Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2009, 11:59 AM

9 posts, read 11,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
If you don't believe the problems that are being caused by illegal immigration, just keep saying "illegal, illegal, illegal" to yourself. THAT is the main point here. Someone who IMMEDIATELY breaks the law by coming in will not be a good addition to American society, imo.

Segregation was legal once. Just because it is a law doesn't mean it is a good one.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
How anyone can embrace kicking down the back door to a place where they were told to wait in line at the front is beyond me. You don't get to be an American just because you want to or because you "say so". There are billions of impoverished people in the World with the same wants and needs and we can't satisfy everyone. It's passed time other Countries get their populations stabilized so that they don't have to caste them off like pawns to send money back.

Perhaps if we give back ALL of those riches we stole from their countries they might be able to do just that. Perhaps if we resurrected the leaders of their country that we assassinated, who had dreams of building schools for everyone, but would have to get rid of American corporations in their country to do so.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a flag of honor View Post
myths? not hardly.. point out the myths and provide me links.. ... they come here and scam the taxpayers out of billions every year and now you press 2 for spanish and mostly everything you buy is spelled out in spanish.. are you all buying your way into this land of the free? are you buying our politicians.. i bet you are. you bring with you disease, cartells, drugs and demand our tax dollars support you..damn, they don't even know what a trash can is used for.. just toss it in the street.. maybe the wind and the rain will carry it to the ocean so none of us can swim in our once so beautiful oceans..yeah..keep sneaking in the back door like the snakes you are.. once a snake always a snake.. and then wonder why americans aren't taking this too well.. if you would come here and get health checked like our immigrants did and support your own self instead of taking money away from our kids, it might not be so bad.. but its in your blood to be crooks..you ruined your country and doing a great job of taking down another one..

What are we saying Americans don't litter? Americans don't cheat the tax system?(which is illegal to begin with) Americans don't deal drugs? Americans don't buy politicians? (watch the Godfather again will ya?) sounds to me like they're fitting right in!

Old 06-02-2009, 12:09 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aicram62 View Post
Just because it is a law doesn't mean it is a good one.
So if you don't like a law it's ok to ignore it?

Old 06-02-2009, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You don't happen to live here, do you? If so how can you stand living in such a corrupt, dissolute country (according to you)?

We owe no one anything. Mexico needs to reimburse us for the 440,000 doses of Tamiflu (antiviral) that we sent them. The US has over the years purchased a stockpile of antivirals to have on hand in case we are confronted with a flu pandemic. Any country can do the same. It is not our fault if a country fails to do so. We need to be repaid so that we will have sufficient stocks on hand in case they are needed for Americans.

As for the rest of your rant:

Well I'm no expert but it is often said that our medicines come from the jungles of the tropical countries,. And until I learn who was on the team that scientifically developed the anti virus I'll hold my appreciation. As the creators of living in abodes that are built right upon top of another (apartments, ghettos, villages, English towns) the Anglo Saxon was the first to experience epidemics. And then we all know what happened next.... Thanks for sharing.

As for your violin, we teach our children that if you do something wrong, you should try to make amends. It's funny how quickly that is tossed aside once we're grown. The good thing about the US is we have the right to change our mistakes, we have the obligation, the desire. Just some selfish folk talking me, my, mine, about things they stole trying to stop us from doing the right thing.

Old 06-02-2009, 12:28 PM

807 posts, read 1,302,940 times
Quote:
Segregation was legal once. Just because it is a law doesn't mean it is a good one.
Comparing SEGREGATION to ILLEGAL Immigration are two different concepts.. Segregation was imposed on LEGAL U.S. Citizens that were African Americans, laws against Illegal Immigration are passed against those that have violated the law by entering this country to begin with..

Aligning the Black Experience with the Illegal Alien experience is NOT even comperable.. Try Again!

Old 06-02-2009, 12:29 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Perhaps if we give back ALL of those riches we stole from their countries they might be able to do just that. Perhaps if we resurrected the leaders of their country that we assassinated, who had dreams of building schools for everyone, but would have to get rid of American corporations in their country to do so.
You are speaking in generalities. If you wish to make these accusations and have anyone take you seriously, you should be more specific.

1. What riches stolen from who when?

2. Which leaders were assassinated who had dreams of building schools and ridding their countries of US corporations?

Old 06-02-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
What are we saying Americans don't litter? Americans don't cheat the tax system?(which is illegal to begin with) Americans don't deal drugs? Americans don't buy politicians? (watch the Godfather again will ya?) sounds to me like they're fitting right in!
Another Pro-Illegal poster with a very bitter attitude against American Citizens..

What isn't understood on your end is that People that are in this country ILLEGALLY have comitted a crime by merely entering this country and continue to commit a crime by living in this country, therefore they are a perpetual criminal..

Of course there are Americans that litter and cheat the system as well as buy politicians, but if you look at the influx of Social Security and Identity Fraud linked to Illegal Aliens over the past years, it has been on the rise along with Illegal Immigration rates, as has Drug Activity originating largely from Cartels originating in Mexico.. It has been posted on here as well, an article a couple of days back, in which Illegals talked about how they have turned to drug smuggling into the U.S. because they are unable to find their "Under the table/tax free" employment opportunities..

Obviously, if they had come here "just to work", why smuggle drugs and commit further criminal activities? Why not just go back home to your country of origin and protest THEIR government?

Old 06-02-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
"All the Riches we stole from their countries"..

Fine! Whatever "Riches" "We" (whomever that is) allegedly stole probably doesn't compare in the amount of U.S. taxpayer dollars that are spent on Foreign Aid to these countries nor the amount of U.S. Taxpayer dollars that go into social services for those here Illegally..

Old 06-02-2009, 12:40 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
The good thing about the US is we have the right to change our mistakes, we have the obligation, the desire. Just some selfish folk talking me, my, mine, about things they stole trying to stop us from doing the right thing.
So what makes the hispanic illegals more deserving of our help then those in many Asian and African countries who are MUCH worse off?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration