Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2008, 01:00 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
You want to tell me fair is not incredibly biased?
Every organization is biased. It does not make their information incorrect though.

What is your point?

Old 01-03-2008, 01:03 PM

206 posts, read 410,720 times
FAIR is, indeed, a pro-enforcement organization. But, the difference between them and the author of the article posted in this thread is that FAIR DOES NOT PRETEND NOT TO HAVE AN OPINION about illegal immigration.

Old 01-03-2008, 01:03 PM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
There's another definition of "racist" that you're overlooking:

racist, n.; one who opposes illegal immigration.

/sarcasm
LOTFLMAO!!!

Old 01-03-2008, 01:06 PM

Also, FAIR provides numerous links and information to all sorts of neutral sources, such as federal and state agencies, etc. so that you can do your own research about the issue.

Last edited by blue pekoe; 01-03-2008 at 01:22 PM..

Old 01-03-2008, 01:17 PM

185 posts, read 355,361 times
The author of that article has quite a flair for fiction. He/she could give Stephen King a run for his money!

Old 01-03-2008, 01:30 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,526,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bklynchapin View Post
I never said that there were more European immigrants. I said priority was given. Compare waiting lists for immigration to the U.S. from Western Europe as opposed to Mexico.
Assuming this to be true, what is your point?

The fact is that most immigrants (by far) do not come from Western Europe, so which country may be preferred seems rather irrelevant.

Quote:
And I know you don't like me to bring in history, but I thought the following graph was incredibly interesting. It comes from the following website:

US Immigration as Percent of Population - 1820-2004 From US Politics at About.com

Okay. Again, what is your point?

Old 01-03-2008, 02:04 PM

A head's up to the pro-enforcement crowd:

The previous poster provides us with a glimpse of the intelligence, tolerance, and overall charm of future generations in this country if we don't do something to stop the invasion.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:05 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,669,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlove0792 View Post
i think that what luke says is 100% true
all of you anti-illegal immigrant from mexico
americans are so DUMB
i mean seriously you are DUMB
you need to get your head out of your butt
and think about what you are saying
my step father is an illegal immigrant and he has no problems what so ever
crime has been a big problem but thats the same way for whites and blacks
and if its anybody that is causing a lot of the crime it is the blacks
IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY
GET OVER IT
=/
Looks like someone else needs to grow up and remove their head from their rear. Until you do, it really matters very little what you think.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:09 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,009,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlove0792 View Post
i think that what luke says is 100% true
all of you anti-illegal immigrant from mexico
americans are so DUMB
i mean seriously you are DUMB
you need to get your head out of your butt
and think about what you are saying
my step father is an illegal immigrant and he has no problems what so ever
crime has been a big problem but thats the same way for whites and blacks
and if its anybody that is causing a lot of the crime it is the blacks
IF YOU DON'T LIKE WHAT I HAVE TO SAY
GET OVER IT
=/
Wow. Someone who doesn't use punctuation or paragraphs calling other people "dumb." I am very glad you're on the opposing side!

The fact that your stepfather (notice, one word) isn't having any problems whatsoever (notice again, one word) isn't an issue. He represents the problem. Blaming crime on black folks is a "nice" racist touch, though.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:10 PM

138 posts, read 513,426 times
Quote:
The fact is that most immigrants (by far) do not come from Western Europe, so which country may be preferred seems rather irrelevant.
Quote:
Okay. Again, what is your point?

My point in including the graph is that we have had various waves of immigration that have changed the face of this nation. When the Irish came, the skies were falling because they were Catholic and considered by many to be drunkards, criminals and dim-witted. They were also poor and low-skilled laborers. When the Eastern European Jews came, the skies again were falling. They were considered unassimilable hordes with backwards religious and cultural beliefs that would never be loyal to the U.S. When the Italians came, the skies again were falling, because again they were Catholic, considered criminal and did not speak English. They had much nostalgia for the old country and returned to Italy often. All of these groups lived in their own ghettos in many cities. Now xenophobic fears dictate that it is the Mexicans’ turn. Again the skies are falling. History has proven that they too will weather the storm. I just wish we could learn a little more from our history.

I have the utmost faith in our country and in everyone's basic values of goodness and justice and helping those that are most vulnerable in our society. That includes the poor, that includes the immigrants, that includes all who have suffered and will continue to suffer at the hands of easy bigotry and hatred. Many of you have said that this has nothing to do with race, but a few of you have let your vile-filled words slip, calling Mexico a "stink-hole" and espousing beliefs that Mexicans have a predilection towards pedophilia and rape. Whenever you hold anti-illegal immigrant rallies, you are joined by at least a few neo-Nazis and White Power advocates. I know that this is not where many of you are coming from, but doesn't it bother you that these are the people that you are inevitably aligned with? I feel that your position is ultimately untenable because it is driven by fear. I would hope we could be driven a little more by love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration