Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2009, 10:08 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
I still do not understand why some people are so passionate about this subject, unless you are ignorant, uneducated and prejudiced. My position on this issue is neutral, illegal or legal immigration so far has had 0 impact on the quality of my life. I obviously do not agree with anything that is against the law, but it is the Government's responsibility to keep illegals out of the country, not mine.

It seems like a lot of these passionate anti-illegal are people that resent their own failures and try to blame it on illegals. Essentially, the "illegal immigrant" has become the boogeyman for people that are failures in life. Geez, I feel so threatened by someone who does not even speak English and has a 4th grade education. Irrational!
Since you are not the only person in this country, the fact that they have had no impact on your life means little to nothing. There are millions that they have impacted and most not in a good way. But, they have impacted your life, but you refuse to see it is all. You pay higher insurance rates because of illegals and other idiot drivers. You payer higher healthcare costs because of illegals and other welfare asswipes. You don't even realize that our resources are being used up faster because of illegals and over immigration to this country. YES, they have impacted you.

Old 04-24-2009, 06:41 AM

974 posts, read 1,587,160 times
Eh Junky, save it bud. For some reason there are people out there that think we are making up the illegal immigration problem to be racists. Yep thats it, I am so racist that I think that LEGAL immigration is a good thing(once we get our house in order again). I mean, how dare I have a problem with people coming here illegally and stealing peoples identities and using up our resources so fast and tearing apart the hard work that the immigrants of the early 1900's put in to make us a great nation. Those people did it legally. They assimilated. They loved this country. You would never have seen another countries flag flying higher than the American flag. Yep we are racist.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:30 PM

197 posts, read 265,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corre-caminos View Post
So, you wish that we have a terrorist attack from SOB, to have strong arguments against the migrant workers, what kind of scrwed up magical thinking is this??, as I we didn't have a huge amount of home grown terrorists,:ham d:
I am not surprised with this militia mentality from people like him. Now that they realize that Obama is seeking openess and good relations with our neighbors, including a humane comprehensive amnesty, they are very anxious.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:09 AM

9 posts, read 11,830 times
What about corporations who have broken the law, here and abroad, what about them? What about the impact that they have on a country when they break the law, and do so VIOLENTLY, by crowding out the population away from the land which feeds them, and forcing people to take low wage jobs because now, what else is left? What about killing any people who revolt from this treatment with protests. What about assassinations of leaders that try to remove the leechlike corporation from their midst. Oh yeah that's right- We don't look back we're moving forward.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:33 AM

3,645 posts, read 4,925,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
I am not surprised with this militia mentality from people like him. Now that they realize that Obama is seeking openess and good relations with our neighbors, including a humane comprehensive amnesty, they are very anxious.
Humane to the illegal criminals but not to the American citizen. BTW, you must be an illegal lover and as such have low morals.

Old 05-01-2009, 11:50 AM

37,132 posts, read 39,380,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
Humane to the illegal criminals but not to the American citizen. BTW, you must be an illegal lover and as such have low morals.
If anything, my guess is he'd be more humane to his fellow citizens than you would.

Old 05-01-2009, 03:58 PM

46 posts, read 61,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
If your position was "neutral" you wouldn't be on here with your business slanted articles trying to convince people of your nonsensical rhetoric.

I wish I had time to give you the long answer to this, but I must get back to work. So I will leave you with this: The article is full of purposeful ambiguities. It only cites welfare roles and does not even address the cost of educating their children and taking care of their medical needs. I dont know about your state, but my state spends $18,000 - $20,000 per pupil per year in the poorest school districts. This is where most of these children live and the tax burden is astronomical. Even the few who do pay taxes are not paying nearly enough to educate one of their children on a person per person basis.
The problem is the radicals/intolerants like you, only want to see your side of the equation, thanks god that most people in our country are "trainable" , and can think and reach conclussions.

Old 05-01-2009, 04:43 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corre-caminos View Post
The problem is the radicals/intolerants like you, only want to see your side of the equation, thanks god that most people in our country are "trainable" , and can think and reach conclussions.
I have definitely being 'trained': to see that illegal aliens are almost always criminals-----------and, need to be treated accordingly.

Old 05-01-2009, 05:06 PM

197 posts, read 265,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I have definitely being 'trained': to see that illegal aliens are almost always criminals-----------and, need to be treated accordingly.

The radicals are getting desperate, amnesty is imminent Phoenix is going to be re-named Fenix....

Old 05-01-2009, 05:26 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,554,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
The radicals are getting desperate, amnesty is imminent Phoenix is going to be re-named Fenix....
What will happen to "el alcalde Joe Arapaio?"..Will he keep his job? And what will Los Angeles be called?....and will Antonio Villaraigosa continue to clean toilets?....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration