U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 01:46 PM

9 posts, read 10,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I certainly can’t argue with most of your post, because you are spot-on. However, how does this relate to illegal immigration and our right to determine who does or does not gain entry to our country? We are already accepting more legal immigrants than ALL other countries combined.

I don’t believe anyone is trying to absolve this country of past or current injustices. However, name one powerful nation that has not subjugated others, or is not guilty of human rights violations. The U.S. may not be a perfect nation, but it is by far, leaps and bounds above many other countries in this world. We may not have eradicated all forms of discrimination or injustice, but we have certainly made notable progress.

We can’t accommodate the entire world; nor should we be put on a guilt trip to force us to embrace 20+ million illegal aliens.
It relates to migration because, just as the Europeans migrated to find better opportunities for their families, so the the Mexicans will migrate as well. And frankly as they are descendants of Native Americans (I mean it is North, Central and South America, all the peoples on this side of the world are AMERINDIANS) they aren't REALLY immigrating. I don't have this as a fact but I can bet during the depression, Americans went to Canada and Mexico to find work. They probably hopped on ships to Asia and Africa as well.

I think the better solution would have been to meet the need. Charge a fee, run the criminal and medical checks, assign a caseworker/probation officer and give a time limit (maybe that's what the guest worker program is) Then if they want to stay give them a number and get the most out of it. I believe that any money they send home comes right back when they want our goods.
I also believe every group that has come has brought something good to the fabric of America, we're a patch quilt, and they are just filling the latest hole.

The problem is the fear that whites have that the people will not be white, will not speak, english... and whatever else it is that white people treasure.

The whites don't want other peoples here. I'm looking at my son's history book for a first grader. It's concept of ancient history is all things white. Roman, England, Pilgrim... It's wrong, and it's a lie.

we've all withstood thousands of years of oppression and they can't handle one decade of affirmative action without challenging the idea in the courts.

I ordered the book that Hugo Chavez gave to President Obama, it is about the corporations that wrecked havoc on the Latin American countries over the past 500 years. Your people like to call for others to come and testify,
well, read that testimony

Open Veins of Latin America: 5 centuries of the pillage of a continent by Eduardo Galeano

It is true that it is the history of human beings to hurt one another from time to time. There have been other enslavements and genocides. The case here is why should America find another solution to its immigration problem? I believe America has had a direct effect to the cause of its immigration problems. And these direct effects are from the RECENT past, the life of this country the life of the moment a European stepped on to land in the western hemisphere, and I believe we (well we had who knows now with the economy)have the fortitude to make something stronger. We say we need to replenish our military. I am not advocating forcing a person to serve in order to enter, but I know many Mexicans are deeply touched by the tradgedy of 9/11. Many would WANT to join our military. I just think there is so much we could do if we stopped being genophobic.

Last edited by aicram62; 06-02-2009 at 01:53 PM.. Reason: missed a point

Old 06-02-2009, 01:56 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,046,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aicram62 View Post
It relates to migration because, just as the Europeans migrated to find better opportunities for their families, so the the Mexicans will migrate as well. And frankly as they are descendants of Native Americans (I mean it is North, Central and South America, all the peoples on this side of the world are AMERINDIANS) they aren't REALLY immigrating. I don't have this as a fact but I can bet during the depression, Americans went to Canada and Mexico to find work. They probably hopped on ships to Asia and Africa as well.

I think the better solution would have been to meet the need. Charge a fee, run the criminal and medical checks, assign a caseworker/probation officer and give a time limit (maybe that's what the guest worker program is) Then if they want to stay give them a number and get the most out of it. I believe that any money they send home comes right back when they want our goods.
I also believe every group that has come has brought something good to the fabric of America, we're a patch quilt, and they are just filling the latest hole.

The problem is the fear that whites have that the people will not be white, will not speak, english... and whatever else it is that white people treasure.

The whites don't want other peoples here. I'm looking at my son's history book for a first grader. It's concept of ancient history is all things white. Roman, England, Pilgrim... It's wrong, and it's a lie.

we've all withstood thousands of years of oppression and they can't handle one decade of affirmative action without challenging the idea in the courts.

I ordered the book that Hugo Chavez gave to President Obama, it is about the corporations that wrecked havoc on the Latin American countries over the past 500 years. Your people like to call for others to come and testify,
well, read that testimony

Open Veins of Latin America: 5 centuries of the pillage of a continent by Eduardo Galeano
Really? Is that what us white devils are afraid of? Me personally, I'd MUCH rather import 20 million African immigrants who would respect this country, learn English and be GRATEFUL for the oppurtunity, and send the 20 million + ungrateful hispanic illegals back home. Nothing to do with race, all to do with respect for this nation and it's laws. Every country/race has been oppressed at one point in time, most have moved on and built a productive society. The countries south of the border that suck is their own fault, and THEY are responsible for fixing themselves, NOT the United States.

Old 06-02-2009, 01:56 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,719,093 times
Quote:
Well I'm no expert but it is often said that our medicines come from the jungles of the tropical countries,. And until I learn who was on the team that scientifically developed the anti virus I'll hold my appreciation. As the creators of living in abodes that are built right upon top of another (apartments, ghettos, villages, English towns) the Anglo Saxon was the first to experience epidemics. And then we all know what happened next.... Thanks for sharing.
"Our medicines come from the jungles of the tropical countries". Umm, no. With the exception of curare (which is no longer used) and several others our medicines do not come from tropical jungles. Yours may but mine don't.

Why does it matter who was on the team that developed Tamiflu? Do you and your grupo not want it unless the pre-requisite number of hispanics were on the development team? Great! Just say the word and we will keep our antivirals for the treatment of Americans who do wish to receive it.

As far as the living arrangements goes, unless my memory fails me didn't the Mayans and Aztecs live in cities? People began living in permanent dwellings close proximity to each other when we adopted agriculture and it was no longer necessary to constantly be on the move to find food. This occurred way before the Anglo Saxon society.

Your knowledge of the history of epidemics is lacking. Epidemics occurred well before the Anglo Saxons. Remember the Plagues of Egypt in the Bible? The plague of Athens (circa 430 BC) also occurred prior to the Anglo Saxon civilization.

And thank you for sharing, too.

Quote:
Health status in the New World prior to European contact
was probably influenced by several diseases including dysentery,
common bacterial infections, salmonella and other food
poisonings, viral influenzas and pneumonias, viral and
rickettsial fevers, typhus, tuberculosis, American leishmaniasis
(transmitted by "kissing bugs"), South American trypanosomiasis
(also present in Africa as "sleeping sickness"), intestinal worms
and other intestinal parasites, non-venereal syphilis,
nutritional deficiency states (such as goiter in highland
populations), and various forms of arthritis.
http://www.millersville.edu/~columbus/data/art/MICOZZI1.ART (broken link)

Quote:
As for your violin, we teach our children that if you do something wrong, you should try to make amends. It's funny how quickly that is tossed aside once we're grown. The good thing about the US is we have the right to change our mistakes, we have the obligation, the desire. Just some selfish folk talking me, my, mine, about things they stole trying to stop us from doing the right thing.
We owe our 'neighbors' to the South nothing. The only people who are behaving selfishly and thinking of no one except themselves are the illegals.

Old 06-02-2009, 02:01 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,719,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Really? Is that what us white devils are afraid of? Me personally, I'd MUCH rather import 20 million African immigrants who would respect this country, learn English and be GRATEFUL for the oppurtunity, and send the 20 million + ungrateful hispanic illegals back home. Nothing to do with race, all to do with respect for this nation and it's laws. Every country/race has been oppressed at one point in time, most have moved on and built a productive society. The countries south of the border that suck is their own fault, and THEY are responsible for fixing themselves, NOT the United States.
ROFL!! The Diablo Blancos of El Norte!

Old 06-02-2009, 02:38 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Quote:
Segregation was legal once. Just because it is a law doesn't mean it is a good one.
Quote:
Perhaps if we give back ALL of those riches we stole from their countries they might be able to do just that. Perhaps if we resurrected the leaders of their country that we assassinated, who had dreams of building schools for everyone, but would have to get rid of American corporations in their country to do so.
Quote:
What are we saying Americans don't litter? Americans don't cheat the tax system?(which is illegal to begin with) Americans don't deal drugs? Americans don't buy politicians? (watch the Godfather again will ya?) sounds to me like they're fitting right in!
You are trying to justify the lawlessness inherent in illegal immigration by demonizing this country. Yes, this country has made its share of mistakes, but you cannot live in the past. If this is your only defense, you really have nothing substantive to offer.

Do you have a cogent argument to support illegal immigration that can stand on its own merit?

Old 06-02-2009, 03:24 PM

3,640 posts, read 4,315,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
So what makes the hispanic illegals more deserving of our help then those in many Asian and African countries who are MUCH worse off?
They are the chosen people, ya know! The problem being that nobody told me that I was chosen at all and I had to work for everything, and damn glad that I did.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:38 PM

46 posts, read 54,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
Debunked myths ?? Do you have anything to back that up or are your drugs just wearing off ?? ROLMFAO And the truth is ?? Thats your offically truthful opinion correct??

Question ?? How does pushing a taco cart, working at burger king, washing cars or popping out anchor babies (to obtain welfare money) make illegal (or legal) hispanics "upwardly mobile"?

Damn you, you homeless anglos with no social support, just Damn You. We alway knew it was you.....
You people don't get, hispanics are the fastest group moving out of poverty in the US, in the vast majority of cases hispanics speak spanish as a choice, even fifth generation hispanics knowing perfect english would communicate in spanish, people have the right to speak in whatever language thay chose to, I would recommend to the uni-lingual people of this country get some culture and learn spanish, of course if they want...

Old 06-02-2009, 04:54 PM

804 posts, read 1,176,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corre-caminos View Post
You people don't get, hispanics are the fastest group moving out of poverty in the US, in the vast majority of cases hispanics speak spanish as a choice, even fifth generation hispanics knowing perfect english would communicate in spanish, people have the right to speak in whatever language thay chose to, I would recommend to the uni-lingual people of this country get some culture and learn spanish, of course if they want...
Funny thing that you mention, with my youngest brother we only speak Spanish to him since he was born. He picked up English in no time at school and now speaks both languages properly. And he is 7.

My parents did decide to teach him how to read/write in English first though, because the going back and forth was confusing him. But he can communicate with no problem in both languages.

Old 06-02-2009, 04:58 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corre-caminos View Post
I have absolutely no problem with Hispanic-Americans, and they are not the focus of our discussions. However, illegal aliens of ANY race/ethnicity are not welcome. So you can put away the defunct race care.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:26 PM

23,631 posts, read 31,286,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bipolarpunk View Post
Comparing SEGREGATION to ILLEGAL Immigration are two different concepts.. Segregation was imposed on LEGAL U.S. Citizens that were African Americans, laws against Illegal Immigration are passed against those that have violated the law by entering this country to begin with..

Aligning the Black Experience with the Illegal Alien experience is NOT even comperable.. Try Again!
I would give you positive rep for this if I could, the system says I have to spread it around!

You are so right, black Americans were truly victims of completely unjustifiable discrimination. They were born here, they have just as many rights as anyone else born here, and discriminating against them on the basis of their skin color is wrong. But being anti-illegal is not the same thing. They have actually done something wrong. Black Americans did nothing wrong, nothing to deserve the way they were treated, they were just black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or