U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 06-05-2009, 12:31 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,723,770 times
Reputation: 1285

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
Really? Is that what us white devils are afraid of? Me personally, I'd MUCH rather import 20 million African immigrants who would respect this country, learn English and be GRATEFUL for the oppurtunity, and send the 20 million + ungrateful hispanic illegals back home. Nothing to do with race, all to do with respect for this nation and it's laws. Every country/race has been oppressed at one point in time, most have moved on and built a productive society. The countries south of the border that suck is their own fault, and THEY are responsible for fixing themselves, NOT the United States.

I don't get it either. If we are going to bring immigrants, why can't they come from other parts of the world in equal numbers? There are people in Asia, Africa and the Indian subcontinent who are in far worse shape than someone from south of the border. If our goal is to help people why shouldn't other equally deserving families from Indonesia, Kenya or Sri Lanka have a chance to come here? I doubt someone rescued from the truly dire situation in Darfur is going to be marching around stomping on Old Glory and shouting that they are the true owners of this land. And actually, since mankind first arose in Africa, they have as valid a claim as any of these other 'groups'.

 
Old 06-05-2009, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,715,651 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by corre-caminos View Post
I would bring 20 million honest productive hard workers from south of the
border, and send 20 million lazy illiterate anglo junkies down south..
What makes you think that 20 million honest productive hard workers would wish to leave their well paying, comfortable jobs SoB?

I can safely say that 95% of the illegals from Mexico are its rejects-------since they cannot (or will not) prosper back home.
 
Old 06-05-2009, 04:45 PM
 
Location: deep in the south
233 posts, read 390,834 times
Reputation: 117
Default Don't care the nationality

I don't care from where they come from, if they are here illegally they need to GO back to their homeland. We do need and welcome immigration in this country, provided the rules are followed and it is done lawfully. I feel we should set a quota on it and divide that number among all people from all nations that want to come here. I also feel that those who have been caught being here illegally should face at least a 10 year ban on coming back in once this current mess gets sorted out. It is not just people from SOB who are here illegally, I know plenty from Ireland, Brazil, Ecuador and other countries and although many of them are friends they all know my stand on this mess and even they admit if the situations were reversed they would feel the same and that the consequences would be much worse if I had illegally taken up residence in any of their countries, and yet they scream about how they are being forced to live in the shadows, which wouldn't happen if they choose to follow this countrys rules and laws concerning immigration, but they operate by a double standard, they expect things from us they wouldn't dare to expect from their own people or government yet we are the bad guys for trying to enforce our laws here in our country.
 
Old 06-06-2009, 06:00 PM
 
46 posts, read 54,227 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
In an effort to educate people on the immigration issue and hopefully counter the overwhelmingly uneducated statements expressed here with some economical facts, I am posting an article I read in the Wall Street Journal this last Monday. This article explains in detail the real consequences and the impact of legal and illegal immigration. In essence, It totally supports my theory that this immigration problem is truly blown out of proportion.



Keeping Book on Immigration
December 31, 2007; Page A12




The Census Bureau informs us that when the clock strikes midnight, the U.S. population will exceed 303.1 million. That represents a one-year increase of 0.9% and a 22% increase since 1990, when our population stood at a mere 248.7 million souls. A lot of this growth is driven by immigration, a topic that has dominated the news for much of 2007.

Talk radio hosts, cable newscasters and Presidential hopefuls insist that foreign nationals drive crime rates, swell welfare rolls and steal jobs. But the data tell a very different story.

Between 1994 and 2005, the illegal immigrant population in the U.S. is estimated to have doubled to around 12 million. Yet according the Department of Justice, over that same period the violent crime rate in the U.S. declined by 34.2% and the property crime rate fell by 26.4%, reaching their lowest levels since 1973. Crime has fallen in cities with the largest immigrant populations -- such as New York, Los Angeles, Chicago and Miami -- as well as border cities like San Diego and El Paso, Texas.

A recent paper by the Immigration Policy Center, an advocacy group, notes that "Numerous studies by independent researchers and government commissions over the past 100 years repeatedly and consistently have found that immigrants are less likely to commit crimes or be behind bars than the native born." Today, immigrants on balance are five times less likely to be in prison than someone born here.

It's not because law-abiding foreign professionals from India and China are compensating for criminally inclined low-skill Latinos. Immigrants from countries that comprise the bulk of our illegal alien population -- including Mexicans, Salvadorans and Guatemalans -- have lower incarceration rates than the native-born.

Another popular belief is that immigrants come here to go on the dole. The data show that welfare caseloads have fallen as illegal immigration has risen. As Peter Wehner and Yuval Levin report in the December issue of Commentary magazine, "Since the high-water mark in 1994, the national welfare caseload has declined by 60%. Virtually every state in the union has reduced its caseload by at least a third, and some have achieved reductions of over 90%."

Apparently immigrants don't drive welfare caseloads anymore than they drive the U.S. crime rate. The authors go on to note that, "Not only have the numbers of people on welfare plunged, but, in the wake of the 1996 welfare-reform bill, overall poverty, child poverty, black child poverty and child hunger have all decreased, while employment figures for single mothers have risen."

For all the talk about the "invasion" of million upon million of job-consuming immigrants, the unemployment rate stands at 4.7%, and job growth continues apace. Immigrants aren't stealing jobs but filling them. The economic activity they create as consumers and entrepreneurs contributes to the overall economic growth.

None of this is to argue that illegal immigration doesn't have costs, especially in border communities and states with large public benefits. In the post-9/11 environment, knowing who's in the country is more important than ever. That's an argument for better regulating cross-border labor flows, not ending them.

The best way to reduce pressure on the border is by providing legal ways for people to come and work. With the Bracero guest-worker program of the 1950s, illegal entries from Mexico declined to a trickle. A similar program today could have much the same effect, while serving our homeland security and economic interests. On balance, the evidence shows that immigrants are still an asset to the U.S.

Only amnesty coupled to a comprehensive bracero program will work....

Last edited by corre-caminos; 06-06-2009 at 06:00 PM.. Reason: typo
 
Old 06-06-2009, 06:58 PM
 
Location: Phoenix
2,075 posts, read 1,782,229 times
Reputation: 946
Quote:
Originally Posted by corre-caminos View Post
I would bring 20 million honest productive hard workers from south of the
border, and send 20 million lazy illiterate anglo junkies down south..
Well sure you would, however, I doubt you could find 20million honest ( pardon me while I puke) people, much less hard workers, any where South of El Paso, TX. Your type of reverse racisism is obvious. You want 20million junkies and drug pushers ? Try Mexico.

You and the OP seem to be confused. What part of ILLEGAL is it you don't understand??

The OP seems to think he's brighter than everyone here, while he whines about "its the Governments problem" not mine. He quotes the "Wall Street Journal" (what a rag) while you merly try to insult everybody. Tell you what, why don't the pair of you take La Raza to the huddled masses in Mexico City.
 
Old 06-06-2009, 07:01 PM
 
235 posts, read 251,695 times
Reputation: 106
Default oh brother

maybe obama will make italian the official language of america since columbus discovered america.


Quote:
Originally Posted by corre-caminos View Post
For your info, Obama already made it clear that he will not sponsor any initiative for making english the official language, that means approximately 16 years of Obama's administration and post-presidential influence in which the subject will not be touched, in the meantime spanish will continue fluorishing as a second language...
 
Old 06-06-2009, 07:12 PM
 
235 posts, read 251,695 times
Reputation: 106
Default honest??

did you say honest??? What % of those coming into the country are getting legalized? Do you know? .. how honest is it for these so called "honest" gringos and latina's come to my country and have anchor babies for the sole purpose of welfare and you expect my dollars support your babies through college. NiCE parents? not hardly.... How honest is it for these illegals to use phony id's to obtain welfare, free housing, medicaid? How honest is it for illegals to get multiple checks every month using different phony id's. How honest was it for the drunken illegal who had a phony id drivers license hit me head on and split my car in half with me in it and skipped..Don't you dare come into MY Country and demand that we respect you..We don't.. you're lieing conniving filthy individuals who come to my country and demand your fair share of my dollars using fraud tactics.. HOW DARE you come into my country and raise your flag and burn mine..How DARE YOU ruin your own country and now ruin mine..HOw dare you come to our once so beautiful country and ruin it with your liquor bottles and trash thrown on our land.Don't you know what a trash can is used for? How dare you send your uninocculated children to my school and infect our children? How dare you take my childrens jobs from them by working for little cash and cramming a dozen of you in 1 house. camino's..I will go face to face with you any time you want and let you explain to me why my country owes you 'ANYTHING'!!!!!!! Until you and your friends get legal, pay your own way and respect my land and my ways as a civil inidividual, Get the hell out!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corre-caminos View Post
I would bring 20 million honest productive hard workers from south of the
border, and send 20 million lazy illiterate anglo junkies down south..
 
Old 06-06-2009, 08:00 PM
 
46 posts, read 54,227 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by a flag of honor View Post
did you say honest??? What % of those coming into the country are getting legalized? Do you know? .. how honest is it for these so called "honest" gringos and latina's come to my country and have anchor babies for the sole purpose of welfare and you expect my dollars support your babies through college. NiCE parents? not hardly.... How honest is it for these illegals to use phony id's to obtain welfare, free housing, medicaid? How honest is it for illegals to get multiple checks every month using different phony id's. How honest was it for the drunken illegal who had a phony id drivers license hit me head on and split my car in half with me in it and skipped..Don't you dare come into MY Country and demand that we respect you..We don't.. you're lieing conniving filthy individuals who come to my country and demand your fair share of my dollars using fraud tactics.. HOW DARE you come into my country and raise your flag and burn mine..How DARE YOU ruin your own country and now ruin mine..HOw dare you come to our once so beautiful country and ruin it with your liquor bottles and trash thrown on our land.Don't you know what a trash can is used for? How dare you send your uninocculated children to my school and infect our children? How dare you take my childrens jobs from them by working for little cash and cramming a dozen of you in 1 house. camino's..I will go face to face with you any time you want and let you explain to me why my country owes you 'ANYTHING'!!!!!!! Until you and your friends get legal, pay your own way and respect my land and my ways as a civil inidividual, Get the hell out!!!
Well to begin with it's not your country, 70 million hispanics share it with some 75 million anglos, 60 million from mediterranean/ eastern european ancestry, 45 milion african american, so really there is no clear ethnic domination in the U.S., what is clear is that in the near future hispanics will be the ethnic majority, and will have more power in all spheres, which happen to be a good thing since we are the hardest workers in the country, with the lowest prevalence of substance abuse including narcotics, hispanics are the ethnic group with the lowest consumption of tobacco, anglos in turn have the highest rates of drug abuse, tobacco use, alcohol use, along with very poor dental hygene, the highest rate of suicide, sex perverts, serial killers, illiterates, and homeless.
.... Sorry, but the facts are the facts, suck it up...
 
Old 06-06-2009, 08:07 PM
 
235 posts, read 251,695 times
Reputation: 106
Default your too funny

does anyone on this forum actually believe anything you say? you sure think positive on lies don't you.. your country *mehico* is responsible for bringing drugs into this country..and as far as hygene is concerned, our country was gorgeous until millions of illegals snuck in the back roads of mud country and dirtied this place just like they did in mexico.. You know i'm right, don't ya?? lol and as far as immigrants..i'll share with them anytime as long as it doesn't cost money.. you illegals come here for the pesos and demand them illegally.. once an illegal always an illegal.. and by the way, i wouldn't be talking about anglos rotten teeth if i were you.. unless you don't own a mirror..you don't know what facts are child..your just upset because you illegals will never be accepted..



Quote:
Originally Posted by corre-caminos View Post
Well to begin with it's not your country, 70 million hispanics share it with some 75 million anglos, 60 million from mediterranean/ eastern european ancestry, 45 milion african american, so really there is no clear ethnic domination in the U.S., what is clear is that in the near future hispanics will be the ethnic majority, and will have more power in all spheres, which happen to be a good thing since we are the hardest workers in the country, with the lowest prevalence of substance abuse including narcotics, hispanics are the ethnic group with the lowest consumption of tobacco, anglos in turn have the highest rates of drug abuse, tobacco use, alcohol use, along with very poor dental hygene, the highest rate of suicide, sex perverts, serial killers, illiterates, and homeless.
.... Sorry, but the facts are the facts, suck it up...
 
Old 06-06-2009, 08:16 PM
 
46 posts, read 54,227 times
Reputation: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by a flag of honor View Post
does anyone on this forum actually believe anything you say? you sure think positive on lies don't you.. your country *mehico* is responsible for bringing drugs into this country..and as far as hygene is concerned, our country was gorgeous until millions of illegals snuck in the back roads of mud country and dirtied this place just like they did in mexico.. You know i'm right, don't ya?? lol and as far as immigrants..i'll share with them anytime as long as it doesn't cost money.. you illegals come here for the pesos and demand them illegally.. once an illegal always an illegal.. and by the way, i wouldn't be talking about anglos rotten teeth if i were you.. unless you don't own a mirror..you don't know what facts are child..your just upset because you illegals will never be accepted..

OMG, you are the prototype, the one that is ridiculed not only here but also abroad. I remember a proffessor of mine that once said "the worst person is the ignorant one, because he doesn't realize how wrong he is"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top