U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 01-02-2008, 04:40 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Do you want be to post all the racist remarks that woman has said about mexicans? Or the fact that she makes up things?
That is not the issue at hand. You said the article was trash because it was not written by a doctor.

 
Old 01-02-2008, 04:47 PM
 
67 posts, read 37,422 times
Reputation: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
WOW, first of all that article is in 2005 and on Democracy Now, Lou Dobbs referred to Dr. Cosman as a whack job. Do you know Dr. cosman is not a real medical doctor?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

AMY GOODMAN: That’s Lou Dobbs on the show. The source behind the claim that there was a spike of 7,000 new cases of leprosy was a controversial medical attorney named Madeleine Cosman. In 2005, she described undocumented immigrants as “deadly time bombs, because of the diseases they bring into the country.” Cosman, who died last year, has also been criticized for these comments she made about Mexican men.
MADELEINE COSMAN: Recognize that most of these bastards molest girls under age twelve, some as young as age five, others age three. Although, of course, some specialize in boys, some specialize in nuns, some are exceedingly versatile and rape little girls age eleven and women up to age seventy-nine.
What is important here is the psychiatric defenses: Why do they do what they do? They do not need a jail; they need a hospital. They are depraved because they were deprived in their home country. But more important is the cultural defense: they suffer from psychiatric cognitive disjuncture, for what does a poor man do if in his home country of Mexico in his jurisdiction if rape is ranked lower than cow stealing? Of course, he will not know how to behave here in strange America. This is thoroughly reprehensible.

AMY GOODMAN: Madeleine Cosman, that’s her quote. She actually is not a medical doctor. She’s a Renaissance author and scholar of sorts. Lou Dobbs?
LOU DOBBS: What would you have me say, Amy? Because what—the reality is what you don’t say, is that Leonhardt’s piece was filled with errors. Secondly, Madeleine Cosman, as we learned following that report in Physicians and Surgeons, the publication, is precisely what you styled her: she is a wack—or was a wackjob. But the New York Times didn’t know that, either. If you would read the obituary for Madeleine Cosman in the New York Times—have you done that, by the way? She died a year ago, which was, by the way, a year after we had used her as a source in a report, along with other people. Did you read that obituary? Did you find that the New York Times had come to basically the same conclusion we had, that she was a credible source? Because if you read that obituary, it is glowing and filled with plaudits for Madeleine Cosman. And s

ALIPAC.net - American-Latino Immigrants Proudly Assisting the Community - Fact-Checking Dobbs: CNN Anchor Lou Dobbs Challenged on Immigration Issues (http://www.alipac.net/diary/content/view/177/2/ - broken link)

Your article is trash because the person who wrote it wasn't even a medical doctor.
I love how the pro-illegal crowd never actually bother to argue the facts but always try to divert attention. You are correct in that it was the 2005 not 2007 edition as I originally posted.

On Cosman ... from Wikipedia:

Madeleine Pelner Cosman (Dec. 4, 1937 - March 2, 2006) was a scholar, a policy analyst, an advocate, a prolific author, and a faculty member at City College of New York. "As a medical lawyer, educator and health-care policy guru, she testified before Congress, wrote 15 books and buttressed conservative politicians' arguments against immigration"[1]“She was recruited by all these politicians to present ideas with coherence, logic and dramatic flair,” her daughter said. “But before the political world took notice, the intellectual world was pretty much aware of her." Lecture appointments took Cosman throughout the United States and to Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Israel and Western Europe. She also contributed to think tanks that reflected her philosophy on medical and legal issues, the Cato and Galen institutes.

You might want to argue the facts, but you don't. All you seem to do is try to bully people into your way of thinking.

Ok I'll take the bait, but let me ask you just one question about this Mexican illegal rabble ... do you believe that 25% of the California's inmates are illegal aliens. If so, how would you account for that, other than the fact that Mexicans are essentially criminal?
 
Old 01-02-2008, 04:54 PM
 
1,266 posts, read 2,223,114 times
Reputation: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
I still do not understand why some people are so passionate about this subject, unless you are ignorant, uneducated and prejudiced. My position on this issue is neutral, illegal or legal immigration so far has had 0 impact on the quality of my life. I obviously do not agree with anything that is against the law, but it is the Government's responsibility to keep illegals out of the country, not mine.

It seems like a lot of these passionate anti-illegal are people that resent their own failures and try to blame it on illegals. Essentially, the "illegal immigrant" has become the boogeyman for people that are failures in life. Geez, I feel so threatened by someone who does not even speak English and has a 4th grade education. Irrational!
I think it is you that needs to be educated on the subject my friend. You are very naive on the subject if you think illegal immigration has no impact on the quality of your life. Just keep those rose colored glasses on and keep paying those income taxes. Don't worry about where your money is being spent.

What an utterly insane allegation to blame those with enough sense to realize what this crisis is doing to our country. To say that those wise enough to comprehend the seriousness of the alien crisis are resentful of their own failures and looking for someone to blame is not only insulting but ignorant. Thank goodness the majority of Americans don't have their rose colored glasses on anymore when it comes to the illegal alien invasion. You might try removing yours.
 
Old 01-02-2008, 05:09 PM
 
16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
Reputation: 6264
I think everyone in Minnesota should be charged a surtax of $5,000 to help the border states deal with immigration..
 
Old 01-02-2008, 05:18 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Did the 60 hospitals release any statement on why they closed?
Here's some factual research for you. Way back in 2003, the federal government set aside $1BILLION to be used to reimburse hospitals for care provided to illegal aliens. This was after a number of hospitals had already closed and others were in danger of collapsing also. Now, if US hospitals were/are not having any problem providing free care to illegals, then why would the government pony up this kind of money specifically to pay for unreimbursed care to this group? The program expires in 2009. How much money do you want to bet that the feds help themselves to another billion or so in taxpayer funds to continue to pay for these freeloaders?

This is a 2005 article from the San Francisco Chronicle, no less.

Quote:
U.S. to help cover health costs of illegals
Providers in state to divvy up $71 million for emergency care

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Beginning today, California hospitals and health care providers can charge the federal government for emergency care they provide to illegal immigrants.
U.S. to help cover health costs of illegals / Providers in state to divvy up $71 million for emergency care

Last edited by Marka; 01-08-2008 at 02:06 AM.. Reason: shortened quotes
 
Old 01-02-2008, 05:28 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanman View Post
I love how the pro-illegal crowd never actually bother to argue the facts but always try to divert attention. You are correct in that it was the 2005 not 2007 edition as I originally posted.

On Cosman ... from Wikipedia:

Madeleine Pelner Cosman (Dec. 4, 1937 - March 2, 2006) was a scholar, a policy analyst, an advocate, a prolific author, and a faculty member at City College of New York. "As a medical lawyer, educator and health-care policy guru, she testified before Congress, wrote 15 books and buttressed conservative politicians' arguments against immigration"[1]“She was recruited by all these politicians to present ideas with coherence, logic and dramatic flair,” her daughter said. “But before the political world took notice, the intellectual world was pretty much aware of her." Lecture appointments took Cosman throughout the United States and to Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Israel and Western Europe. She also contributed to think tanks that reflected her philosophy on medical and legal issues, the Cato and Galen institutes.

You might want to argue the facts, but you don't. All you seem to do is try to bully people into your way of thinking.

Ok I'll take the bait, but let me ask you just one question about this Mexican illegal rabble ... do you believe that 25% of the California's inmates are illegal aliens. If so, how would you account for that, other than the fact that Mexicans are essentially criminal?
First of all i asked you to provide a statement from the 60 hospitals you claimed closed because of cost from illegal immigrants but you couldn't and can't so you came up with this article from the the journal of physician and surgeons claiming they were real facts about the burden of illegal immigrants on the healthcare system. If this woman lied about the number of leprosy cases in the last 3 years, what is to say she didn't make up other so called facts?It was just an OPINION article and IN NO WAY representative of what he medical community thinks.

Even if 25% of california's inmates are illegal immigrants(gotta verify it) how do you know how many of them are mexican? and how does that translate into mexicans being essentially criminal? Please explain that to me.
 
Old 01-02-2008, 05:36 PM
 
4,828 posts, read 6,790,161 times
Reputation: 620
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
That is not the issue at hand. You said the article was trash because it was not written by a doctor.
Okay it was written by a racist, liar who is not a doctor. Happy
 
Old 01-02-2008, 05:50 PM
 
67 posts, read 37,422 times
Reputation: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
First of all i asked you to provide a statement from the 60 hospitals you claimed closed because of cost from illegal immigrants but you couldn't and can't so you came up with this article from the the journal of physician and surgeons claiming they were real facts about the burden of illegal immigrants on the healthcare system. If this woman lied about the number of leprosy cases in the last 3 years, what is to say she didn't make up other so called facts?It was just an OPINION article and IN NO WAY representative of what he medical community thinks.

Even if 25% of california's inmates are illegal immigrants(gotta verify it) how do you know how many of them are mexican? and how does that translate into mexicans being essentially criminal? Please explain that to me.
Well first of all, it's probably not going to be easy to explain anything to you, and I'm sure that there are many high-school teachers of yours who would agree. You did do high-school ... right?

This is getting boring, you know trying to find a subtle way to get the truth across to those who really require a two-by-four across the forehead to get the point.

Tell me what it is you disagree with in her article pal. You continue with your furious assault on Dr. Cosman but only on her person, not on what she claimed as true... So what are your "facts" that refute what she stated?

Yeah, and check out my assertion that 25% of California's inmate population ... I can provide that evidence also, but how would you POSSIBLY explain that other than Mexican's are essentially criminal? Huh?

Now tell me if you disagree that 60 hospitals have closed in California. Have they or are they still open for business treating the foul wretches spawned from that stink-hole Mexico ... Huh?
 
Old 01-02-2008, 06:03 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,709,656 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Here's some factual research for you. Way back in 2003, the federal government set aside $1BILLION to be used to reimburse hospitals for care provided to illegal aliens. This was after a number of hospitals had already closed and others were in danger of collapsing also. Now, if US hospitals were/are not having any problem providing free care to illegals, then why would the government pony up this kind of money specifically to pay for unreimbursed care to this group? The program expires in 2009. How much money do you want to bet that the feds help themselves to another billion or so in taxpayer funds to continue to pay for these freeloaders?

This is a 2005 article from the San Francisco Chronicle, no less.



U.S. to help cover health costs of illegals / Providers in state to divvy up $71 million for emergency care

<crickets>
 
Old 01-02-2008, 06:39 PM
 
Location: CA Coast
1,900 posts, read 1,706,920 times
Reputation: 350
Quote:
Now tell me if you disagree that 60 hospitals have closed in California. Have they or are they still open for business treating the foul wretches spawned from that stink-hole Mexico ... Huh?
This post reinforces my contention that much of the anti illegal movement is racially based. I have a hunch that if 12 million young French women poured over the border illegally we would not her so much squacking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top