children and grandchildren were raised to respect the land of the free and they worked and scraped and learn to save.. they didn't grow up on welfare and collecting tax funded amenities.. they were too proud for that.. We hang the American flag with great pride and honor.. We would never consider burning it. Society today has changed.. and with the illegals coming to this beautiful "land of the free" and using and abusing the generosities of taxpayers is wrong. To have "anchor babies" and allowing someone else support their children is wrong.. To come to America and burning our flags and hanging their own, is wrong..To use our amenities like our gorgeous parks and beaches and throw their litter on the ground is wrong..To rent our homes and abuse our properties is wrong..to use phony id's to collect tax assisted medicaid, sec 8, food stamps, emergency cash assistance is wrong...So now that i told you my life story, is there any thing i said that offended you or just plain untrue? To the ones that came to this country and became citizens and used their own resources to survive the world we live in..God Bless you and welcome to this great land of America..

Most of these cr... you're talking about, are just myths that have already been debunked, the truth is that those people you're talking about is descriptive of the typical anglo without social support, that ends up in the streets, therefore we are the developed nation with the highest number of homeless in the world, hispanic immigrants are upwardly moving, our society is increasingly more bilingual every day.

 
Old 05-31-2009, 04:11 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,721,341 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by corre-caminos View Post
Most of these cr... you're talking about, are just myths that have already been debunked, the truth is that those people you're talking about is descriptive of the typical anglo without social support, that ends up in the streets, therefore we are the developed nation with the highest number of homeless in the world, hispanic immigrants are upwardly moving, our society is increasingly more bilingual every day.
ROFLMAO............................DREAM on there.
 
Old 05-31-2009, 04:53 PM
 
235 posts, read 251,724 times
Reputation: 106
Default your a..

myths? not hardly.. point out the myths and provide me links.. ... they come here and scam the taxpayers out of billions every year and now you press 2 for spanish and mostly everything you buy is spelled out in spanish.. are you all buying your way into this land of the free? are you buying our politicians.. i bet you are. you bring with you disease, cartells, drugs and demand our tax dollars support you..damn, they don't even know what a trash can is used for.. just toss it in the street.. maybe the wind and the rain will carry it to the ocean so none of us can swim in our once so beautiful oceans..yeah..keep sneaking in the back door like the snakes you are.. once a snake always a snake.. and then wonder why americans aren't taking this too well.. if you would come here and get health checked like our immigrants did and support your own self instead of taking money away from our kids, it might not be so bad.. but its in your blood to be crooks..you ruined your country and doing a great job of taking down another one..


Quote:
Originally Posted by corre-caminos View Post
Most of these cr... you're talking about, are just myths that have already been debunked, the truth is that those people you're talking about is descriptive of the typical anglo without social support, that ends up in the streets, therefore we are the developed nation with the highest number of homeless in the world, hispanic immigrants are upwardly moving, our society is increasingly more bilingual every day.
 
Old 05-31-2009, 05:09 PM
 
Location: The Wine Country, CA
807 posts, read 1,119,899 times
Reputation: 302
Quote:
Originally Posted by corre-caminos View Post
Most of these cr... you're talking about, are just myths that have already been debunked, the truth is that those people you're talking about is descriptive of the typical anglo without social support, that ends up in the streets, therefore we are the developed nation with the highest number of homeless in the world, hispanic immigrants are upwardly moving, our society is increasingly more bilingual every day.
Myths? Upwardly Mobile? Being able to climb a fence because one does NOT want to deal with OR hold their government accountable of their original country and then expecting citizens of the U.S. to fund YOUR prolific child births AND to be able to commit identity theft is NOT exactly something to celebrate..

"Our society is increasingly more billingual every day".. It is because illegal aliens are too lazy to learn english?.. Wow! Real cause for a celebration!
 
Old 05-31-2009, 07:47 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,782,538 times
Reputation: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by corre-caminos View Post
Most of these cr... you're talking about, are just myths that have already been debunked, the truth is that those people you're talking about is descriptive of the typical anglo without social support, that ends up in the streets, therefore we are the developed nation with the highest number of homeless in the world, hispanic immigrants are upwardly moving, our society is increasingly more bilingual every day.
Debunked myths ?? Do you have anything to back that up or are your drugs just wearing off ?? ROLMFAO And the truth is ?? Thats your offically truthful opinion correct??

Question ?? How does pushing a taco cart, working at burger king, washing cars or popping out anchor babies (to obtain welfare money) make illegal (or legal) hispanics "upwardly mobile"?

Damn you, you homeless anglos with no social support, just Damn You. We alway knew it was you.....
 
Old 06-01-2009, 10:55 AM
 
9 posts, read 10,295 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by a flag of honor View Post
My immigrant family came here, was health checked, and paid their own way.. they didn't rely on taxpayers to support them or their anchor babies..they loved our culture and learned our language. they hung the american flag with pride.. how poor is mexico that they come here so taxpayers can feed/clothe/house them? why should I? Because you say "i owe them".. not on your life Jose!!!!
First off, WHY did your immigrant family come here? Wasn't their own country SWOLLEN with opportunity? I wonder what caused THAT!

Secondly all the immigrants ask is for a health check, and to pay their own way, if you hadn't noticed that door has been closed thats why you have a waiting list of ten years long. That is half a lifetime(working years).

Third the immigrants who get lucky, they HAVE become successful, the DO start businesses and they have the drive because they haven't been weaned on the get something for nothing US television of gluttony.

Lastly did I say where I was from? I could be Native American in which case NO YOU DID NOT LEARN OUR language, you forced us to learn yours!

or I could be African American in which case I could say "would love to love my culture, but oh- wait that was STOLEN TOO, along with all the other things the US has collected around the world"

I REPEAT there is NOTHING that is OWNED by the UNITED STATES, that flourishes, provides income and wealth, health and prosperity, that does not have its roots in the EXPANSION of the EUROPEAN peoples around the globe. The trades they established which later turned into businesses which later turned into corporations which were handed down within families and within cliques. The parts of the planet that were upheaved to build these businesses, the people and animals that lived there and either now roam somewhere else or have gone extinct, are all to be laid at the feet of the US and Europe.

As a child I always thought that the United States was the country that provided the most fairness amongst its people (I was taught the propaganda too) but now I know that the reason we are the most powerful, is because we WEREN'T providing equality. We weren't meeting the needs of our citizenry with Universal healthcare, civil rights, equal justice, environmental clean up, NO because THAT would have taken money out of some RICH corporate family's hands.

I look around now and see the citizen health in Sweden and France and England and Canada and I remember what the natives say "white man speak with forked tongue". Yes, they WRITE a constitution, but it takes 20 some odd ammendments to make it fair.

I take pride in America, but not for all of the wrong things she's done, but for the one right thing, the establishment of a triune government, with a constitution that CAN be ammended. With a declaration of Independence that says all people are created equal, and have the RIGHT to LIFE, LIBERTY and the PURSUIT of happiness. Not just the ones from the exploiter countries. That we have a RIGHT to redress our GRIEVANCES and require our government to change if it allows for anything other than FAIRNESS. I'm proud that despite all of the shannegans that goes on behind the white house, and congress and now even the supreme court doors, SOMEHOW we still have access to the ideals of that constitution and we have "peaceful" transitions of government

You only have to examine a few news stories to know what I'm saying is true. Nike, Nestle, Dupont are recent examples of corporations abusing the people and places that work for them. Pick something up in your house (albeit the chinese are getting their revenge) where did it come from before the Chinese made it? what corporation? what were their practices for extracting this object. how long have they been in business (remember business names come and go but the people and money don't) How long has Lehman brothers been screwing the world? since the tune of "overthrowing Nicaragua in the 1900's? How long has Dole or United fruit been around? Since the overthrow of Hawaii?

Stop trying to act as if you live in a vacuum. Bunch of crybabies "the US is good it didn't do nothin'" Try facing up to your mistakes and fix them so that they don't happen again, that's the best way to keep us safe.


For those of you who CARE read some books.
OVERTHROW: America's regime change ffrom Hawaii to Iraq by Stephen Kinzer. And that John Foster Dulles guy that they named an airport after?, one of the worst in exploitation in my book. In crime dramas they say follow the money. Sounds like a good way to find a criminal to me. and the crimes continue...

Last edited by aicram62; 06-01-2009 at 11:05 AM.. Reason: left out author's name
 
Old 06-01-2009, 11:26 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,861,656 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by aicram62 View Post
First off, WHY did your immigrant family come here? Wasn't their own country SWOLLEN with opportunity? I wonder what caused THAT!

Secondly all the immigrants ask is for a health check, and to pay their own way, if you hadn't noticed that door has been closed thats why you have a waiting list of ten years long. That is half a lifetime(working years).

Third the immigrants who get lucky, they HAVE become successful, the DO start businesses and they have the drive because they haven't been weaned on the get something for nothing US television of gluttony.

Lastly did I say where I was from? I could be Native American in which case NO YOU DID NOT LEARN OUR language, you forced us to learn yours!

or I could be African American in which case I could say "would love to love my culture, but oh- wait that was STOLEN TOO, along with all the other things the US has collected around the world"

I REPEAT there is NOTHING that is OWNED by the UNITED STATES, that flourishes, provides income and wealth, health and prosperity, that does not have its roots in the EXPANSION of the EUROPEAN peoples around the globe. The trades they established which later turned into businesses which later turned into corporations which were handed down within families and within cliques. The parts of the planet that were upheaved to build these businesses, the people and animals that lived there and either now roam somewhere else or have gone extinct, are all to be laid at the feet of the US and Europe.

As a child I always thought that the United States was the country that provided the most fairness amongst its people (I was taught the propaganda too) but now I know that the reason we are the most powerful, is because we WEREN'T providing equality. We weren't meeting the needs of our citizenry with Universal healthcare, civil rights, equal justice, environmental clean up, NO because THAT would have taken money out of some RICH corporate family's hands.

I look around now and see the citizen health in Sweden and France and England and Canada and I remember what the natives say "white man speak with forked tongue". Yes, they WRITE a constitution, but it takes 20 some odd ammendments to make it fair.

I take pride in America, but not for all of the wrong things she's done, but for the one right thing, the establishment of a triune government, with a constitution that CAN be ammended. With a declaration of Independence that says all people are created equal, and have the RIGHT to LIFE, LIBERTY and the PURSUIT of happiness. Not just the ones from the exploiter countries. That we have a RIGHT to redress our GRIEVANCES and require our government to change if it allows for anything other than FAIRNESS. I'm proud that despite all of the shannegans that goes on behind the white house, and congress and now even the supreme court doors, SOMEHOW we still have access to the ideals of that constitution and we have "peaceful" transitions of government

You only have to examine a few news stories to know what I'm saying is true. Nike, Nestle, Dupont are recent examples of corporations abusing the people and places that work for them. Pick something up in your house (albeit the chinese are getting their revenge) where did it come from before the Chinese made it? what corporation? what were their practices for extracting this object. how long have they been in business (remember business names come and go but the people and money don't) How long has Lehman brothers been screwing the world? since the tune of "overthrowing Nicaragua in the 1900's? How long has Dole or United fruit been around? Since the overthrow of Hawaii?

Stop trying to act as if you live in a vacuum. Bunch of crybabies "the US is good it didn't do nothin'" Try facing up to your mistakes and fix them so that they don't happen again, that's the best way to keep us safe.


For those of you who CARE read some books.
OVERTHROW: America's regime change ffrom Hawaii to Iraq by Stephen Kinzer. And that John Foster Dulles guy that they named an airport after?, one of the worst in exploitation in my book. In crime dramas they say follow the money. Sounds like a good way to find a criminal to me. and the crimes continue...
I certainly canít argue with most of your post, because you are spot-on. However, how does this relate to illegal immigration and our right to determine who does or does not gain entry to our country? We are already accepting more legal immigrants than ALL other countries combined.

I donít believe anyone is trying to absolve this country of past or current injustices. However, name one powerful nation that has not subjugated others, or is not guilty of human rights violations. The U.S. may not be a perfect nation, but it is by far, leaps and bounds above many other countries in this world. We may not have eradicated all forms of discrimination or injustice, but we have certainly made notable progress.

We canít accommodate the entire world; nor should we be put on a guilt trip to force us to embrace 20+ million illegal aliens.
 
Old 06-01-2009, 11:40 AM
 
Location: Helena, Montana
2,010 posts, read 2,050,393 times
Reputation: 780
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I certainly canít argue with most of your post, because you are spot-on. However, how does this relate to illegal immigration and our right to determine who does or does not gain entry to our country? We are already accepting more legal immigrants than ALL other countries combined.

I donít believe anyone is trying to absolve this country of past or current injustices. However, name one powerful nation that has not subjugated others, or is not guilty of human rights violations. The U.S. may not be a perfect nation, but it is by far, leaps and bounds above many other countries in this world. We may not have eradicated all forms of discrimination or injustice, but we have certainly made notable progress.
I agree. This rant of USA bashing has nothing to do with the OP.

Quote:
We canít accommodate the entire world; nor should we be put on a guilt trip to force us to embrace 20+ million illegal aliens.
 
Old 06-01-2009, 12:06 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,653,321 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I certainly canít argue with most of your post, because you are spot-on. However, how does this relate to illegal immigration and our right to determine who does or does not gain entry to our country? We are already accepting more legal immigrants than ALL other countries combined.

I donít believe anyone is trying to absolve this country of past or current injustices. However, name one powerful nation that has not subjugated others, or is not guilty of human rights violations. The U.S. may not be a perfect nation, but it is by far, leaps and bounds above many other countries in this world. We may not have eradicated all forms of discrimination or injustice, but we have certainly made notable progress.

We canít accommodate the entire world; nor should we be put on a guilt trip to force us to embrace 20+ million illegal aliens.
Well said....and so true. The US isn't perfect...no country is. But we're WAY ahead of most of the competition, MANY of whom don't even PRETEND to offer what we do to so many immigrants from so many places.

And as to the unhappy poster you responded to?...that person (above) who seems to feel the US is "uniquely guilty" of so much inhumanity, greed, and has basically become great by 'ripping off' the world and exploiting the 'underdog', I must say, at the risk of sounding 'trite', that by ALL MEANS, if you TRULY feel THAT bad about the U.S., then I would think you'd almost be morally obligated to LEAVE. If the USA is half as 'evil' a society as you seem to think it is, the simple fact of your being here and reaping the benefits makes you a party to that evil. I don't see how you can, in good conscience, continue to live in a place you feel is so abusive and corrupt. (Or is it possible you're just exaggerating? That maybe the US is 'The Worst Country on Earth',.... but not REALLY?)

Apparently, your dim view of the 'evil' US society is not shared by others, who continue to show up here in the millions, legally or illegally, to get their chance at a 'piece of the pie', and to participate in, and to benefit from, our 'evil' society. Could it be your remarks were made without careful consideration?
 
Old 06-01-2009, 01:22 PM
 
Location: San Diego
33,002 posts, read 30,272,140 times
Reputation: 17807
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I certainly canít argue with most of your post, because you are spot-on. However, how does this relate to illegal immigration and our right to determine who does or does not gain entry to our country? We are already accepting more legal immigrants than ALL other countries combined.

I donít believe anyone is trying to absolve this country of past or current injustices. However, name one powerful nation that has not subjugated others, or is not guilty of human rights violations. The U.S. may not be a perfect nation, but it is by far, leaps and bounds above many other countries in this world. We may not have eradicated all forms of discrimination or injustice, but we have certainly made notable progress.

We canít accommodate the entire world; nor should we be put on a guilt trip to force us to embrace 20+ million illegal aliens.
How anyone can embrace kicking down the back door to a place where they were told to wait in line at the front is beyond me. You don't get to be an American just because you want to or because you "say so". There are billions of impoverished people in the World with the same wants and needs and we can't satisfy everyone. It's passed time other Countries get their populations stabilized so that they don't have to caste them off like pawns to send money back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top